Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any work around for failed to share lot

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to save a lot I spent hours re-decorating then it failed to share. I often redecorate lots and export them so I can save and reuse them when starting new worlds. I believe there maybe files saved in the library files folder but unfortunately I am not sure if there is anyway to find the files for one lot? I am hoping that other players may have an idea of how I can find/save this lot as the thought of recreating again is daunting lol

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I posted this for someone in the builder section who was having the same problem.
    Pary wrote: »
    It is possible to share the .package file from your library folder.

To make sure you have the right one, as it saves the lot in a file made up of letters and numbers, simply save the world or area where you've built it, exit the game and remove your Library folder to desktop or something to replace later, reload the game ( the game will generate a new library folder ) , go to the world where you saved the lot, click on it, and save a copy to the library.
    You can then just rename the package that is in the library folder ( it should be the only one in there ) and share it like that.

However, doing it this way does mean that none of the CC you have used will appear in other people games. You'd have to make a list of what you have used so that other people can download that same content and have it show up on the lot in their games.
    Store content never transfers via sims3pack anyway, so there are no worries on that score. People have to own it to have it show up.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thank you @Pary

I was knocking my head against a brick wall i knew there must be another way and I had forgotten lol this is what happens when a person is playing 3 iterations of the game at the same time-) :)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    If you have your library sorted by date, the file at the top will be your most recent save. Whenever I save anything to the library, I go there and rename the file to a description of what it is. Then I copy it to a folder where I keep all of my important Sims 3 files.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @IreneSwift

Thanks i forgot about that as well but this time I think I will have to use the method outlined above as I saved several lots to the library yesterday and cannot be sure which one it is but in future thats a quicker method :)
  • carvernosamcarvernosam Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2023
    DELETED
    Post edited by carvernosam on