Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Babysitters: Yay or Nay? Let's VOTE

13...Next

Comments

• SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @SuzyCue72 - Yep, townies will on occasion pick up a kid that isn't theirs and leave the lot. I don't know what happens to the kids or if their parents come for them. I accidentally screenshot Boyd Wainwright making off with a child that wasn't his in one of my games. I posted it in this thread to show that it can happen.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967339/homeless-sim-abandons-child-to-active-household#latest

@mw1525 - I've read your other thread with pictures too now, and if I understand the situation correctly it was Boyd Wainwright who started the whole unfortunate incident by taking the stranger sims toddler and trying to walk off with him. Boyd does have 2 negative traits, Slob and Neurotic, but he's not Insane, so the only explanation for his behaviour that I can think of is that he's finally gone bonkers after he and his wife Susan having been the target for years of an unhealthy attention from a certain obsessive stalker. :s
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Yay! - I can always rely on a babysitter in TS3 to get the job done.
    @SuzyCue72 - :D! Yep, Boyd's action is what started the wheels to spinning. When it happened, I was so caught up in the moment of 'What should I do', that I didn't stop to think that 'This shouldn't be happening'.

Looking back at the event there are all kinds of things wrong with what happened (code-wise). But looking at it from a more 'realistic' perspective things played out in a logical fashion.

Of the wrong things, the first is Boyd being able to take the child, the second was my Sim being able to interact with the child. I think the toddler should have dis-spawned when his father left. Since my Sim wasn't a friend of the family, he had just met the guy (I don't remember the stranger's name), he shouldn't have been able to pick the kid up let alone leave the lot with him. The last wrong thing is that the toddler's mother came to get him, my Sims had never met her. When she left my Sim's house, she took the baby with her.

It was the very next morning when the game moved them into the world, I just happened to see them 'appear' so I took the picture. Looking at the screenshot, I see the mother changed her clothing from the last time I'd seen her, so she went somewhere after she left my Sim's house.
  • carvernosamcarvernosam Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2023
    Nay - They're so useless I'd sooner trust my child with Countess Snypes or Agnes Crumplebottom!
    DELETED
    Post edited by carvernosam on
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I've only used a babysitter one time so I don't feel qualified to vote (yet). But the one time my Sims needed one, I had the parent take care of all their kids' needs before the babysitter arrived. The sitter played with the kids the entire two hours he was there. So the jury is definitely still out for me.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    edited November 2019
    Nay - They're so useless I'd sooner trust my child with Countess Snypes or Agnes Crumplebottom!
    Babysitters are just a placeholder in my opinion. Usually I have one parent work nights and the other work days...problem solved. Babies can sleep while the night shift parent is getting their zzz's MOST of the time
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited November 2019
    i only use babysitters because toddlers are annoying in public lots but they are useless and they barely take care of the child!
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I've cheated a bit with my one 3+ sim family by not letting the original couple age as fast and move up in their careers by quite a bit and now they're all rolling in the dough where the mother is Top Chef - only working 3 days a week - and the father is a top-level Writer - before I ever let them start trying for children. I've let them just have 2 children who are both grown up now with children of their own. A pair of boy/girl twin children and a female alien toddler. I can't wait until they all grow up to teens, especially the alien. :smile:

Anyway, now I've got plenty of people to take care of the latest generation. :smiley:
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2019
    Nah. 99% of the baby-sitters who come to my lot don't pay attention to their surroundings or the needs of the child (or children) they're babysitting and just watch TV.

A bit too close to home imo, as my mom used to baby sit other kids around my age growing up--- and her way of supervising us was by putting us in front of a TV all day.
    Post edited by Vails on
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • Gamer43251Gamer43251 Posts: 51 Member
    I dont rlly hire babysitters or butlers i just have bonehilda to clean up and my plumbot Zur-i to take care of the kids and sometimes cook
  • MartaxSofiaMartaxSofia Posts: 8 New Member
    Honestly, my nannies have never been too reliable... They are always teenagers in the Sims 3 as opposed to the Sims 4 where they are always elders so maybe that's why they aren't as effective. My other big problem is that I can't fire them because when I get home from work they get the hell out of dodge before I get the change so I end up having to pay an extra 75§ to do the trick... Is there a fix for that?