Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I change the location of my Mods folder?

YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
I installed the sims 4 on my D drive where there is available space (This PC/New Volume(D:)/Program Files(x86)/Origin Games/Sims 4) but when I started the game it created a new Electronic Arts folder in my C drive (This PC/Local Disk C:)/Users/Shallon/Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4). The reason this is a problem is because I like to download mods and my C drive has no room for that (I can't remember how much GB of custom content I had before I removed it but it was A LOT lol), and I think it caused my game to "run out of memory", I'm not sure what that means but I started to get popups about that when playing the game. Also I tried dragging the "Electronic Arts" folder from my C drive to my D drive into the "Origin Games" folder but it caused my game to uninstall for some reason, I had to reinstall my game. So my question is how do I move the "Electronic Arts" or even just the "Mods" folder from my C drive to my D drive?

I looked up this question but I think the answer I found isn't up to date for Windows 10 Home version 1703, It said to right click on the folder I want to move and go to properties and click on the location tab but the problem is I don't have a location tab. Here's the question: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27082.0 .And here's what mine looks like, there is no location tab: 3342qv7.png

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :smiley:
I appreciate any kind of help!

Comments