Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Description of Discover University

sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
Did anyone else notice that in the "official leak" of the DU EP description, it specifies multiple times that you can study engineering, education, or law. It doesn't state it as if those are just new careers, it says it as if they're the only degrees you can get at university.

"Take classes that set your Sims up for success in engineering, education, or law careers."

"Attend a lecture or work on term papers and presentations – the more your Sim learns, the better they will be in careers like teaching, law, and engineering."

Should we take bets on if that's the schtick of this EP? Only able to go to college to study for the new careers that come with the EP. I'm willing to bet that's it, judging by TS4's track record.

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I think there are more degrees and with a degree you will start further ahead in the careers from the base game. Isn't that how it worked in sims 2 university?

And the education, law, and engineering degrees would require specific degrees, most likely.

There's a villainy class mentioned in the description. Why would they include that if the only degrees and career options you get are those new three ones?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit...this is the sims 4 after all.
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    I think there are more degrees and with a degree you will start further ahead in the careers from the base game. Isn't that how it worked in sims 2 university?

And the education, law, and engineering degrees would require specific degrees, most likely.

There's a villainy class mentioned in the description. Why would they include that if the only degrees and career options you get are those new three ones?

I mean, villainy could easily tie in with a law degree.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Yep. I pointed that out in a thread from last night. That description is very poorly written. If this is the real deal, I can't believe that this is what was written and was approved!

I also noticed the "juggling of a soccer ball". Does that mean it's not going to be a group activity with 2 or maybe 4 Sims?
    I believe bicycling is going to be limited to the Uni world. People shouldn't get their hopes up over that one either. They might recode the other worlds for roads or paths, but we shouldn't set ourselves up for disappointment.

Villainy was just...I don't even know what to say about that one. :/

Also, what's the deal with the going to class in dress slacks or jogging pants? HOW is that a major selling point? I get that it's supposed to represent a choice, but why would you consider that important enough to include in a synopsis of this pack?

I believe Uni is coming next month, but that description is so weird!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Also, what's the deal with the going to class in dress slacks or jogging pants? HOW is that a major selling point? I get that it's supposed to represent a choice, but why would you consider that important enough to include in a synopsis of this pack?

I feel like that is so on point for TS4. They've prioritized and focused heavily on aesthetics for the entire lifespan of the game thus far, so when I read that I wasn't really surprised. You know that the way your sims dresses is going to have absolutely no impact on the gameplay, despite the "there’s always a way to show school spirit or impress a classmate" tidbit at the end.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

Oh, I parsed that as "University-themed CAS assets, from ultra-casual to dressy options", in addition to "school colors".

I think Law, Education and Engineering are new careers that will require a degree to unlock. I don't think the pack implied that they would be the only majors, or classes, offered.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    sillehbee wrote: »
    "Attend a lecture or work on term papers and presentations – the more your Sim learns, the better they will be in careers like teaching, law, and engineering."

The word like implies they are giving examples. If it were only these three choices they would have stated it as "...the better they will be in the careers of teaching, law, and engineering."
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Yep. I pointed that out in a thread from last night. That description is very poorly written. If this is the real deal, I can't believe that this is what was written and was approved!

I also noticed the "juggling of a soccer ball". Does that mean it's not going to be a group activity with 2 or maybe 4 Sims?
    I believe bicycling is going to be limited to the Uni world. People shouldn't get their hopes up over that one either. They might recode the other worlds for roads or paths, but we shouldn't set ourselves up for disappointment.

Regarding the jogging pant/sweatpant thing, it's very much on point with teen-young adult fashion and its relatable and will help sales. And they always mention the cas stuff in the description. Like literally always. Go and look.

And the villiany class, if it's an actual criminal class, is very good classic sims humor and I'm glad we are seeing stuff like that again.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    edited October 2019

Regarding the jogging pant/sweatpant thing, it's very much on point with teen-young adult fashion and its relatable and will help sales. And they always mention the cas stuff in the description. Like literally always. Go and look.

And the villiany class, if it's an actual criminal class, is very good classic sims humor and I'm glad we are seeing stuff like that again.

Did they talk about CAS in TS2 & TS3 descriptions? I honestly can't remember. Clothing is not a selling point for me, not with the amount of amazing CC available.
    I like how this thread got moved to speculation and rumor, despite it actually being based off of the OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION OF THE EP.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited October 2019
    I hope there’s a teacher career!!
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

Did they talk about CAS in TS2 & TS3 descriptions? I honestly can't remember. Clothing is not a selling point for me, not with the amount of amazing CC available.

For TS3 it seems like they mostly mentioned it about stuff packs, except this Late Night tidbit (I didn’t check all the packs.)
    As for the Sims themselves, they’ve been given new customization options too. It’s not just clothing this time, but their physical appearance can be altered with muscle tone and the size of their breasts.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Did anyone else notice that in the "official leak" of the DU EP description, it specifies multiple times that you can study engineering, education, or law. It doesn't state it as if those are just new careers, it says it as if they're the only degrees you can get at university.

"Take classes that set your Sims up for success in engineering, education, or law careers."

Should we take bets on if that's the schtick of this EP? Only able to go to college to study for the new careers that come with the EP. I'm willing to bet that's it, judging by TS4's track record.

No there will be partying as well.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

On the sims 3 box it says:

Take a break and party
    Hang out around campus, hold a group study session at the coffee shop or just go bowling

Experiment with social groups
    make friends with rebels, jocks or nerds to unlock in game benefits

The World is Your classroom
    Attend class, sleep through student lectures and get hands on with lesson specific objects

On the sims 2 university it says:
    College town and 125 new items
    Play solo or join a band
    New life stage
    Home plastic surgery kit
    Milk the cow plant for energy.

It’s only in the sims 4 is CAS items used as a selling point.
    edited October 2019

On the sims 3 box it says:

Take a break and party
    Hang out around campus, hold a group study session at the coffee shop or just go bowling

Experiment with social groups
    make friends with rebels, jocks or nerds to unlock in game benefits

The World is Your classroom
    Attend class, sleep through student lectures and get hands on with lesson specific objects

Play solo or join a band
    New life stage
    Home plastic surgery kit

It’s only in the sims 4 is CAS items used as a selling point.

Can't wait for those low-rise sweatpant recolors and lobster mascot t-shirts. 👏

maxresdefault.jpg
    Is it just me but the ones in red, the little thing on their shirt looks like a kidney xD
    Is it just me but the ones in red, the little thing on their shirt looks like a kidney xD

Yeah, lol. Is it meant to be a crawfish? I guess that would make sense since Willow Creek is themed after Louisiana? I still really don't like it.

Yeah, lol. Is it meant to be a crawfish? I guess that would make sense since Willow Creek is themed after Louisiana? I still really don't like it.

But yeah looks like a kidney xD No crawfish!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I can use the Lobster tee shirts in my Lobster restaurant for my servers to wear.
  • GogoTomatoGogoTomato Posts: 17 Member
    Honestly, I feel like it's completely reasonable for everyone to expect game play from EA, and it's also completely reasonable to be disappointed. I'm HOPING that a lot of time and effort went into this university pack and that we get some more ACTUAL gameplay and maybe more stories about the townies/classmates so that we have something to play with. I feel like the Sims 4 lacks of lot of lore and story that we used to have in the Sims 2 and such. (Ex: Like, when you start a new game, none of the townies even know each other or anything? Supposedly Don Lothario is a lady-killer, but hes got no girlfriends / ex-girlfriends. He's not even in a relationship with any of the Caliente sisters.) So anyways, based off of that track record, I would expect to see the same sort of thing in the University worlds as well, but I'm still disappointed. I just want stories! The other features of the game should just be there to enhance the stories, but also give the option to make your own or to just mess around.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Play solo or join a band
    New life stage
    Home plastic surgery kit

I like this one. I would make marketing team rewrite their description in this very basic way for each TS4 game. In order for not to create false expectations and to actually flash out how many selling points are there in a pack. Both for us and for themselves )

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member

Please allow the children to ride bycicles too.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member

I don't think he means actual unicycles. He said "UNI" (as in short for university) cycles.
    They might have unicycles, but I think it was meant to be a play on words rather than an actual item. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

I thought he only mentioned it because of UNIVersity and biCYCLES. Could he literally mean unicycles👀