Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Will Your Sims Spend This Halloween?

Comments

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Married two days later! They're waiting for their first baby but my game was a butt and crashed on me.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    Not much since my sims won't be doing the halloween thing unless you count these grim reapers! Which they just might scare the town or getting into mean spirited selves.

Reapers.jpg?format=1000w&content-type=image%2Fjpeg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Well, as I'm back in my story again, this Halloween wasn't a very good one. I guess I'll take some pics, though, as I've aged up Derek and Taïga and it will be fun posing them!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @HillyBeth - Is the baby born, yet? Sorry, your game crashed.

@ddsims3world - :D!

@jillbg - Awwww, Sorry your Halloween wasn't a good one. What happened? Or, is that not something you want to (or can) talk about?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    In stasis; since it’s taking a little longer than I thought to get the darned computer back.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @mw1234 Oh, I must have sent out the wrong signals here! I was purely talking about my story. It has been on hiatus for about 2 years now, while I was rewriting and retaking pictures to the 61 chapters in the first part. I am actually taking up where I left off my Grey witches, which was around Halloween (still in my story). Taïga, the main character, was initiated to her full powers as a witch, but fell into a deep coma. Her grandmother left her in the hands of the council members present, to go find her father - the only one who could give his blood (necessary ingredient to make Taïga recover). Well, old Granny crashes into the sea between Groenland and Canada, barely making it alive to the shore... Oh, I mustn't forget Derek. His plane crashed over Africa and he is since reported missing...

Well... I hope this explains it! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    @jillbg Those are great news!
    I love celebrating Spooky Day on my game, but I might not do so this year since I'm too busy with RL. :-(
    I might do it in January and then, I'll post here. XD
    @thuggishsplicer Me, too. I'm working at a high school in a difficult area, and I've got my hands full... ;) I'd love to see your Halloween pics, whenever they are ready! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    @jillbg Wow, I can imagine! In my case, it's the combo college and work.

I hope the OP enjoys late Halloween pictures. LOL
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited October 2019
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @HillyBeth - Is the baby born, yet? Sorry, your game crashed.

@ddsims3world - :D!

@jillbg - Awwww, Sorry your Halloween wasn't a good one. What happened? Or, is that not something you want to (or can) talk about?

Yup! Her name is Penelope Rayne Locke and she was born one day before Snowflake Day. <3 She'll be a toddler soon!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @Nikkei_Simmer - Computer issues seems to be the "in thing" this season :(. My own PC has developed issues which I need to address. Hope yours come back to you soon.

@jillbg - No, I guess you wouldn't be having a good Halloween with your characters in peril and a pile of work before you. Hopefully, you'll have a great RL Halloween (if you do anything special on the day). BTW, you mis-tagged me, I'm mw1525 not mw1234, no worries though, I know who you were talking to ;).

@thuggishsplicer - Busy doesn't begin to define my current workload, which is why I have to schedule my Halloween game play in advance. Feel free to post those pictures whenever you can, just make certain not to violate the necro rule (just kidding) :D!!

@HillyBeth - Oooo, a winter baby :D! Well, welcome Penelope Rayne Locke!
    @mw1525 Geez! So sorry! :s
    NymlADp.jpg
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    Here is how my Sims spent last Halloween (2017, but it was my last Halloween spent in the game before my break)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/927051/happy-halloween#latest

Enjoy :)
    sig.jpg
    @mw1525 I certainly hope so soon. My iPhone 6’s keypad and my big thumbs do not do well for typing and I’m missing my sims deeply. I’m hoping to also do some minor video editing for hire for companies that need work done as a sideline work from home. Of course I have to go shoot some footage to make sure that I can get a professional looking footage example. Gotta help missus bring in money. :mrgreen: So probably won’t be getting too many hrs playing Sims ~sigh~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nabril - Your horses are beautiful! I never would have thought to give animals a Halloween costume :). The fire and ice fairies are lovely. Once Halloween was over did you change Audrey & Ariella back or did you leave them as fairies?

@Nikkei_Simmer - Trust me, I know what it's like to have a 'forced' break from the game! Here's hoping everything works out for you. BTW, I love your 'Book Title' thread, especially 'Violence'. Considering your relationship with 'certain' Sims (*cough...paparazzi...cough*), it's highly plausible your PC problems may stem from an 'inside' job :o:D;) .

For those who haven't read it, here's the link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965176/sims-ideas-for-book-titles#latest
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    For Halloween I'm switching to a save with the Goth Family and rebuilt their house into a spooky, haunted mansion. I even rebuilt their "Family Cemetery" to fit more of them as they pass, Crumplebottoms on one side, Goths on the other.
    I also will be creating sims in the future for little Mortimer and his future sibling to marry later in the story. Of course, those of you who know the Goth story... but I'd rather not spoil it for those who don't. :smirk::smile:
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    @Nikkei_Simmer - Trust me, I know what it's like to have a 'forced' break from the game! Here's hoping everything works out for you. BTW, I love your 'Book Title' thread, especially 'Violence'. Considering your relationship with 'certain' Sims (*cough...paparazzi...cough*), it's highly plausible your PC problems may stem from an 'inside' job :o:D;) .

For those who haven't read it, here's the link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965176/sims-ideas-for-book-titles#latest

I believe an inside job could very well be the case. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    @mw1525 After Halloween, they did stay fairies a while longer until they decided to try something new. At present, Audrey is a witch and Ariella is human.
    sig.jpg
  • NevonaNevona Posts: 32 Member
    Locked in the basement. Hopefully as ghosts
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    The kids in my game have started decorating and trying out costumes, and great-grandmother Cororon is ready with the camera! :smiley:

I have some corruption going on in the game, though. The game doesn't always start, and gets stuck on the black screen so I have to reboot once or twice before it can load. Also, the Launcher crashes everytime I try to look at the installed objects. I used Dashboard and found corrupt .package files in the DCbackup folder. Not sure what to do now, but I have asked for advice on NRaas. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • carvernosamcarvernosam Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2023
    DELETED
    Post edited by carvernosam on
    @Nevona - Meanie! :D!

@Cororon - Have you also tried posting your game issues on the tech forum on this site? Someone over there may be able to help you as well, if you haven't already gotten an answer?

I love decorating my Sims' home for holiday parties (although Halloween isn't actually a holiday). I hope you get some great screenies and will share them here :).
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    @Cororon - Have you also tried posting your game issues on the tech forum on this site? Someone over there may be able to help you as well, if you haven't already gotten an answer?

I've been posting on NRaas about this, and been trying different things all day yesterday and today. The game loads now, but a fresh medium world takes 10 minutes to load, and when I go into CAS or Buy/Build the stuff loads very slowly, one item per second. A backup from July loads quickly, but then the Launcher doesn't work. It crashes when you look at installed items. At the moment I'm testing an idea I have, using the July save, and emptying the DCCache and DCBackup, and I managed to finally use the Launcher to uninstall everything. Now my plan is to just install the CC I really need, and I hope none of those caused this, corruption or whatever.

I've been playing Sims 3 for ten years, and I'm not going to stop because of this *plum*. ;)
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think that I might have something planned. A small side story! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 - A side story sounds wonderful. Will you link to it here?