Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    @Archer_Girl I'm a sucker for Christmas themes and Tudor style. You've encompassed both, so wonderfully. It's almost like a trip to Yankee Candle, in the Christmas wing. (which I need to do again soon) Love it. ♥
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    edited October 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #129 - SOLVING THE SENIORS SITUATION PT II
    FORUM ID: trashdocka
    ORIGIN ID: Sekyria
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cottage Am See - Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: https://ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/470283CEEE6911E989BAEEB2A79C7201?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=Sekyria&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1500 Simoleons
    GALLERY COST: 94 815 Simoleons
    TOTAL COST: 96 315 Simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/wM16ubL
    ENTRY DETAILS: Made for Mikael and Birgitta Olsson.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    iqMLf52.png
    HCibfIQ.png

• Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    @Taoron Thank you. It is a really nice world, the only thing that annoys me is that there are almost no road / walkway connections. I would have loved to have a walkway, but there is a bit of sand between the border of the lot and the boardwalk....

@trashdocka I love your build. Especially the table / seats in the garden. That is so inventive
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    @Talea12345 Thank you!! I really like your idea with the chair elevator in the stairs! Thats so creative!
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    @trashdocka Great build! You can really feel the spirit of the elder couple living there. =) so in character and absolutely charming.
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    @Taoron, thank you for your comments. The idea was inspired by a place in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee called A Christmas Place. It's like 5 adorable little buildings all devoted to Christmas decor all year long. This didn't really turn out to look like my initial inspiration but I captured a little of it I think. There really is something so charming about a Tudor-style building decorated for Christmas. I love "Old World Christmas" and I love the Seasons expansion...best one so far in my opinion.
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Sporting Space in Brindelton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: Star Gazing
    LOT COST: $2000.00
    GALLERY COST: $108,627.00
    TOTAL COST: $110,627.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW :https://imgur.com/a/CjOw4is
    ENTRY DETAILS: Built in downtown Brindleton Bay, this modern home was built for Gunter and Norberaht Ausman. They love to chart the stars. So I designed them a house where they can enjoy the starry sky from nearly every part of the home. The overall interior wall color is a night sky blue that is covered in artwork of things discovered in the sky.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself, AlJay2000
    oBF0wE3.png
    fZmZFee.png
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    Hope everyone is doing well. I've been incredibly busy lately, but lucky for me (or.. unlucky?) I've gotten sick, so I have some time to work on the new challenge in between at-home work. I've been working on the home for Candy and Sofia, and wasn't sure what exactly was meant by "classical design." I interpreted it as neoclassical/colonial style, and here's what the shell of the home looks like so far. What do you all think? Thanks in advance!

MlQtZKN.png?2
    EgRFtrt.png
    @Talea12345 Pairing the beach and the modern home works so well together, it looks so nice.

@trashdocka So amazing <3 I love the rustic feel so much, and the location you chose is perfect.

@AlJay Love how you integrated all the space themes in!
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @trashdocka Such a charming home.

@AlJay We're thinking along the same lines but I love your deco influences.

@sgemm A pretty design, the gray with white trim is very crisp.
    I'll start out with my Sims: Gunter and Norberhat Ausman.

FORUM ID: Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID: Wendyology
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4B325E62F13311E98AEDEEB2A79C7201
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/tGgzY8x
    ENTRY DETAILS: Gunter was a young songwriter looking for original celestial metphors, Norberhart was an eccentric astronomer looking for someone out of this world. Together they've had a lifetime with stellar heights and baritone lows. He's an expert at guitar and singing; she's mastered logic and rocket science.

Gunter: Renaissance Sim - Perfectionist, Creative, Geek
    Norberhat: Nerd Brain - Erratic, Genius, Romantic

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    UgpPOvI.png

HlQsodM.jpg
    Here's my house!

FORUM ID:Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID:Wendyology
    LEVEL: Starting out.
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tail's End (will also fit on the Summer Home in Windenberg)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2F7DDF88EF9C11E9879F303966EC7D90
    LOT COST: 3000
    GALLERY COST: 121,072
    TOTAL COST: 124,072
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/oOgP7gR

ENTRY DETAILS: The Ausmans might be seniors but they've kept their edge, and they want everyone to know it. The top floor features a master bedroom with skylights and a #telescope patio. There's drama throughout including a glass dining table on a glass floor overlooking the swimming pool. Thinking of the future, there's space reserved for an elevator, Gunter and Norberhart insist they won't need it.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    iNPMbNv.png
    K5HGBjE.png
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    edited October 2019
    Seems as though my original submission was somehow removed, or never posted?

CHALLENGE #129- Solving the Senior Situation

FORUM ID: HIGHER_DESIGN
    ORIGIN ID: HIGHER-DESIGN
    LEVEL: Established

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cottage Am Em, Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Maine Lake House
    LOT COST: § 1,500
    GALLERY COST: § 73,716
    TOTAL COST: § 75,216

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Full Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: Designed for Mikael and Birgitta Olsson, they need a master bedroom with ensuite, a separate bathroom for guests, a craft room, a man cave, and a combination kitchen/living room. Mikael likes fishing and sports while Birgitta loves floral designs. Inspired by New England architecture, and coastal lighthouses, this cozy water-side home features a layout for two, hosting a shared kitchen and living area, large master bedroom with ensuite, sports room, crafting center with garden top deck, and guest bath as well. Enjoy!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

Uxob2B0.png
    edited October 2019
    Deleted Sims entry// decided not to enter Sims, but they're under the gallery tag!
    Post edited by sgemm on
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    CHALLENGE #129 – SOLVING THE SENIORS SITUATION

FORUM ID: xamira99
    ORIGIN ID: xamira99
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Olsson Fairview
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Bedlington Boathouse
    GALLERY COST: $90,244
    TOTAL COST: $91,744
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Olsson Fairview
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Olsson Fairview is built on a 20x20 lot in the Brindleton Bay for the Olsson’s couple. The master bedroom is located on the top floor with a balcony where they can enjoy some private time together. It also has a TV nook area where the couple could also enjoy a movie night. In addition, the house has a lovely small greenhouse attached to the house for Birgitta to enjoy her personal time doing the floral designs and Mikael’s man cave on the ground floor has everything that he enjoys to keep him busy when he is not going out fishing either for a deep water fishing or just a simple casting near the beach. It has an open kitchen, dining and living area where they could easily entertain their guests while cooking and eating. At the backyard deck, the couple could enjoy the beautiful sunset overlooking Cavalier Cove and the ocean. The interior suits the taste of both couples and the landscaping has been kept minimal since it’s often that the area have high tide. There was also a small storage area in their backyard.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Not Applicable
    TWITTER TAG: @xamira_99
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Not Applicable
    TUMBLR LINK: Not Applicable
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    QePdNqH.png
    ZSIjUyS.png

OID:- x4m1r4
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    @xamira99 , I am completely in love with this house! The effort you've put into the details, that makes it so realistic, is really phenomenal!
    @trashdocka @AlJay @sgemm @wendyology @HIGHER_DESIGN @xamira99 All lovely builds! Each so different and unique and wonderful in it's own right.
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you @Taoron :)
    I'm stuck and I don't know what to do here. Any advice would be welcome.

The price of my home is just....wrong. I'm just finishing up, and like what happened to me on the Chalet build, the cost in the Gallery and the cost in Build Mode, make no sense. I looked at the cost going into the Gallery and it was over by a little. I removed more than $10k worth of stuff and the price going into the Gallery did not change, but the Build Mode price reflected the change. I continued to remove items with the same results. Now I'm stripping my house down and the Gallery cost stays the same, no matter what I do.

I saved my work and exited the game. I removed the save in my Library. I evicted my tennant. I go back, in Build Mode and the price is the same, going into the Gallery. In Build Mode, I am now several thousand below where I need to be, even with adding in the Lot Cost and in the Gallery, if I upload it, I will be penalized for going over the Build Cost, even though I have not. That's why I just got frustrated with the Chalet and stopped caring about how it looked. Now it's happening to me again.

Why?

So, I am stuck. I can upload it as is and it will be over budget and empty and be critiqued for being over and empty or just completely give up. I don't understand why this keeps happening.
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Taoron Last time the gallery was that weird for me I rebooted the laptop and everything started behaving.....I suspect that plants were my issue and no idea if it will fix your version of randomness but might worth a shot?

I’m just stuck. My build and me are simply not getting on.....I like the shape and wall height, find the right windows then can’t find curtains....choose the curtains to match the build/change the windows/change the walls/change the curtains/change the height/give up on the build & start another/can’t get anything I like as much as the other one so go back and change the curtains/etc/etc.....I’m in an endless loop that’s driving me insane!!! I really like the house overall but I just can’t finish it. I’m normally working on a slide show by now so i’ll probably miss the deadline :/ i’ll probably give it another day then just give up and enjoy everyone else work instead :)
    edited October 2019
    CHALLENGE #129 - Solving the Senior Situation Pt. II (Candy Noren and Sofia Banks)
    FORUM ID:Taoron
    ORIGIN ID:Taoron24121
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Brindleton Pawspital
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/314BFDE7F35B11E98706303966EC7D90
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST:$121,689
    TOTAL COST:$124,689
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/we8ryjU
    ENTRY DETAILS: As per my previous post, the pricing gave me a ton of issues. I think I figured out why. It would seem the created Artwork makes everything lose it's mind, for whatever reason. Either way, ghosts in the machine and all, after moving it to different lots and seeing how it went, I finally got it to settle down. I hope.

Classical styled Home: 4 Bed/3.5Bath Front Covered Porch with an offset Gazebo built in and a Rear Deck. There is a Master Suite on the 1st floor and one on the Second Floor. The Fist floor also contains a Living Room, Formal Dining, Library, Storage Room, Laundry, Half Bath and an Open Family Room/Breakfast Nook and Kitchen.

On the second Floor, along with the 2nd Master Suite, are 2 extra bedrooms and a full Bath.

Flower Gardens in the front and rear.

I forgot to add the #BnS129 tag to my entry and did not think of it until it already had a bunch of downloads. I'm sure the migrane didn't help in that. I hope you can still find it, with the links and info provided.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

di0vGCD.png
    medxED4.png

AliSim19 wrote: »
    @Taoron Last time the gallery was that weird for me I rebooted the laptop and everything started behaving.....I suspect that plants were my issue and no idea if it will fix your version of randomness but might worth a shot?

I’m just stuck. My build and me are simply not getting on.....I like the shape and wall height, find the right windows then can’t find curtains....choose the curtains to match the build/change the windows/change the walls/change the curtains/change the height/give up on the build & start another/can’t get anything I like as much as the other one so go back and change the curtains/etc/etc.....I’m in an endless loop that’s driving me insane!!! I really like the house overall but I just can’t finish it. I’m normally working on a slide show by now so i’ll probably miss the deadline :/ i’ll probably give it another day then just give up and enjoy everyone else work instead :)

@AliSim19 Have you tried resizing the curtains? There are a lot of them that don't seem to fit any window until you 'fix' them. I find I end up adjusting about 90% of the curtains I put up.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment @Archer_Girl :)

Thanks @Taoron Your build is amazing too!
    OID:- x4m1r4
    FORUM ID:sgemm
    ORIGIN ID:sgemm
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Factory One, Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2297F406F22711E98A1B7A1175479295
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $106,304
    TOTAL COST: $108,304
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/YcOvywZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: Riverbend Colonial is a classical/colonial home in the heart of Windenburg, overlooking the river. With marble flooring, large windows, and clean white walls, it gives the impression of status while also being cozy. It's grown backyard, a home library, large kitchen, and well styled parlor give it it's character. There are 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: w8Ryx5S.png
    mIrpD78.png
    @Taoron I love your build so much. I think it's challenging to get the classical theme right without using brown, and you've done it really well!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top