Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 DISCOVER UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION LEAKED + BOXART

Comments

• Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member

It's just a description it won't list everything. More will be revealed in the trailer.

I kind of remember Realm of Magic's description literally listing everything + some lies about "quests".
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »

It's just a description it won't list everything. More will be revealed in the trailer.

I kind of remember Realm of Magic's description literally listing everything + some lies about "quests".

I do too...
    Yeah I am not holding out much hope. But I've been wrong before.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited October 2019

and those mermaids from island living being 'fully featured', what the plum.
    We already have laptops.

i want them to improve it, add opening and closing animation, being able to use on the floor, plus they're base game items anyways so nobody be pointing out that we also have them from SV. and laptops are very common and essential for students so there's no point of not adding/updating them. again, i need proper laptops, not just some inventory-able computer.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Imagine if this is all a big distraction from another big pack they're making, and they're not even making university. Like its just a smoke screen for something else...? We've been getting all this information and none of it is official from EA

Occam's razor man.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Good gosh, the box art looks terrible. The sims look like plastic dolls. :/

Anyway, as expected, doesn't sound like anything for non-YAs here, so definitely a skip for me. Kind of a bummer as I really wanted law and teaching careers. Maybe I'll try to win it in a giveaway at most, but certainly not buying.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If we don't get photobooths in this pack I'm going to be very disappointed. This is the perfect pack to add these to.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I've been thinking about something. Do you guys think these leaks are done or purpose all the time by EA or whoever? And they make it look accidental so we start getting hype and everyone starts talking about it? Probably boosting sales.
    It's a method that works everytime.
    Or you think these are genuine "leaks"?

That's exactly my thought. I do not believe them being "leaks". And certainly "hype" is a new marketing strategy with this game. A sad thing to be honest. But that's just how many things function now. Not only Sims game.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Don’t take this the wrong way, but there’s a lot of saltiness in this thread.

Not saying that’s not allowed, but we have hardly seen anything and we just simply don’t know yet.

Let’s all wait judging until we actually know stuff, maybe?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

Not saying that’s not allowed, but we have hardly seen anything and we just simply don’t know yet.

I know but 9 times out of 10 , the leaks are real and show everything...it happened with Island Living leak..so...
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    edited October 2019
    I have so many questions to this... I really wish that graduating from the University/Institute will affect old careers as well, not just those 3 new? I might not send my teens to Campus if it won't affect their adult life...

And I wonder how aging will be on Campus? Because when playing rotationally, it gets harder to complete school semesters if those households at home age during the semesters. I mean, I could probably turn off aging while playing Uni, but if those studies are going on for several years, the game might need aging to proceed with the studies/classes?

Anyway, content seems good!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I've been thinking about something. Do you guys think these leaks are done or purpose all the time by EA or whoever? And they make it look accidental so we start getting hype and everyone starts talking about it? Probably boosting sales.
    It's a method that works everytime.
    Or you think these are genuine "leaks"?

@Babykittyjade Yes, that has crossed my mind too, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I don't mind at all though that there are these leaks happening. It also gets people talking about the game, which is a good thing, so it could be done on purpose too.. which again I don't mind, I like that there is things to discuss (not that there isn't without the leaks, there is a lot!), and to look after than just silence and surprises.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @Simmerville its literally just a few sentences regarding that. They’ll probably get to it soon. The fame system affected past careers while the acting and the social media one were the main focus. I’m sure they’ll get to it once they officially announce it and can talk about it. Though if not, they have some explaining to do
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    ok im shaking rn. im just gone leave it here

bicycles are confirmed. we wus right

=================================================================

historical universiry of britechester
    modern foxbort institute
    bicyles
    dormitories
    roommates
    biology, computer science, art history, and villainy
    three new careers - engineering, education (teacher!), law careers
    robotics
    ping pong
    new pranks
    study sessions
    juice pong
    soccerball
    robotics, debate, art classes, and secret societies
    MINI FRIDGE SKSKS AND I OOP

xgxvrsbv7ft31.jpg
    bcdteyod8ft31.jpg

This sounds awesome, and I'm excited.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Guys it's not confirmed! Stop saying it's confirmed!

a) It’s in the speculation area
    b) The Xbox store, coming direct from Microsoft, is official confirmation.

This is a leak,not official confirmation.
  • Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I have so many questions to this... I really wish that graduating from the University/Institute will affect old careers as well, not just those 3 new? I might not send my teens to Campus if it won't affect their adult life...

And I wonder how aging will be on Campus? Because when playing rotationally, it gets harder to complete school semesters if those households at home age during the semesters. I mean, I could probably turn off aging while playing Uni, but if those studies are going on for several years, the game might need aging to proceed with the studies/classes?

@Simmerville Or maybe age doesn't matter anymore, and you don't have to be young adult to be able to go to University/Institute, like in real life (at least where I live).. I would like it that way. I also hope that there will be some affect on other careers too!
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I just hope that they improve education in the pre-EP update. I would really like to send my kids to private school just like in TS2.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am a bit disappointed by the lack of majors. This is exactly what I feared - like 4 "general" majors (the ones we got are not even general in my eyes) that are made to fit all careers.

What would an engineer even study? Not all types of engineering do "computer science" (also it's a big part of it, but engineering is not the same as computer sicence). And what about music, medicine, etc? Why give us stupid "villainy" when there are so many other basic careers? I do like the 3 new careers though.

I hope there is the possibility for modders to create more majors. As for this I am really disappointed, the studying itself is the thing I want.It would be great if it had a tool so we could create majors ourselves so supernatural players can have their magic University and I can have my realistic gameplay majors.

Campus life was never my experience of University (I commuted and lots of Unis in Germany don't have a full campus but their faculty buildings are rather scattered around the whole city). I do like the soccer thing, but I fear it will be like basketball we have in game, no real game possible, just "practising shots" or "dreaming of big game". When we aren't so lucky, it will be confined to 2 or 3 Sims and for teen+ only.

But have they even mentioned majors, though? They mentioned 3 new careers and taking classes. I think the focus this time will be more on classes than specific majors. That way, Uni can affect all careers without them wasting too much devlopment time. We only got six majors in TS3 and I was disappointed with that.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Just turn on aging for the active family only. We already have that option in the game. I'm sure that taking classes will affect most, if not all careers.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member

But that wasn't a lie. It was true: "...and become a Spellcaster by completing a quest." Sure, it wasn't as extravagant as most were thinking, but it was a quest nonetheless.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The description kind of implies that bikes are only available in Britechester, but it's better than nothing I guess

It's also good that we get to choose from two universities this time.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

After Island Living the "saltiness" has been well earned. The pack descriptions have always listed the main features we're now at the point we learn of the limitations of this pack and how in depth these features are going to be. Will the bike actually ride around the neighborhood or teleport around like the broom seeing as this question even has to be asked says everything about the packs leading up to University.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am a bit disappointed by the lack of majors. This is exactly what I feared - like 4 "general" majors (the ones we got are not even general in my eyes) that are made to fit all careers.

What would an engineer even study? Not all types of engineering do "computer science" (also it's a big part of it, but engineering is not the same as computer sicence). And what about music, medicine, etc? Why give us stupid "villainy" when there are so many other basic careers? I do like the 3 new careers though.

I hope there is the possibility for modders to create more majors. As for this I am really disappointed, the studying itself is the thing I want.It would be great if it had a tool so we could create majors ourselves so supernatural players can have their magic University and I can have my realistic gameplay majors.

Campus life was never my experience of University (I commuted and lots of Unis in Germany don't have a full campus but their faculty buildings are rather scattered around the whole city). I do like the soccer thing, but I fear it will be like basketball we have in game, no real game possible, just "practising shots" or "dreaming of big game". When we aren't so lucky, it will be confined to 2 or 3 Sims and for teen+ only.

But have they even mentioned majors, though? They mentioned 3 new careers and taking classes. I think the focus this time will be more on classes than specific majors. That way, Uni can affect all careers without them wasting too much devlopment time. We only got six majors in TS3 and I was disappointed with that.

Yes, they mentioned biology, computer science, art history and villainy. I would be even more disappointed if these weren't even majors, but weird singular classes you have to take, then it's like what, is it even University or whatever is it then?

And yes, I did think the 6 majors in TS3 were pretty empty compared to TS2.
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I'm suuper excited, this is all I've been waiting for since the Get Together trailer made it look like a college town LOL. Now if only they'd introduce long hair that doesn't stop 2 inches past the shoulders.
    original.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    The description kind of implies that bikes are only available in Britechester, but it's better than nothing I guess

It's also good that we get to choose from two universities this time.
    If the bikes are only available in Britechester that is not a better than nothing scenario for me it would turn me away from this expansion on that alone. I'm over expansions playing as mini games ocean swimming on one world, apartments on one world why would anyone settle for a expansion that should be expanding the base game non stop mini game there are just some features that should be everywhere biking being one of them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    you will hit a loading screen