Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 DISCOVER UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION LEAKED + BOXART

Comments

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    @ehaught58 wrote: »
    Ping Pong tables? What about pool tables??? I see a lot more people asking for pool tables than ping pong tables!

Beer pong is an iconic game played at colleges/universities, so it makes more sense to add it than pool tables.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited October 2019
    Ok hold my tea..

I was not expecting this leak. It was a fun read, but i do have some concerns while reading this

* Why does it seem like studying only gives purpose to the new 3 jobs and not all the careers? It has been mentioned this way 2 times in the description
    * I sure hope there are online classes and simple courses for every sim to up their skill level.
    * How is a new world confirmed? It could still be a university lot, campus lot etc. I will stay a little skeptical about this..

cos there were mentions of dormitories so i assume it will be the new lot type or something for that world.

Yes I know, but it could still just be just lot type to be placed in any other world. I mean, in general i would think we get a whole world yes, especially cause it is an EP and it would be weird to not have one. But I have to see it first to be sure about it as I am trying to not get my hopes up to high since TS4 is good in crushing those. Even when it seems to obvious sometimes.

I think the world is called Britechester. Usually, but not always, Universities are named after the place they’re in.

Edit: The new world is indeed called Britechester.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am a bit disappointed by the lack of majors. This is exactly what I feared - like 4 "general" majors (the ones we got are not even general in my eyes) that are made to fit all careers.

What would an engineer even study? Not all types of engineering do "computer science" (also it's a big part of it, but engineering is not the same as computer sicence). And what about music, medicine, etc? Why give us stupid "villainy" when there are so many other basic careers? I do like the 3 new careers though.

I hope there is the possibility for modders to create more majors. As for this I am really disappointed, the studying itself is the thing I want.It would be great if it had a tool so we could create majors ourselves so supernatural players can have their magic University and I can have my realistic gameplay majors.

Campus life was never my experience of University (I commuted and lots of Unis in Germany don't have a full campus but their faculty buildings are rather scattered around the whole city). I do like the soccer thing, but I fear it will be like basketball we have in game, no real game possible, just "practising shots" or "dreaming of big game". When we aren't so lucky, it will be confined to 2 or 3 Sims and for teen+ only.

This is exactly how I feel. The childish villainy study got a priority over general studies? What is this game about? Childish pranks, Magic, occults, bars/partying, pride, toilet humor?

The EP is about university and the majors are not even expanded. It is a bad start if you ask me.
    I have always said this but TS4 does not contain a good sense of humor and it is rather childish. I will never forget the 4 hour live stream which was overly cringe and only dedicated to kids up to age 10 and that while this game is rated Teen and their loyal players are at least around 30 years old now. Even children are more adult than the content of TS4.. it needs to stop.

Quirky jokes is not the same as toilet humor and childish meaningless pranks.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes !!!! I'm so happy we're getting two different schools!

I hope we finally get bunk beds as well
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited October 2019
    Ok hold my tea..

I was not expecting this leak. It was a fun read, but i do have some concerns while reading this

* Why does it seem like studying only gives purpose to the new 3 jobs and not all the careers? It has been mentioned this way 2 times in the description
    * I sure hope there are online classes and simple courses for every sim to up their skill level.
    * How is a new world confirmed? It could still be a university lot, campus lot etc. I will stay a little skeptical about this..

cos there were mentions of dormitories so i assume it will be the new lot type or something for that world.

Yes I know, but it could still just be just lot type to be placed in any other world. I mean, in general i would think we get a whole world yes, especially cause it is an EP and it would be weird to not have one. But I have to see it first to be sure about it as I am trying to not get my hopes up to high since TS4 is good in crushing those. Even when it seems to obvious sometimes.

I think the world is called Britechester. Usually, but not always, Universities are named after the place they’re in.

Isn't the 'Foxbury institute' another school? There could be a new world and a secret lot with a diff campus
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Ok hold my tea..

Isn't the 'Foxbury institute' another school? There could be a new world and a secret lot with a diff campus

The description pretty much say it is. It also says prank your rival school and wear your school colors. Probably on opposite ends on the map, my guess
  • Options
    Goodbye boarding school for teens
    What if they’re doing something like what they did with C&Ds and MFP. They’re going to make it a GP though and have any missing furniture if any from this pack. Looool, hope not but if they ever add boarding school/private schools they should be really fleshed out.
  • Options
    Hope bicycles are for children too! We don’t even know if they’re for teens, but teens can do most things YA+ can do
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2019
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am a bit disappointed by the lack of majors. This is exactly what I feared - like 4 "general" majors (the ones we got are not even general in my eyes) that are made to fit all careers.

What would an engineer even study? Not all types of engineering do "computer science" (also it's a big part of it, but engineering is not the same as computer sicence). And what about music, medicine, etc? Why give us stupid "villainy" when there are so many other basic careers? I do like the 3 new careers though.

I hope there is the possibility for modders to create more majors. As for this I am really disappointed, the studying itself is the thing I want.It would be great if it had a tool so we could create majors ourselves so supernatural players can have their magic University and I can have my realistic gameplay majors.

Campus life was never my experience of University (I commuted and lots of Unis in Germany don't have a full campus but their faculty buildings are rather scattered around the whole city). I do like the soccer thing, but I fear it will be like basketball we have in game, no real game possible, just "practising shots" or "dreaming of big game". When we aren't so lucky, it will be confined to 2 or 3 Sims and for teen+ only.

This is exactly how I feel. The childish villainy study got a priority over general studies? What is this game about? Childish pranks, Magic, occults, bars/partying, pride, toilet humor?

The EP is about university and the majors are not even expanded. It is a bad start if you ask me.
    I have always said this but TS4 does not contain a good sense of humor and it is rather childish. I will never forget the 4 hour live stream which was overly cringe and only dedicated to kids up to age 10 and that while this game is rated Teen and their loyal players are at least around 30 years old now. Even children are more adult than the content of TS4.. it needs to stop.

Quirky jokes is not the same as toilet humor and childish meaningless pranks.

I don't mind the humor so much, and there are lots of people who do like to play occults and magic, and I don't think it dominates the game. But I would have preferred "criminology" over "villainy" (seriously?). And I do think this life simulation lacks lots of, well, LIFE stuff for our sims. I keep encountering the problem that I don't know what to do with my Sims when they have a day off because there just isn't much to do for a whole group of Sims.

Why would my family go outside to play in the snow and only 2 Sims can build a snowman? Why can't I vacation in Sulani (the option to live there is really nice, but why haven't they implemented the option to "rent" something there for a short period of time)? Why can't my Sims go sailing or drive a jetski TOGETHER? Why can't my Sims cook and bake together? Why aren't there more board games that can be played by up to 8 sims? These board games do exist in real life, so why is there only the stupid lama game table (and the other card thing - which both are as games confined to certain tables, why not make these games inventory stuff and you can pull them out of a closet or your sims' inventory whenever they want to play with other sims)? Why can't my Sims have an actual basketball match, but only "practise shots" or "dream about big game"? Why can't my Sims play in the pool? Who swims next to each other without talking?

This is not even a family gameplay style problem. This problem also exists for roommates, YA with friends, occults, etc. - also people who play single Sims do play them having friends, right? So what is there to do other than bowling, kicker, and the 100th party?

Also, I really miss the detailed simology options from TS2 - the turn on/turn offs and the memory system (it was really simple compaired to TS3 which only bloated your save files anyway, so I kept turning memories off, but I really liked the memory system in TS2, it was just a nice little detail). Also, I would love to choose 4 traits and give them "points" like we had in TS2, so you can take the "gloomy"-trait and actually define how gloomy the Sim really is. 1 point = just a bit gloomy, 10 points = very gloomy. This was so detailed, why don't we have that anymore? And with the new traits system, you could really make very individual sims.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited October 2019
    It sounds cool, but I'm worried if there will be pool tables and bunk beds or not. These are the two items I was hoping the most for this pack, but they weren't mentioned in the description. The fact that there are ping pong tables worries me because I'm not sure if they would add both ping pong tables and pool tables. This would be the perfect opportunity to add these items in my opinion, I'm not sure in which other pack they could come if not this one.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Ok hold my tea..

Yeah it is, the leak says welcome to Britechester and ride tour bike through it. So I’m assuming both campuses are there. As someone else said on either sides of the map, with maybe the community lots and dorms and housing in between.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2019
    lexus20 wrote: »
    It sounds cool, but I'm worried if there will be pool tables and bunk beds or not. These are the two items I was hoping the most for this pack, but they weren't mentioned in the description. The fact that there are ping pong tables worries me because I'm not sure if they would add both ping pong tables and pool tables. This would be the perfect opportunity to add these items in my opinion, I'm not sure in which other pack they could come if not this one.

I do hope we get pool tables too besides ping pong, it would just be another thing to do with a group of Sims, while ping pong can only be played by 2 Sims (and well, not all people like beer pong).
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    The way I see it, both Britechester and Foxbury could be destination worlds. You send your student for 7 days, bring them home for a break, send them again, etc., until graduation. Happy to see 3 new careers, curious about majors.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Uni isn't high on my priority list. I especially need to see how this works for rotational play. In Outdoor Retreat when I tried to send three families camping, time progressed for everyone. After playing family A three days, family B had gotten charged for three days, too, despite me never having touched them during this time.

But, dang, bicycles are tempting.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sounds ... great. (On paper that is). Let's see how the actual game turns out, and don't forget about past experiences.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Guys it's not confirmed! Stop saying it's confirmed!

what's wrong with you?

===================================================================

anyways, it's been reported that the listing for TS4 Discover University has been taken down from the Xbox Store.

and, oh god, the description hasn't mention anything about laptops, bunkbeds, and backpacks. im getting worried

Laptops are already in the game, both base game and strangerville.

However you can't use them on the floor which really irritates me.

as for bunk beds I think they would be patched in so they wouldn't be a pack feature, and backpacks are so minor I don't think they deserve to be on the features list.

i want proper laptops, been wanting this multiple times now, those laptops from SV are just inventory-able computers and it's lazy.

Agreed.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited October 2019
    The good:

It's a pleasant surprise that there will be 2 distinct universities and perhaps rivalry between them.
    I like the sound of the 3 new careers - I've always wanted a teacher career especially.
    Bicycles - good news.

The bad (?):

Well, I'm a little disappointed that it seems drums/bands are pretty much confirmed to not be a thing. :/
    And I don't like some of the wording - "juggling a soccer ball" seems to mean it's just going to be a single sim activity again... And another thing- it really, really sounds like the University studies are set up for only the 3 new careers. Hopefully that won't be the case but it really sounds like it in the text (maybe bad wording).
    Mentioning "Posters" as a selling point kind of worries me.

Overall I'm still being optimistic and looking forward to the trailer and more info.

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I've already seen people over on Twitter making claims that probably Cars will be coming in the pre patch.

Some people never learn, right? Stating Cars are probably coming in the pre patch is a very dangerous statement to make.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im about to get on my console and see if its still there. And can I just say Im loving the afro-centric hairstyles shown? That ponytail is my life right now.

Anyway, Im excited for University though Im a bit curious over why we still have no official announcement. Shouldnt we have gotten something by now? It makes me think of Island Living and how it was announced not long before its due date and we all know how well that "EP" turned out.
  • Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »

what's wrong with you?

anyways, it's been reported that the listing for TS4 Discover University has been taken down from the Xbox Store.

and, oh god, the description hasn't mention anything about laptops, bunkbeds, and backpacks. im getting worried

if theres not bunkbeds i will actually go crazy!

I need bunk beds to buy this expansion pack lol
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    Gonna call it now: Dorms are limited to the university and you cant create your own.

Every TS4 expansion has a major flaw, i have no faith this EP will be the exception.
  • Options
    jooxis wrote: »
    And another thing- it really, really sounds like the University studies are set up for only the 3 new careers. Hopefully that won't be the case but it really sounds like it in the text (maybe bad wording).

I think they did that just to say they have 3 new careers, since it’s a new pack they want to show off new things. GF fame system let sims become famous in every career, despite acting and the social media career we’re the main focus. Though if it is just towards those 3 careers, it would be such a missed opportunity and incredibly disappointing. It’s just a description, so hopefully we’ll get more info when they dwell into that.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

what's wrong with you?

We already have laptops.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

what's wrong with you?

It's just a description it won't list everything. More will be revealed in the trailer.