March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you wish your Sims didn't do

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    They ignore their need to use the restroom, some continually grab glasses of water. They use bathroom sinks to do dishes and in one case they used bathroom counters to fix food. They use umbrella’s which is plan annoying in some cases.
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    Leaving toddlers outside and rotating around the dinner table.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    *Drop off food at coffee tables
    *Queue up a wave goodbye when jogging by another Sim who is leaving the area. And then when they stop jogging waving to no one.
    *Dropping everything to shovel snow!!!!
    *Sims who all appear at the same time on community lots in the same spot rather than either being there already or arriving in a trickle effect.
    *Disappearing at the front of the house instead of leaving at the corner of the lot.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Washing the dishes on the bathroom sink
    Siting in the bed to eat/read having a dinner table/sofa
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    When they are literally on the brink of starving or wetting themselves and I tell them to eat or pee and they just have to hug everyone in the house first.
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Right now I would have to say my toddlers not finishing their meals. They eat very little and then leave their plates all over the place. Since they don’t finish dinner they wake up starving. Unless I make them go back to eat they fall alseep still hungry.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Annoying actions like push ups, trolling forums, cell phone invites and playing on the cell phone, and the default happy mood annoys me and makes me think they are stepford robots with fake smiles.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SS_DrakonSS_Drakon Posts: 17 Member
    I need to remove bookshelves cuz it bothers me when they keep reading hahah
  • Z3t487Z3t487 Posts: 14 New Member
    Can i say a few things i wish they did autonomously?

- Looking for a job
    - Developing skills for that job (expecially if they have the 'aimbitious trait)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    everything they are not told to :)
  • JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    do anything when I have autonomy off for selected sim.

I'm so close to just deleting the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dollhouse so that my mom sim won't constantly try to go play with the dolls by herself.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Sad mopey sims. I stopped using the toddler “charmer” trait because they grow up to be sad adults. To change their moodlet from sad to happy they have to constantly be socializing....and if the conversation stops for any reason, minutes later they are sad and wondering “where is everyone at?”. Please just stop, you don’t need to talk to someone ALL THE TIME, you needy 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • SempophaiSempophai Posts: 18 Member
    > @Sharonia said:
    > Asking to buy a bee box in the whims. I swear all my sims are obsessed with owning one of these things. :D

Definitely, whether in an apartment, a lover of the outdoors etc doesn't seem to matter, every sim obsesses over wanting a bee box and i'm sick of it, ease up on it some, at least target outdoors sims and the like and drop it on those living in apartments entirely perhaps?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2019
    Have default smiles on their faces. Makes them feel like Stepford Wives robots and no different from possessed Sims. It literally creeps me out like scary clowns.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I wish my vampire grand master sims with their vampire strength maxed out wouldn't keep losing duels against fledglings. It's embarrassing! =P
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,295 Member
    edited October 2019
    "Why are you leaving the book on floor? You have the neat trait, your chair is right next to the bookshelf so why aren't you putting the book back on the shelf?"

I have autonomy disabled and they still pull dumb stuff like this...

"You're a foodie, that drink is excellent quality- why the eff do you not like it?"

I actually looked that up thinking it was a bug...It's not. A drink needs to be excellent quality and made by a sim with a mixology skill of 5 or higher for a foodie to like it...

"Loner does not equate to being a butt online, stop trolling I wanted you to be nice!"

I feel like this game needs a "quiet" trait- a sim with this trait prefers the peace and quiet of home, don't require socialization and gains a powerful fine moodlet when on their home lot.

We need traits that trigger fine instead of happy and I wish my sims would stop talking or making noises all the time- you are reading a book be quiet darn it!

I'm highly in favor of a Quiet Trait.

I get annoyed when my Sims crane their necks to talk to Sims behind them. I get annoyed when they stand there doing nothing for too long even when they have a task assigned.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • jutrzenka3jutrzenka3 Posts: 18 Member
    Go outside in freezing weather barely clothed and almost die.
    Order a drink at the bar and just as I cancel the action: * cha-ching * -18 simoleons
    Walk in on other sims bathing and then go hide from everyone.
    Put empty plates in random places.
    Burn grilled cheese.
  • hufflepeachhufflepeach Posts: 1 New Member
    Wash the dishes in the bathroom sink instead of the kitchen one.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Talking to plants. And playing with the dollhouse.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Drinking water - This is starting to be a pet peeve. They do it far too much and the entire process takes WAY too long. It's usually an hour and a half from the time they go to the sink, stand there drinking the water, then rater than wash the glass at the sink they are standing at they usually walk into the living room and set it on the coffee table. They then stand there for up to a half an hour and finally decide to pick it back up and wash it. It's infuriating! lol

They may as well name the game Water Drinking Simulator 2019
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    This one's mega easy.
    I thought they had forever cured the whole leaving glasses everywhere thing from the Sims 2.
    I don't recall this happening on the regular in the Sims 3 (if at all)
    An now it's back and more annoying than ever in the Sims 4
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Drinking water - This is starting to be a pet peeve. They do it far too much and the entire process takes WAY too long. It's usually an hour and a half from the time they go to the sink, stand there drinking the water, then rater than wash the glass at the sink they are standing at they usually walk into the living room and set it on the coffee table. They then stand there for up to a half an hour and finally decide to pick it back up and wash it. It's infuriating! lol

Sheesh, I hate the whole water drinking thing because sims don't even need it. They leap at the sink for water whenever they can and like you said leave glasses everywhere. It doesn't even provide anything good either and nor does it prevent them from wanting more water.

Drinking water just makes them pee and on top of that if your sim is a foodie it just makes them uncomfortable all the time, its like having to stop a toddler from hitting themself in the head every minute.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Vampris wrote: »

Sheesh, I hate the whole water drinking thing because sims don't even need it. They leap at the sink for water whenever they can and like you said leave glasses everywhere. It doesn't even provide anything good either and nor does it prevent them from wanting more water.

Drinking water just makes them pee and on top of that if your sim is a foodie it just makes them uncomfortable all the time, its like having to stop a toddler from hitting themself in the head every minute.

That's a good point and is why I don't use the foodie trait. They seriously need to fix that. I mean, it's just water. Either that or they should add bottled water to the game for foodies.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Or in my case I'd be happy if they re-used the glass, or even left no glass behind at all :)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member

It's even more annoying now with the bug that prevents them to take the dirty glasses/dishes to the sink or washer, so you have to find and delete them in buy mode. One more good reason to turn the free will off. xD