Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have y'all seen this?!?!? (Leak to Discover University)

KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
https://youtu.be/Sw8jiBI9Ii4

bcdteyod8ft31.jpg - Game Description
Post edited by KaeChan2089 on

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited October 2019
    Well it’s not on Microsoft’s website.

Edit: there are more screenshots on Reddit, so who knows anymore.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I won't believe it until Maxis confirms it. I'm SICK of the threads with people yelling "UNIVERSITY CONFIRMED NOVEMBER 15TH!" and today, in the Guru Garage, the chat was constantly "where's university?" and "unnnniiiiverssssitttiiieee" and I would have left if it weren't for the Spooky Stuff codes, which was a waste of time because I did not win. And I WANT University too.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

EA might have made them take it down.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Why are they sticking with that name?

Its dumb.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member

Its dumb.

I would have that then Get University or Get Educated or something like that
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Its dumb.

But Get University don't sound..right?

Its dumb.

They're all bad. Recycling university or university life would just make more sense.

I will say if that's the cover art for the EP, than I'm kinda scared that this pack might be lackluster 😬

Usually the sims in the cover art show off some of the features in the game. In this one, one girl is holding books and the other two are just there. Something cool like mascots or cheerleaders, professors, toga parties, anything else than just two plain Jane sims in the background would have been better and more enticing.
    LR3g0ni.jpg

Its dumb.

They're all bad. Recycling university or university life would just make more sense.

I will say if that's the cover art for the EP, than I'm kinda scared that this pack might be lackluster 😬

Usually the sims in the cover art show off some of the features in the game. In this one, one girl is holding books and the other two are just there. Something cool like mascots or cheerleaders, professors, toga parties, anything else than just two plain Jane sims in the background would have been better and more enticing.

Well...with the recent packs, I am not going to expect much...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    It's being reported on Twitter that other people are seeing this on the Xbox Store too.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    In my opinion....maybe this is all part of EA’s marketing plan. In reality THEY leaked it to form a buzz 😅
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

EA might have made them take it down.

indeed. even if they are leaks, they're prelaunch leaks and in effect a form of datamining which i know EA takes a dim view of.

Its dumb.

It is that kind of speculation which can create a situation where users will start attacking each others point of view being that it is speculative or attacking EA for the same thing. At this point i'm of the same opinion as this:
    I won't believe it until Maxis confirms it.

Because we need that confirmation and when some details are released, then there is something good to debate going forward.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member

Its dumb.

Eh. I have seen amazing art for games and the games have been dumpster fires. Also, the cover art could be a placeholder, you never know. Placeholders can last right up until two hours before release.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    this looks legit Iron Seagull just did a video of it showing it on the x-Box one store I know these things can be faked but if it was put up by accdent it menas it's close could we be gettin ananocement on Tuesday lets hope so
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    *settles into seat* I could get into this. Looking forward to an announcement!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Better not be some shallow gameplay with this, it's time for depth. School's no joke!
    You're Breathtaking!
    If the description is legit, some of the features we are getting are:
    - two universities
    - 3 new careers that will most likely be exclusive by graduating. Engineering, law, and education. Not sure if they will be interactive.
    - dorm rooms with roommates
    - bicycles
    - mascots
    - school events like a school spirit rally
    - an array of classes, even including a villainy class. Term papers and presentations.
    - juice pong (beer pong)
    - pranks between the rival schools
    - it says juggling a soccer ball but idk if that means we are getting the whole soccer sport/activity. I hope so.
    - school organizations/clubs like drama, art, and robotics. Seriously hope these are interactive and not rabbitholes and we can build robots and a robot lifestate
    - also secret society returns
    - mini fridges
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • AlexSimmermanAlexSimmerman Posts: 80 Member
    I think it’s true, so many links from different sources with the same release date & title!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    They pretty much are legit. Some found it them on the store in Xbox, and got removed. Next week they’ll probably give a teaser and trailer
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    In my opinion....maybe this is all part of EA’s marketing plan. In reality THEY leaked it to form a buzz 😅

I said this in another thread. I'm starting to believe it's their strategy and it seems to work everytime. ;)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I do hope it is true, a lot of interesting things listed there, exploring with bikes, robotics, secret societies and they are mentioning time management so hopefully it will not be easy to get good grades as well.
    edited October 2019
    I just hope this isn't empty and lack lusting like the rest of the installments..and not be after an hour or two be boring.

But I am not getting my hopes up.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Honestly reading the description doesn't sound like they added anything that we didn't have in the previous sims games with university. I was hope for more, but again the last few expansions and game packs have been disappointing.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    verlainem wrote: »
    Honestly reading the description doesn't sound like they added anything that we didn't have in the previous sims games with university. I was hope for more, but again the last few expansions and game packs have been disappointing.

IMHO They should just stop with this shell of a game....they aren't gonna learn.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Ah more leaks. Not the first time leaks have happened nor will it be the last. If description is true, looks like university is going back to its Sims 2 roots which isn't a bad thing and looks like it is bringing some active things like biking and soccer which will be nice additions for all ages. But yes pack release date is rumored still to be a month away so in the meantime wouldn't hurt to prepare financially for it and make sure that your computer can run it too. If it is anything like previous uni packs, it will be more taxing on computers like how Seasons and Cats and Dogs themes were. So prepare for it. Sims 4 is in 64 bit now too with the recent update so should run smoother for those with 64 bit computers. Always was an issue with Sims 3 remaining 32 bit except for recently with the Mac update.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    verlainem wrote: »

Robotics and Villainy sound new. I don’t remember having law or engineering careers either.