Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well that was creepy

So my new family got all settled in their house and while my athlete was off joining the sports career, my soon-to-be stay at home mom called for a maid. Harold Lansing the maid showed up shortly thereafter. Once my athlete got home, he set about the business of working on their relationship. They went from friends, to being engaged, trying for a baby to married by the end of the day.

Here is the creepy part: Harold hung out in the spare bedroom for all of that. His little thought bubble kind of mirrored what was going on: kiss, hearts, engagement. It's like he was listening in. He wasn't doing any cleaning at this point. Just kind of stalking. At 8:30pm, he is still there and even put the just made food away before my Sim could grab a plate.

Yuck.

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Did you try having your sim dismiss the maid?
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    Oh yeah, Harold Lansing. My selfsim fired him years ago after he got a bit too creepy. He could stand too close to my sim-daughter Annica, and things like that.

Here he is, just before I fired him.

AwvbEAY.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm not sure I read the OP correctly the first couple of times.

Maid shows up.
    Athlete comes home and works on "their" relationship (one assumes by reading a little too quickly that this means with the maid).
    They are married and making babies before the maid's shift is over. Sounds pretty efficient to me.

Then the story went in an entirely different direction and landed on "yuck" and "creepy." Wait, what happened here? :o:p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Oh sorry @igazor! :D You are correct that I wasn't very clear. My Athlete Sim came home to his soon-to-be-wife lady friend (I had just created and moved them into the house individually so they weren't even friends yet). Harold was nothing but the maid. He wasn't creepy on day two but I wonder if he was designed to be creepy since @Cororon had a similar experience. I will definitely fire him if he keeps being creepy. There is a baby on the way now and we don't need riff raff hanging around the family.
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm not sure I read the OP correctly the first couple of times.

Maid shows up.
    Athlete comes home and works on "their" relationship (one assumes by reading a little too quickly that this means with the maid).
    They are married and making babies before the maid's shift is over. Sounds pretty efficient to me.

Then the story went in an entirely different direction and landed on "yuck" and "creepy." Wait, what happened here? :o:p

It's the feeling you get when something isn't quite right. He is a bit too much interested in the people he works for instead of only doing his work. In the OP's case he seemed to spy on the couple's love life, and in my case he was drawn to my teen daughter. It happened more than once, so I fired him.

I don't hate Mr. Lansing, and he brought realism to the game. There are people like that in real life that just makes you uncomfortable. And it's "just a game", so it's not too bad. There should be some challenges or it wouldn't be fun at all. :smile:

cUrfGkA.gif
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    Oh sorry @igazor! :D You are correct that I wasn't very clear. My Athlete Sim came home to his soon-to-be-wife lady friend (I had just created and moved them into the house individually so they weren't even friends yet). Harold was nothing but the maid. He wasn't creepy on day two but I wonder if he was designed to be creepy since @Cororon had a similar experience. I will definitely fire him if he keeps being creepy. There is a baby on the way now and we don't need riff raff hanging around the family.

You know, in Sims 2 there were these cow mascot that flirted with students to cause trouble. Maybe Mr. Lansing got his traits to either cause trouble or to quickly become a potential love interest of his employer?

Anyway, take screenshots if he does anything creepy again! :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
    edited October 2019
    Upon conducting extensive research...okay, I looked this up on the sims' wiki, I see that Harold and his female counterpart Jane Dotner seem to have much in common and being favorite household servants beloved by their employers doesn't sound like it's among their particular strong suits. Perhaps they should get to know each other and do something else with their lives, other than annoying those meant to be paying for their services.

If they really want to provide services to and annoy paying customers, they might be better off running a Resort on the edge of town or something. Could end up being a latter day version of Fawlty Towers if one wants to play through this. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    If they really want to provide services to and annoy paying customers, they might be better off running a Resort on the edge of town or something. Could end up being a latter day version of Fawlty Towers if one wants to play through this. :)

That would have been fun. :smiley: Oh, did you know that John Cleese's family surname used to be Cheese? And cheese is what maids... sometimes have to... uhm... clean up crumbs.... from. Or something. Oh yes! Harold Lansing is drawn to ladies like mice are drawn to cheese! :smiley:
    cUrfGkA.gif
    He looks like quite a catch too, if one is into that sort of thing. Okay, maybe more of a blank slate that could be become quite a catch with a makeover and some time spent on the treadmill. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    He looks like quite a catch too, if one is into that sort of thing. Okay, maybe more of a blank slate that could be become quite a catch with a makeover and some time spent on the treadmill. :)

He looks like he has fallen on one, face first. :D
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    He looks like quite a catch too, if one is into that sort of thing.
    Yeah, about that...
    edited October 2019
    Okay, you guys may not realize it but a challenge has been issued. This is NOT my area of expertise, I do NOT excel at makeovers. However, I still see most sims, there will be exceptions, as blank slates brimming with potential before we get our little hands, keyboards, mice, and content on them.

I will shamelessly use CC and accessories, but not skins. Evidence has it that this sim could benefit from some basic lifestyle changes, but I will not be morphing his sliders around to create or sculpt a totally different sim as that is not the point. His basic genetic features will remain intact. Let's review what we have to work with here. Mr. Lansing has been added to my active household.
    nl7o198ab461xsr4g.jpg

He has thus lost his position as an NPC maid and seems to be a bit depressed about that. He can't sleep at night so his eyes have become red and puffy, he hasn't bothered to do laundry or take care of himself since then, and I think he found the sizzle baby pro fryer in the kitchen before he found that treadmill.
    8o8zh6oglq1z1844g.jpg

(sighs) Right. I think I hate each and every one of you now. :/
    oin4v1lplgtta0e4g.jpg

That was just me goofing around. Harold does have some distinct features or at least in my game he was spawned that way, but he was remarkably easy to work with in CAS, again without really altering that which would be genetic other than weight and fitness. He really just needed a new sense of style about him.
    p7w3b8vd7gwy8dw4g.jpg

I have some sims who are ready to date him now, or at least get to know him a bit better. I think the creep factor might be gone once he became a proper town resident, but will report back if anyone finds this to not be the case. :)
    zu4l2ryyc49ybfb4g.jpg
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Ohh, that's an interesting challenge! :D He looks fab now, and I guess he has a blank slate and could swing either way, so it would be cool if he could roam free in a bar for a while. ;)

In the end it might turn out that he wants to marry his car.
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Cororon wrote: »
    In the end it might turn out that he wants to marry his car.
    Funny you should mention that. I gave him his own household temporarily so I could save him (alone) to the household bin for use elsewhere and didn't notice until after placement that there was a Sloppy Jalopy in the garage. I think Harold can set his standards a bit higher than that now. :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, he needs something cooler than a:

b3fRKtL.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Poor Harold Lansing... I don't think he's that ugly or repugnant in his original form though. He looks just like any normal, ordinary, average guy you could meet anywhere any day. And besides, so far he hasn't done anything creepy or inappropriate that I've noticed. He just does the household chores, get paid for it and then leave.

0DGRn17.jpg

ZOyyMin.jpg
    Mr. Lansing has been added to my active household.

He sure has, and got a BIG welcome hug too! :smiley: And he will remain exactly the way he is, clothes, hairstyle, traits, glasses and everything else! :)

Ya01PpE.jpg

GT3c1cX.jpg
    @SuzyCue72 That's great! Maybe he's not designed to be creepy, and it just depends on the random situations in the game what will happen, and how the players react. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Cororon wrote: »
    @SuzyCue72 That's great! Maybe he's not designed to be creepy, and it just depends on the random situations in the game what will happen, and how the players react. :smile:

Yes, I think you're right, it's unpredictable, and that's what makes TS3 so fun to play. :) Even if the sims are the same age and gender, and have the same traits, they often behave differently anyway, sometimes more and sometimes less.

I'm going to let him stay as the maid in the big sloppy family I'm playing in Riverview at the moment. I'll keep an eye on him though... who knows what happens in the future...
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @SuzyCue72
    I really like that house! Did you build it? Is it available to download?

@GraceyManor - If you mean the one with horse theme, yes, I've built it myself, but it's not exactly a normal house, it's a horse training center on a 64x64 lot in Riverview. It only has a small living area in one of the corners with one bedroom, one bathroom and a kitchen. The rest is a stables building with room for 5 horses, a hay loft and a large fenced in area where the horses are trained for racing and jumping.

No, I haven't uploaded it to the Exchange, I've never done that with anything, and never downloaded from there either.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »

@GraceyManor - If you mean the one with horse theme, yes, I've built it myself, but it's not exactly a normal house, it's a horse training center on a 64x64 lot in Riverview. It only has a small living area in one of the corners with one bedroom, one bathroom and a kitchen. The rest is a stables building with room for 5 horses, a hay loft and a large fenced in area where the horses are trained for racing and jumping.

No, I haven't uploaded it to the Exchange, I've never done that with anything, and never downloaded from there either.

Yes that one, you're really good at interior decorating!

Yes that one, you're really good at interior decorating!

@GraceyManor - Thanks, I try to do my best. :)

I have all the EPs and SPs and everything from the Store, so I have a lot of things to choose from, sooo many that I almost get lost among them sometimes. :o;)
  • carvernosamcarvernosam Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2023
    DELETED
    Post edited by carvernosam on