Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grand Theft Auto -San Andreas Sims 3 Version [PROJECT STARTED] W.I.P

Grand Theft Auto -San Andreas Sims 3 Version

I wanted for a Long time to have gta sa In sims 3 but since I cannot find anything I have taken it on myself to build the world! If anyone wants to help just post a link of what you made below you will be credited in the lot description and in this thread!Here is what I have so far!

lhall2.png

lhall.png

Comments

• Options
    AnilMAnilM Posts: 92
    edited May 2012
    Updates 04/05/2012

wip3.png

wip3-1.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    nativeofnynativeofny Posts: 66 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Wow, talk about nostalgia! I cannot wait to see the outcome of this!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    nativeofny wrote:
    Wow, talk about nostalgia! I cannot wait to see the outcome of this!

• Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2012
    I loved GTA San Andreas, good luck :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I loved GTA San Andreas, good luck :D

Thank you but its going to be awhile :P
  • Options
    ageorgiagirlageorgiagirl Posts: 84
    edited May 2012
    Kudos to you! Should take a while and be a challenge but I'm excited to see how it turns out!

I've always wanted to make a world, preferably something Red Dead Redemption-y, but macs can be quite limiting... I'm honestly considering buying a cheap acer laptop just so I can CAW. Lucky b*st*rds!
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2012
    Looks great. :thumbup:
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2012
    :-o Looks Amazing! :thumbup:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    lbvamplbvamp Posts: 28 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I love this game alot! looks like you got a big project ahead! I can't wait to see more updates from you
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Taking a little break this week check again next week for updates!
  • Options
    ScottSkye9500ScottSkye9500 Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    Awesome San Andreas was one of my all time favourite games! I hope it turns out really well. By the way, where are you upto with it? It's been a long time since any updates. Whatever you do, DON'T GIVE UP! I can see this being incredibly popular. Good luck :D
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited April 2013
    I absolutely love GTA:SA! I have it installed on here and played if a few hours ago, actually! Can't wait to try this out!
  • Options
    DeuceyBabyDeuceyBaby Posts: 289 Member
    edited April 2013
    edit, didnt see this thread was old and bumped from the grave, i hope he didnt give up on it.
    I've got a double plumicide on 1st and Main. Witnessnes said the sus screamed you mother plumber (at the plumber and her son) and hit both vics with a round of ripe purple plums (plucked from the bountiful barrels of a 9mm shotplum).
  • Options
    PlastiqBoiPlastiqBoi Posts: 4 New Member
    Apologies for necro.

I'm wondering if the guy has worked on this project at all since... 7 years ago!? Christ, it's been that long...

Anyway, I've loved San Andreas for many years and I've looked all around for a SA map, even if it's just one of the islands, and the best result is this.
    But... obviously it seems like this map is permamently in purgatory seeing as the OP said that we should "check again next week for updates!"

Either he lives in a dimension where a week is 7 years (and counting) or life has grabbed him by the shoulders and given him no spare time to focus on his map, in which after such a long time, one can forget they ever even started it in the first place.

I have a proposition: I've used the Create A World tool a fair bit and I know my way around it. I'm also craving for a San Andreas map and for something to dig my teeth into in my spare time that isn't wasting watching garbage on the TV. I understand the time this will take.

I am, however, new to the forums and I don't think there's a private message option? (If there is, please tell me). I'd love to get in contact with OP and see if by the slimmest, most galactically minute chance he still has his San Andreas map sitting on his his hard drive, I could take it and work on it further.

I have already contacted Fresh Prince to ask him about his process of creating a huge world from a video game. I would be happy to spend a lot of time working on a map and I believe I have the dedication to keep it going forward, despite my heavy work routine. If I started to build a world, I would aim for weekly updates, no matter how tiny or incramental they are, just to show that I am working on the map to some degree.

If nobody is interested in a San Andreas map anymore at this point, then I would continue this project as my own hobby and be happy with that.
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited September 2019
    Here is a map - https://www.giantbomb.com/san-andreas/3035-17/
    I mean, if you want to make this yourself...looks like an overwhelming project. (Probably why it died)
    (I'm sure this will be closed because of necro, as always, when someone brings up an old topic, unfortunately)

I think alot of gta fans use Angel City by COASTERBOI
    http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3/worlds/large/angel-city/
  • Options
    NormanZsNormanZs Posts: 4 New Member
    It is a really hard thing to do because there are many details and I am new in world creating.
    A month ago I discovered CAW and started San Andreas by downloading a height map.
    All I have is the whole land with some textures (in some places looks great and in some places makes me cry) , some roads(not quite like San andreas has) and some bridges. Some of the textures that I used are downloaded from MTS.
    I really get angry with the roads because they look too steep and whenever I try to fix them I end up screwing up the other part of the road.
    I was really excited about making San andreas, right now I closed CAW and started searching for some CC (some new bridges, highway building tips and textures) but nothing. San andreas has some curved highways and tunnels that CAW doesn't have and I really don't know how to make it look as accurate as possible.
    I prefer downloading things rather than making them by myself because it would take me forever to finish the map. It's been a month since I started working on San Andreas and all I have is a map of roads with cheap textured intersections...
  • Options
    Well, don't fret, worlds can take years to finish, depending on how much time you have on your hands. I've never been successful at creating my own world, I gave up before I was barely started.

There is tons of help and info here - http://modthesims.info/t/forumdisplay.php?f=616
    And if you do a google search for "sims 3 caw enable objects" you will find many objects available to use with the Caw tool. You can find instructions on how to install so they show up both in caw and in game.

Roads are tricky at first, but once you get the hang of how they work they are actually kind of fun. I found that if you place the intersections where they are needed/required first helps alot. Then place small sections of road inbetween - then drag them into place. You can even bend/shape those small pieces of road easier if it's not all one long connected road. Always use the grid when doing your roads - sims love good roads. Here is another great website for help with caw...
    http://krrank.blogspot.com/

Good Luck!
  • Options
    > @KatyFernlily said:
    > Here is a map - https://www.giantbomb.com/san-andreas/3035-17/
    > I mean, if you want to make this yourself...looks like an overwhelming project. (Probably why it died)
    > (I'm sure this will be closed because of necro, as always, when someone brings up an old topic, unfortunately)
    >
    > I think alot of gta fans use Angel City by COASTERBOI
    > http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3/worlds/large/angel-city/

It is an overwhelming project, and you're right. But I would like something to do in my spare time.
    COASTERBOI's latest map requres the 1.69 update, and since that breaks a bunch of mods and requires Origin, I don't want to install it. Shame, because his map would've suited my playstyle perfectly whilst his older version of the map isn't as nice.

> @NormanZs said:
    > I really get angry with the roads because they look too steep and whenever I try to fix them I end up screwing up the other part of the road.
    > I was really excited about making San andreas, right now I closed CAW and started searching for some CC (some new bridges, highway building tips and textures) but nothing. San andreas has some curved highways and tunnels that CAW doesn't have and I really don't know how to make it look as accurate as possible.
    > I prefer downloading things rather than making them by myself because it would take me forever to finish the map. It's been a month since I started working on San Andreas and all I have is a map of roads with cheap textured intersections...

I found out the hard way I couldn't reproduce tunnels or long highways in CAW - it definately is basic and has major limitations.

However, I have shifted focus from creating the entire San Andreas map, to just recreating the first island (Minus the highways.) We simply can't have an accurate San Andreas map mainly due to not having bridges. I tried many experiments to use the pre-existing bridges in CAW and connecting roads in all manners and ways, and I simply can't make long highways.

For one, the bridge is a set lenght and I can't extend it. Additionally, making multiple bridges in a vague curve for the highway and connecting them with roads *could* work, but CAW calculates roads on a completely 2D plane, as if you were looking straight down at the map making any road that goes under a bridge actually work as a sort of intersection, where the car will drive on the road normally before the bridge, get to the bridge and jump to the height of the bridge's road, drive over it, then plonk down to ground level and carry on, creating very bizzare and immersion breaking scenarios with floating cars going under bridges.

I can deal with these effects in small doses (such as the bridge near CJ's starting house), but anything more will be completely annoying.

Another way of dealing with the huge map recreation is to create the map in chunks, so create first island, then second, then third etc. as seperate maps playable to a user. Now this obviously comes with the effect that in the end, you're left with multiple maps you cannot combine, but would help out the map size issue as I am pretty sure the San Andreas map is bigger than the biggest map you can create in CAW.

IT may seem like an unachievable project, but I'm sure with time and patience something half-way decent will emerge. My personal focus would be on a chunk of the starting island, re-adjusting the landscape to accomadate the lack of bridges and highways either by running the road completely flatly on the ground, or emerging the ground up and recreating the highway using the height.
  • Options
    You don't need 1.69 to play Angel City. It does require all expansions tho. It was finished a year before patch 1.69 was introduced. At least to my knowledge, limited as it is ; )

I am patched to 1.69 and have no broken mods as I've updated them to the ones compatible for said patch.
  • Options
    > @KatyFernlily said:
    > You don't need 1.69 to play Angel City. It does require all expansions tho. It was finished a year before patch 1.69 was introduced. At least to my knowledge, limited as it is ; )
    >
    > I am patched to 1.69 and have no broken mods as I've updated them to the ones compatible for said patch.

That's very strange. Every time I try to install Angel City, it tells me to update my launcher version. Any other map is no problem. I have all expansions, so no idea what could be causing the issue.
  • Options
    You could try this - not sure how it will look tho....
    https://illyiannasblog.wordpress.com/2014/06/16/angel-city-by-coasterboi/
  • Options
    > @KatyFernlily
    Cool, that worked. Fantastic!
  • Options
    Wonderful!
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    AnilM wrote: »

Grand Theft Auto -San Andreas Sims 3 Version

I wanted for a Long time to have gta sa In sims 3 but since I cannot find anything I have taken it on myself to build the world! If anyone wants to help just post a link of what you made below you will be credited in the lot description and in this thread!Here is what I have so far!

lhall2.png

lhall.png

Not a big Grand Theft Auto fan, but from what I can see, the map looks pretty similar so far to what it was in the game. Given the fact that you just go started, you seem to be doing a great job so far.

I hope you can at least managed to hide the ocean on the parts of the map that you are not supposed to see it to create the illusion that you're on the edge of the North American land mass and not some city wide Island. Fully hiding the water on the edges of the world in map view can be very challenging, if you don't use distant terrain, especially if you have to fit a lot of different things on the map. That's one of reasons why I wish EA had added another map size at least 50% larger than anything we have in the game. Than again, that might crash too many computers, especially when the Sims 3 was first released, so maybe that's why EA didn't include that.
  • Options
    NormanZsNormanZs Posts: 4 New Member
    I found a height map on some site and downloaded it then I loaded it into CAW. It wasn't a perfect one but i made it into a 96% accurate map.
    I am still working on my version of San Andreas. I wanted to post some photos yesterday but I can't acces my account from PC only from Android.
    I managed to create the roads from Los Santos, Red county, Wetstone, San Fierro, Tierra Robada. I don't know how long it will take me to finish it but i'm not gonna let this behind!
    Of course I made the roads a bit different because of CAW. There are many highway intersections in San Andreas that CAW doesn't have so I had to work with what I have. I am using Custom content too to make things fit in nicely.
    Hope I will have more time to work on this map because I have to work everyday, and I will make time to post some images about the project state.