March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• MadisonLTMadisonLT Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, Iv have been playing sims 4 for a while but for some reason, roofs started acting up and now I can't delete hovering ceilings above decks or even select them like they don't exist.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    MadisonLT wrote: »
    Hi, Iv have been playing sims 4 for a while but for some reason, roofs started acting up and now I can't delete hovering ceilings above decks or even select them like they don't exist.

Have you tried selecting the decking (on the same floor it is built), paging up a level and click on the yellow line to remove ceiling?
  • MadisonLTMadisonLT Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks sawdust Illl try it out :)
  • Zagatta7Zagatta7 Posts: 229 Member
    Just a small request/update. If real red, not terracotta, could be add as part of the colors for the roofs..plz! <3:)<3o:)
  • LunalaWolfLunalaWolf Posts: 8 New Member
    [quote="Zagatta7;c-17170538"]Just a small request/update. If real red, not terracotta, could be add as part of the colors for the roofs..plz! <3 :) <3 o:)[/quote]

Second! I came here from the other thread where someone else suggested blue, and I agree.
    I also suggest at least the ability to put special faux windows on gables. (sorry if I missed this already being posted!)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Aren't Mansard roofs possible? Like this:

2MMpPUg.png

I wish though that there were diagonal corner "pieces" that we could stretch, and correctly fit and match these roofs instead of awkwardly intersect them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Two Words: Color Wheel. For the love of all that is unholy. Color Wheel. Okay...12 words.....
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @Sigzy05 especially if you want s different depth of base, those corners are extra tricky
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    How about a few color swatches on the This is Romance! Floor Petals. Orange with a hint of yellow would look amazing for Day of the Dead/Halloween. White, soft pink, lavender, etc. for wedding venues.
    Might not be something viable. I'm sure it's not at the top of any list, but as a minor annoyance, in the debug items, there are planks. One is a 2x4 and one is a 4x4. It would be cool to use the 2x4 as a room divider, when there are two different floor coverings. We don't seem to have many options for a sill plate, or such, for that purpose. Nothing that's not ridiculous colors anyway. As it stands, Sims cannot 'step' over a 2x4. Climbing 8-8.5" stair treds is fine, but stepping past a 1.75" piece of wood is, apparently, impossible. Surely no one can step over a 2x4. :P

Anywho.....wish list item.
  • bubbajoe621bubbajoe621 Posts: 86 Member
    @Taoron Love how you always know the exact sizes of things.

LOL I've built stuff. lol
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Quote-posting this here at someone's suggestion:
    revgrv wrote: »
    Guys help pls. I don't usually build but I thought I'd give it a whirl with this loft/greenhouse deal I saw on Lilsimsie's channel but something is happening that is driving me ABSOLUTELY. INSANE. The greenhouse part is a gabled roof with a glass texture on the side of the house, a link if you're curious

Behold:

FQd1VkX.png

Without half walls or fencing you can see through the windows as god intended. But as soon as I include half walls so as to deliver on the loft part it does this:

OVOZemz.png

Anyone know what's going on or how to fix it? Looking at the two next to each other the half walls seem to changing something with the wall it connects to but I dunno.

&PHgr;
  • SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2019
    Quote-posting this here at someone's suggestion:
    Guys help pls. I don't usually build but I thought I'd give it a whirl with this loft/greenhouse deal I saw on Lilsimsie's channel but something is happening that is driving me ABSOLUTELY. INSANE. The greenhouse part is a gabled roof with a glass texture on the side of the house, a link if you're curious

Behold:

FQd1VkX.png

Without half walls or fencing you can see through the windows as god intended. But as soon as I include half walls so as to deliver on the loft part it does this:

OVOZemz.png

Anyone know what's going on or how to fix it? Looking at the two next to each other the half walls seem to changing something with the wall it connects to but I dunno.

I've had this happen before. I don't know why but sometimes if you're building with MOO because there isn't supposed to be a wall intersection at a window. Other times I don't know why. But if you click each window it sort of "resets" it into the wall and all is normal and your wall remains like you wanted it.
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
    Thanks for the advice but it still does it. I feel like the roof is doing something weird with room recognition maybe?

9UXTJF8.png

B5c1vIy.png

It's particular to the second level too, I can add a fence and delete the floor on the ground floor and it still does it:

WNgguUN.png
    &PHgr;
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    Sometimes when your roof is too high against the wall it will replace the interior wall with the roof wall. The only way I have found to fix it is to lower the roof untill the interior wall shows up again. If you hold alt while lowering the roof you can lower it freely instead of by increments. Sometimes all it takes is just a smidge :)
    edited September 2019
    Hey that did something! Thanks so much!

I now have the half-walls I wanted and two and a half of the windows work properly:

4QwMzeK.png

4qC4ncV.png

At this stage I can lower the roof enough to make the problem go away but it'd make the green house unusable/unaesthetic (basically synonyms :| ), ie:

QMsiHPt.png

If I delete the roof and start it over it replicates the problem from the beginning so I'm pretty sure this roof is antipathetic towards me as a person. I don't know if this matters but the gabled roof 'sucks' some of the windows from the lower floor when I move it away (but only some), probably because it replaces the wall right? But it never covers over those walls so I don't know why it's doing it with this section in particular. Also, another thing I don't know whether it matters is that the floor above this has a short half wall as a kind of roof type thing, nothing changes if I delete it but maybe worth mentioning.

If anyone can think of a workaround I could try I'd mightily appreciate it.

EDIT:

I'm attempting to trick the malevolent roof entity but it's outmaneuvering me:

3aneqjS.png

The idea being to recreate the setup section where it went wack in the extraneous room and then deleting it right but look what happens when I add a half wall:

DWDNk4i.png

I feel like this miiiight be solvable maybe like one of those puzzles in game with the circles of different sizes on different poles and you have to get them in the correct sequence but it might also all reset when I delete the room/resize the roof.

EDIT II:

I don't remember what I was initially planning but I have sufficiently confused myself:

hrTmSHi.png
    &PHgr;
    edited September 2019
    lol. yeah half walls can be a pain to work with sometimes, those and spandrels! When it touches a exterior wall and you have removed the floor it will make any roof pieces that were previously hidden by a enclosed room pop into the room, which is what is happening with your roof wall hiding the windows. And the thing is it only happens some of the time O.o I am dealing with a similar issue atm in a attic space.
    If you want to share it to the gallery I can try and fiddle with it to see if I can get it to work for you. I do like figuring out work arounds for these types of things :)
    Thanks but I fixed it and by fixed it I mean gave up and tried something else:

LEDeokP.png

z4uMNUi.png

Part of me is proud of myself because I haven't built anything but boxes before part of me hates it and wants to burn it down. Part of me also wants to know whether the statue is too much and another part is saying asking whether the addition of a statue makes a tropical greenhouse skygarden too much is approaching dangerous levels of redundancy.
    &PHgr;
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Ok here are a few things I'd like :

• Proper attics/usable space under the roof.
    • Way more swatches for everything.
    • More see-through curtains.
    • More kitchen counters and cabinets.
    • Wall ovens and cooktops.
    • More high fireplaces.
    • Desks with more shelving/drawers.
    • More clutter.
    • "Regular" pianos.
    • Square dining tables.
    @revgrv lol, you should be proud! I love the way it looks now. Don't bulldoze it, keep it and learn from it. You should see some of the builds in my gallery (horrible lol) And personally I like the statue, but its not about what I like its about what YOU like :)
  • bubbajoe621bubbajoe621 Posts: 86 Member
    @revgrv Thanks for taking the time to take good pics and lay out your problem in a way that's easy to follow. I learned a lot from your "tutorial"!
    edited October 2019
    It would be nice to have stoves and counters without backsplash. Or to have it as an option at least. Also if we had stoves without backsplash they would look better when we include them in a kitchen Island.

Post edited by Dianesims on
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It would be nice to have stoves and counters without backsplash. Or to have it as an option at least. Also if we had stoves without backsplash they would look better when we include them in a kitchen Island.

And ovens that could be raised and used as part of a wall unit.
    Yes I’d love that and cooktops but then I guess they’d have to change all the cooking animations.
    Taoron wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

And ovens that could be raised and used as part of a wall unit.