Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

help with roofs

I've built a house which has some flat areas instead of a roof which is fine as i tiled over them and the auto roof just covered the rest which is what i wanted. However i built a garage separate from the house and tiled over the top but it still places an auto roof and i can't understand why it's let me have flat tiled areas on the main house but it adds the roof to the garage despite there being tiles placed. can anyone help please?

Comments

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

I never use auto roof so this might not work - use auto roof, then remove the roof sections you don't want and then place your tiles over those areas. Otherwise I would suggest not to use auto roof at all.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Simply turn auto roof off now that the roofs are in place and click the roof over the garage with the sledge hammer to remove it. With auto roof turned off, it won't replace the removed roof/
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Simply turn auto roof off now that the roofs are in place and click the roof over the garage with the sledge hammer to remove it. With auto roof turned off, it won't replace the removed roof/

Exactly. I was driving back to the old house along the toll road when I realized I hadn't mentioned to turn auto roof off first before removing the unwanted roof.
  • Ili82Ili82 Posts: 28 Member
    Thank you so much. I did that and it's working perfectly now. I was driving myself crazy lol