Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving a baby from 1 bassinet to another?

SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
Is it possible? I recently had a set of surprise twins and wanted to use the new spellcaster bassinets for both but can't figure out how to actually get the baby into the bassinet. I can't delete the 1 I don't want, nor instruct the mother sim to put the baby into 1 bassinet or the other. She just keeps putting the baby into the 1 it was born into...
Ugh object babies.
Has anyone used the spellcaster bassinets yet?
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    The bassinet came automatically for me, but my sim also had her twins at the hospital.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    You have to give birth to the bassinet in order for it to work. The other one should go to the other available bassinet.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Can you put one into your household inventory while the mother has picked up the baby? Like have the mum pick up the baby to feed it and then quickly go into build mode and swap the bassinets? Put the new one right where she was standing? No clue if that'll work or not as I haven't tried it LOL but it might be worth a shot
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This is why I use a mod to see how many babies my sim will have- I always have enough bassinets.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2019
    You have to give birth to the bassinet in order for it to work. The other one should go to the other available bassinet.

I'm sorry but I just have to go there...

Seems to me that it would be awfully painful to give birth to a bassinet. 😂

Also I usually just buy 3 bassinets on the off-chance of triplets. Whichever bassinet (s) remain/s empty go/es into my home inventory. Easy enough.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    What I did was put in the move objects cheat, put the bassinet you want in the same space as the other one, then just pick up the one you don't want and delete. This can be don even if the baby is in it. I did it with triplets with no problem. Make sure you save your game first, just in case.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    If you don't own a bassinet, they will spawn immediately for the expectant mother on the spot, so if you have triplets, the bassinets will spawn one at a time in close proximity of the mother as soon as she is clear to push the next one out. however you might have to move those bassinets with the baby in each afterwards.

if you already have bassinets, you don't need to give any instruction, the expectant mother will wonder over to the bassinets and give birth in each autonomously, even if she has to climb several sets of stairs and her "in labor" is at 0 minutes, she won't give birth until she has reached the bassinets.

irrespective of planning, the game will gift a safety net all the same.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Try moving out, putting a second bassinet and moving back in ?
  • SopHerSopHer Posts: 1 New Member
    > @happyopi said:
    > Try moving out, putting a second bassinet and moving back in ?

That worked for me! Evicted the family, went into the lot in build mode (the family had then taken with them the old bassinets when they moved out) placed two new spellcaster bassinets in the house and moved the family back in. The twins were then automatically placed in the two new spellcaster bassinets I had placed :smile:
  • Eddie SimsEddie Sims Posts: 121 Member
    I had this same problem. You don't have to move out the whole household, just the baby. Move the baby into another household, then go back to the original household and replace the bassinet with the one you want and then move the baby back in.
    The Sloane Legacy |Eddie's Sims World | Origin ID: EddieSims4 | Twitter: _EddieSims | Follow me on YouTube

gen1-7-resized-2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top