Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas of things to do??

Hey ☺️ I don't come on the forums often lol but I wanted some help. I always start a game and try and do generation sims e.g. playing a family through and then moving to play their offspring and so on etc... but lately I've gotten bored with it and I need ideas of things to do in game?? If anyone has any or could link me to a thread that does I'd be grateful bc I don't want to quit the game again for months haha. anyways, thanks in advance 👍

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2019
    What I am doing, and have been doing for nearly the last couple of years is this. First I turned off aging, and in Options Menu made it to where sims don't freely move into the empty homes. I'll explain why I turned off aging a little bit later.

For the past couple of years, I have been going through all the different lots, and adding to them, or replacing them altogether. Some I do myself, and others I get from the gallery. I have been adding to the homes and community lots of things that were not included when that house or lot was originally released. For example, I've added thermostats from Season, laundry, and so on. Not all but I've added pets to several of the families and turned certain Sims, like Bella Goth, into celebrities.

I will play through, send sims to lots, and decide what I would like to add or need at that lot. Many of my community lots now have bedrooms, because for example like at the Festivals in San Myshuno I always keep my sims there until after the festival has ended and the area is back to normal. This is to stop the cluster mess that happens when a festival is going on. With a bedroom with the community lot, it gives my sim a place to sleep, so it doesn't mess up their day the next day (for school or work) Almost all my community lots have showers as well.

Now for the reason, I turn off aging is because whenever there is a new pack all the original sims are still going to be there. I'm still waiting till the day EA gives us a University pack, and I really want teens like Cassandra Goth (currently a child), Wolfgang (also a child) to go to college. I've done this because I have worked on a game save in the past, but not turn off aging, only to discover that I really want to play with those sims when I do add a new pack.

I can't tell you the number of times I have changed out sims, or lots, but it's quite a few times over this period. But I have also finished up the mystery of StrangerVille, and completely cleaned up Sulani, which is something I really don't want to do again and again.

Also, there is a list of different challenges you can pick from for this game, here is a link to it.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @LaBlue0314's suggestion is one that has worked for me in the past. I didn't follow the rules of the challenges; I adopted the ones I chose to my own playstyle, and they revitalized my play for quite awhile.

I am still playing one of the save-games I started in 2014. I learned to play a rotational game back in TS1, & that's still the way I play, but for the first time I kept the premades in my game, so my rotational game is huge. I don't play every household that's in the world, but I track which sims are of the same generation, & manually age 'em up in CAS when it's time (& adjust their clothes, etc.) When I get bored with whichever HH I'm currently playing, I shift over to another.

Currently I'm playing a family that is absolutely bland. They're vegetarians, & when we got Off the Grid (lot trait) I figured I'd make 'em extremely Green...but now I'm waiting for EA to fix the objects so that's actually possible. So... now I don't know what to do with my bland bland bland family! I want them to stay bland. Boxed myself into a corner! :lol: I haven't opened the game in a few days. Probably need to switch to a diff HH again for now. :smile:

Hope some of LaBlue's suggestions work for you!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Try making the Addams family! Definitely make them vampires.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm... I have sort of two modes. Either I play challenges that I have organized for myself or I play a family. What do you think would make a fun challenge for you?

Over time my personal challenges have built up two different trays. One tray for lots and one for households. I am currently working on making my own premade townies. I want a good blend of families and single sims. Some good and some bad. Occult and vanilla. I am a slow player, and a very slow builder but that doesn’t matter since I am doing it simple because I am having fun.

So my current challenge is adding a occult family for Sulani. We have got a Vampire-dad and a mom who is going to become a mermaid when I find the kelp. Two kids will become occult and one vanilla. I age each sim up when I feel like it, build a house for them that will be placed in every save going forward. Take a good look in CAS that I think they make interesting kids when I play around with genetics. For me this is a lot of fun.

Other challenges have been. Take a good park and mod it so that it is perfect for my sims. Then I play different households and every time they went to the park I made little adjustments so that it started to look good for my little occult world. A nightclub. A good restaurant for the jungle world.

This turned into a very long post with some different examples of what I have done during the years, for me it has been rewarding designing all of this and I just plonk it down in future saves when it suits me.

What do you think would be fun for you that you haven’t tried before? Build a lot, play it and adjust it afterwards? Play a single sim and try to see something new in the world? Take a look in your gallery for a really fantastic lot for one sim and just live there for a while?

Good luck :)
  • simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    I like to choose several small ideas and challenges and play them with different families in the same save file with MCCC on for story progression. I have a custom list of random events which i sometimes roll to spice up my sims' lives. Also I use a custom costs system for journeys and stuff, to make the economy more difficult to navigate.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Here's something I have done a couple times - it may get worn out after a while, but at least it gives me some variety.

I create a household where I play only 1 sim, while this sim is trying to affect the other sims to develop.

One way can be to have 1 sim run a lodging for single foreigners. Being foreigners, it is kinda logic that they have no friends or family in the area. You will provide them with a private room (look door) incl. a bathroom. Depending on the house/lot you can offer small rooms, or spacey unites. Then you will prepare their food according to a set schedule, and to make it a tad more interesting you can grow some of the food. You also take the lodgers to community lots or events, to have them integrated, or you might want to choose a topic. Lodgers can be students into art, entertainment, history, geology etc. You might even set a goal for and help them building certain skills through activities that relate to their classes or topic. When planning the house, make sure you can lock of your administration section including kitchen etc. Otherwise they will serve themselves. When you're done playing this house, the lodgers might move into their own houses to start families, and you'll have a new game.

I'm currently playing a house like this as a retirement home, serving elders. They will not move on to start their own households, though ;) Check my blog if you wanna read a bit more about this project.

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I just posted these ideas on another thread, but I'll copy them over here, too...

- Criminal Gangs. Set up 2 rival criminal gangs by using clubs. You can set up some fun allowed.club activities like having the gang members fight each other.

- Romeo. Have a Casanova sim who wants to woohoo with as many sims as possible.

- School. Set up a school lot and have your kids or teens interact there (you can send them after actual school). Have a regular classroom, music room, science room, computer lab, cafeteria, large room for school dances, and lockers in the hall. Tip: build temporary walls around the outside of the door after you have them in the room where you want them so they’re not all wandering around different areas of the school.

- Lifetime Friends. Make 4 families with child age sims. Have them all be neighbors and friends. Each weekend, have them all come over for a bbq or other type of get-together and rotate whose house the party is at. Age everyone up at the same time and have those kids keep in touch and do things with that group of friends throughout their lives.

- Master Photographer. Have a photographer sim and cheat to max photography skill. Have them take walks in various places and take photos. Delete all but the very best photos. Open a retail store and keep the originals in the back. Sell copies of the photos. Decorate all of your playable sims’ homes with some of those photos.

- Corporation. Make an office in a high rise. Use half walls to make multiple cubicles with computers. Have at least 1 private (single sim) office. Have a reception area, break room, and conference room. Form a club of workers and make the office only accessible to them. Have them come here and “work” and interact. You can have the sims do jobs that they can do at home on the computer, but have them come here and do them instead.

- Historical. Download a bunch of cc for a certain era and set your world up to be in that time period, such as the 1950s and 60s. Especially look for electronics that replace modern stuff (like a computer that looks like a typewriter) and mods that inhibit or alter phone interaction animations.

- Dating Game. Have a single YA sim go out and find 3 NPCs to date. You can change the NPCs’ clothes and hair, but you cannot change their personality, job, facial features, or body. Have them go out on 2 dates with all 3 NPCs and have roughly the same amount and same type of interactions with each. Look at the pink bar and see which NPC they like the least. Stop dating that sim. Go on 2 more dates with the remaining 2 NPCs. Marry whoever has the best relationship bar at the end of those dates.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com