Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloaded sims missing

The sims I downloaded from MediaFire have disappeared from my game. I went to play the game yesterday and I couldn't find them anywhere among the premade sims. Any idea what's going on?

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    If it was a .sim file, did you put it in your SavedSims folder?
  • wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 115 Member

Hi @ZeeGee. Yes, I've actually got them in one of my saves but when I went to start a new save and was going to place them in the game they weren't anywhere in the premade sims and they weren't in any of my saved families that I use either.
    How weird. You said you have them in one of your saves? Can you boot up that save, and save them to the bin? Just click on them if you have NRaas Mastercontroller, go into CAS and save them to the bin, or if you don't, do the 'testingcheatsenabled true' cheat, then shift+click' on them, choose 'edit in CAS' (I think, it's been awhile) and save them to the bin.

I've had it happen that a sim I downloaded won't show up, but I've never had a sim show up in the bin, then disappear. Strange.

Yes, that's new for me too. I will try that and see what happens and I'll let know how it goes. Thanks again, @ZeeGee.
    You're welcome. :)

@ ZeeGee sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was able to get my downloaded sims back that was already in the game by doing what you said. The ones I downloaded that I hadn't used yet, don't show up in the bin and I tried downloaded them again but that didn't change anything. So, thanks for helping me get some of them back for my game.
    No prob. Do you want to try some troubleshooting to see if we can work out what's wrong and get them to show up? Or, link me to one of the sims that is not showing up and I'll try to see what I can do with them.

It wouldn't hurt to try it. I downloaded this sim the other day and then again today and he's still not in the bin. Here's the link, http://www.mediafire.com/file/gbb9f0a7n42mj6u/Arbor_Thicket.sim/file#
    Okay, I stuck him in my test game folder and he showed up. I tried with just the base game and then with all EPs enabled. He showed up both times. He doesn't have any CC attached so looks completely different from his picture, but he's there. The only thing I can think to do from here is to move your cc out to your desktop and boot up your game without it to see if he shows up. (Don't save!) If he does it must be a cc problem. The other thing I would try is move all the other sims in your savedsims to a folder on your desktop then boot up and see if he's there.

I have no idea if either of these methods will work but that would be the first thing I would try. Remember to put your cc and savedsims back in your main folder when you're done.

If this doesn't work, pull your whole Electronic Arts folder out of documents and drop it on your desktop. Boot up a whole new fresh EA folder by opening the launcher, create a savedsims file, stick him in there, and see if he shows up in that. Don't forget to delete the new folder and put your Electronic Arts folder back in documents from your desktop. It contains ALL your saves, gameplay, etc.

@ZeeGee I will try and see what happens and then I'll let you know.

@ZeeGee That didn't help either. Anyway, thanks for the help. I've got to try to fix my game now because it got messed up trying to find the downloaded sim.

@ZeeGee I've got the game pretty much back to normal so no big worries. I still don't know why the downloaded sim didn't show up but I don't guess it matters all that much. Thanks again for your help.
    You’re welcome. Sorry it didn’t work

It's fine. It may be my computer or it just didn't pick up for some reason. It's not too big a deal. It's just weird because I've downloaded stuff before with no problem on that same computer.

@ZeeGee I went in my sims game yesterday and when I went to my premade sims, the sim I'd been looking for that didn't show up, well he's in the premade sims now. I don't how but he'd there now. Just thought I'd let you know that.
    Whoa that's awesome!

I wish I knew how he ended up there but I don't. It is awesome. :)