Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for University Nov 15th?

Comments

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    yes
    You’re right, and I find it sad that at least IL was so lackluster. I don’t feel the same way about ROM, though. But University is my no 2 most wanted pack (Seasons being the first), so even with low expectations I ‘m still eager for it. But all I expect is 1 university, some online possibilities and maybe a world. Ah well, we’ll see.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2019
    no
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    You’re right, and I find it sad that at least IL was so lackluster. I don’t feel the same way about ROM, though. But University is my no 2 most wanted pack (Seasons being the first), so even with low expectations I ‘m still eager for it. But all I expect is 1 university, some online possibilities and maybe a world. Ah well, we’ll see.

Yeah University is a very popular pack theme and it is in high demand, but that also opens the door for a big disappointment because people have certain expectations which they will (probably) not meet, so leaving people disappointed seeing their favorite theme ending up shallow and disappointing.

I genuinely hope that the pack will be good for the people who are looking forward to University though.

We will see eventually.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2019
    no
    No cause it's TS4.

Then why are you in the TS4 section of the forums? Go to the TS3/2/1 sections instead.

Cause I live in a free country wich allows me to make my own decisions.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    no
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    No cause it's TS4.

Then why are you in the TS4 section of the forums? Go to the TS3/2/1 sections instead.

Why exactly? It simply was an answer to the question.

If you like the Sims 4, fine, go ahead. But telling people who don't like Sims 4 to just go away and keep their mouth shut, is uncalled for.

If people aren't being critical of the game, nothing will ever change. If you only want to see positive people praising the game and every table and chair they release, don't come to the forums instead. *sigh*

If you don't consider the Sims 4 a lackluster mess, that's fine, but there are plenty of us who do. That doesn't make us less of a member of the community and it doesn't make our concerns and opinions invalid.

Let’s be fair, just saying ‘no, it’s Sims4’ is not actually criticism. There’s nothing clear or constructive in it.

Of course everyone may be critical. That’s the only way to let EA know how we feel.

Just want to tell you that : yeah I love TS4 isn't constructive either. :wink:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited October 2019
    yes
    I'm always glad to get new content , I just hope it's not another Game Pack disguised as an Ep with a hefty price tag.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    other
    I’ve never cared for the theme, but have always found aspects, BB mode, CAS included that appeal to me for incorporating into play otherwise.

I’ve zero interest in sending a Sim to Uni to attend Uni, as part of game play so my hope is that the EP itself adds back the “roommate” functionality, building your own apartment lots, owned vacation/second homes abilities and maybe some sort of “form band” feature with more instruments and that integrates with GF.

Not holding my breath though.

• SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I want to be excited but every other DLC (Except City Living, Get to Work and Laundry Day) has been a disappointment so my expectations aren't very high. We'll see.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited October 2019
    yes
    I voted "yes" but the more I think of it I am leaning more towards "other". I really enjoyed Sims 3 University and thought it had more personality and fun features to it over 2's version. I never liked Sims 2 University that much and found it overall quite dull. Anyway, like others have pointed out, I am dreading hearing about The Sims 4 trade-offs and omissions. Please let Sims 4 come back from the shallow packs we've been given this year and give us a slam dunk! Seasons was a complete slam dunk! Get Famous was a slam dunk and I didn't even think I'd like it. I would say I like Realm of Magic most of this year's releases but I can see the many omissions it has and have no idea how long it will last in replay value to me. So anyway, after all that rambling, I hope Sims 4 can give us a content-rich University pack with SOLID GAMEPLAY! Give us mechanics that NOTICEABLY change our games!!!!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    yes

There will be a destination world I"m sure. All university expansions have had one. What I'm hoping for is that we'll finally see the return of the photobooth in this pack. I thought we'd get it in City Living.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    yes
    I was waiting for IL for 5 years and when it came, I was so sad.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    no
    No cause it's TS4.

rude.

if someone says they hate TS4, then they have the same right to feel that way and to express that opinion without being afraid that they will be mocked or laughed at. if you don't like someone's opinion, fine, either counter it or ignore it, telling someone to stop expressing himself cause you don't agree is stupid.
    y'all got bread?
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    no
    I'm not excited for university gameplay, but am intrigued by other features that may match my play style more (i.e. the possibility of non-playable housemates). I will also check out the build/buy and CAS features. I have got all packs so far for this game so I am sure I will get this one too, largely for the reasons I mentioned than specifically for the uni aspect.

I too am one of those who had been holding out hope for a school pack that encompassed nursery, primary & secondary school and uni. I am really disappointed that it's yet another repetition of past packs. I want innovation, not sub-par copies of past packs.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    other
    I am looking forward to new BB and CAS stuff, but I really, really have my doubts about this pack purely because Uni isn't my thing and I'm using a better schools Mod that really does give better school choices. But like the other versions I'll give it a blast and see how the gameplay is before I pass judgement. One thing I don't expect is failure states because in this version of Sims 4 we are all winners....right?
    yes
    CAF84 wrote: »
    I'm not excited for university gameplay, but am intrigued by other features that may match my play style more (i.e. the possibility of non-playable housemates). I will also check out the build/buy and CAS features. I have got all packs so far for this game so I am sure I will get this one too, largely for the reasons I mentioned than specifically for the uni aspect.

I too am one of those who had been holding out hope for a school pack that encompassed nursery, primary & secondary school and uni. I am really disappointed that it's yet another repetition of past packs. I want innovation, not sub-par copies of past packs.

This. I dont care about the school part. It's the parties,new romance stuff and items that excite me.
  • TeamAngryTomTeamAngryTom Posts: 18 Member
    Honestly I think they can make so many other things that AREN'T Uni. I don't get why ppl want it so bad?
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    The hope of a university pack is the only thing that has been keeping me going with the Sims 4 lately. I found that the Realm of Magic pack got boring too fast. I think we need more depth to this game to keep it interesting.
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    yes
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I would rather have had farming.

If it is just a keg thing, then I will be disappointed. I want it to be about education and not stereotyping. There are a majority of students in college who go to class, work a job or take care of their kids, and actually have a life that doesn't include drinking. I know, because I have been to college and graduated. We have all that drinking from the beginning and Get Together and then the smoking from City Living. We don't need another bar ect.

Since the teaching profession could work the same in all grade levels, I hope it is an Education pack. Babysitting, daycare, preschool, grade school, high school, and college. A district that has all those buildings and then apartments for sims to rent who are out-of-town sims attending college. Just like the doctor district didn't have any homes. It would be cool to have a range of jobs: babysitter at home, daycare center/job, preschool/grade school/high school teacher, college professor, and then the principals and deans. I really hope it is super interesting and for all age groups. I will be highly disappointed if it doesn't include more education than just college. At the very least, grade and highschools.

Curiosity got the best of me, what smoking from City Living? I think Ive been playing my game wrong, lol..is there really smoking or are you talking about the bubble machine?

• coloringpicturescoloringpictures Posts: 19 Member
    yes
    I'm excited, interested to see what they do with it!
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    yes
    I hope they keep a balance of student life - the academic experience as well as the school-specific, out-of -class stuff. I just hope they've been planning this one since day one.
    HSau :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    yes
    No cause it's TS4.

If you like the Sims 4, fine, go ahead. But telling people who don't like Sims 4 to just go away and keep their mouth shut, is uncalled for.

If people aren't being critical of the game, nothing will ever change. If you only want to see positive people praising the game and every table and chair they release, don't come to the forums instead. *sigh*

If you don't consider the Sims 4 a lackluster mess, that's fine, but there are plenty of us who do. That doesn't make us less of a member of the community and it doesn't make our concerns and opinions invalid.

Let’s be fair, just saying ‘no, it’s Sims4’ is not actually criticism. There’s nothing clear or constructive in it.

Of course everyone may be critical. That’s the only way to let EA know how we feel.

There are people on both sides of the spectrum. Like me - who actually loves IL being a native land and not a vacation Paradise. It was and is exactly what I wanted it to be - just people who wanted Vacation land cannot see it - because it was not what they wanted. University may be exactly what i wanted which is exactly a regular University - but I see disappointment in the words of people already wanting it to be an education pack - which I do not want. I don't even want it to involve families or kids any more than I wanted a single hotel or vacation spot on IL. Lets face it some of us really do like the present design - we do not want the game to be something else. People need to understand there are as many people on one side of how it is against how others want it to be. We have as much right to be happy with the way it is - without being put down as well. We have the right to enjoy the game we got and not expect it to be something else because Sims 3 made it something else. This is Sims 4 - not Sims 3.

There is no right and wrong - other than the game thus far is what it is - and both sides have the right to enjoy it or not buy it - but don't wish for my joy with the game to be something else because the finished product is already estABLISHED and exactly what I was looking for. It does not need fixing - it is the game I want - so it is not broken just because it is this time not something some of you wanted. It does not make it a bad game or a mess as some put it because some of you don't like it and expected something else.

In my family University is just a part of growing up and getting a finished education. It is a rite of passage I would like my Sims teen and YA to be able to accomplish just like I did and generations of my real family have enjoyed. It is basically where my family go from being a child to maturing to an adult and readying theirselves for their entire future. It is where in my family where we finally leave home and our futures begin before we marry and have a family. That is all I hope University encompasses.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    yes
    alan650111 wrote: »
    So anyway, after all that rambling, I hope Sims 4 can give us a content-rich University pack with SOLID GAMEPLAY! Give us mechanics that NOTICEABLY change our games!!!!!

Yes!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• KafeleKafele Posts: 17 Member
    yes
    Ahhh it just hit me that if it does come on the 15th, that's the same day as Pokemon! My poor wallet. Gonna be hard to divide my time cause both are sooo time suckers. Can't wait either way!
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    yes
    I'm both excited about the gameplay (so my YA sims have something else to do other than working) and for the B/B and CAS!! Can't wait to be honest!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
    edited October 2019
    no
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    No cause it's TS4.

There are people on both sides of the spectrum. Like me - who actually loves IL being a native land and not a vacation Paradise. It was and is exactly what I wanted it to be - just people who wanted Vacation land cannot see it - because it was not what they wanted. University may be exactly what i wanted which is exactly a regular University - but I see disappointment in the words of people already wanting it to be an education pack - which I do not want. I don't even want it to involve families or kids any more than I wanted a single hotel or vacation spot on IL. Lets face it some of us really do like the present design - we do not want the game to be something else. People need to understand there are as many people on one side of how it is against how others want it to be. We have as much right to be happy with the way it is - without being put down as well. We have the right to enjoy the game we got and not expect it to be something else because Sims 3 made it something else. This is Sims 4 - not Sims 3.

There is no right and wrong - other than the game thus far is what it is - and both sides have the right to enjoy it or not buy it - but don't wish for my joy with the game to be something else because the finished product is already estABLISHED and exactly what I was looking for. It does not need fixing - it is the game I want - so it is not broken just because it is this time not something some of you wanted. It does not make it a bad game or a mess as some put it because some of you don't like it and expected something else.

In my family University is just a part of growing up and getting a finished education. It is a rite of passage I would like my Sims teen and YA to be able to accomplish just like I did and generations of my real family have enjoyed. It is basically where my family go from being a child to maturing to an adult and readying theirselves for their entire future. It is where in my family where we finally leave home and our futures begin before we marry and have a family. That is all I hope University encompasses.

I didn't need a theory. I accept that you love TS4. Just want to point out that this person shouldn't tell me that my negative answer wasn't constructive when a positive one isn't either. Yes I love it, no I don't is the same. That's all. Plus the OP made a poll, so a poll can't only contain positive answers, logical?
    Lu4ERme.gif
    yes
    The closer we get to the 15th the more excited I'm getting. First we need the Reveal Trailer. I'm really suprised we didn't get it this week.