Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you having fun playing Sims 4 without mods?

Comments

• Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Yes, I don't need mods to enjoy the game.
    I haven't actually tried mods and don't have a clue how to use them, but I'm enjoying the game as it is.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited October 2019
    Personally, I don't need mods to enjoy any game. When and if I use mods, it's usually an attempt to squeeze out the last drops of entertainment I can find left, before I lose interest entirely.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    starrxstarrx Posts: 5 New Member
    No, I need mods to enjoy the game.
    i need mods i play on console and it is so boring without mods or cc !!
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    No, the game is completely unplayable for me without mods.
    Too many things I can't stand, mostly idle chatting, idle animations and reactions that ruin the gameplay for me.
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    To me its third party content and I would rather have only official items in my game.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I've never felt the need to add mods to my game.
    Fโ‚ฌโ‚ฌล ลฆฤฆโ‚ฌ ลดฮ”Vโ‚ฌ ร˜F ลžร˜แปฎล‡ฤ, ฮ”ลž ฦ—ลฆ ฤ†ล˜ฮ”ลžฤฆโ‚ฌลž ฤร˜ลดล‡

ฤดร˜Iล‡ Uลž ฤ†ร˜ล‡ลžUฮœโ‚ฌ ลฆฤฆโ‚ฌ Fล˜UIลฆ ร˜F ลฆฤฆโ‚ฌ ฮœร˜ลฆฤฆโ‚ฌล˜ ฮ”ล‡ฤ Kล‡ร˜ลด Pโ‚ฌฮ”ฤ†โ‚ฌ
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited October 2019
    I tried two mod, one was MCCC but it feels complicated to me. All it did was filling my last 2 empty houses, married Judith Ward to my homeless sim and gave all wives the last name of the husband... I did not want this and deleted it.

The other mod was to stop the game from generating a huge amount of townies and it actually worked. But after (I guess) Island Living the newest update of the mod was for patreons only.

Its okay, I enjoy playing without mods, also I am really too lazy to update all the mods constantly.
    But well, I could imagine mods because of bugs but on the other hand, the devs should fix the game, its their job to make the game playable.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I think the game is best without mods.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Musical chair alone prevented to me to play the game properly.

I think they might have fixed this, or at least mostly fixed it. I noticed after the RoM pre-patch that if I directed a Sim to eat a quick meal, and then clicked on a chair at the dining table, they would sit at the chair and then stand up to finish it. If I left them alone - just told them to 'eat yoghurt', they would sit at the dining table and eat properly. When I told a Sim to grab a leftover from a group meal and designated a chair at the table, it was chaos - every Sim would sit at one chair and then move to the designated chair, and then sometimes move to another chair.

So, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, and simply told them to 'get leftovers'. And it worked! They would sit in a chair at the dining table, all together, and not wander all over the house looking for a desk chair or bed to sit on. I almost had tears in my eyes. I'm going to give another try at the gourmet asparagus dish, which, for some reason, required my Sims to eat in different rooms, no matter where I told them to sit.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Yes, I can have fun without mods, but I have even more fun with them.
    I use mods to change things in the game that bother me so I can focus on the things I like about it.
    Proud black simmer ๐Ÿ–ค
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    No, I need mods to enjoy the game.
    Mods saved this game for me, and there are so many great mods out there being created who can pass up on trying them out? With the Sims 3, you get mods but they aren't as exciting anymore. Use Sims 4 and you can find dozens of brilliant mods. I don't even need to worry about them breaking my game, unlike the Sims 3 where every decent mod I find somehow causes social interactions to disappear and overall messes with it.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I've played vanilla plenty of times, and I still had loads of fun. I just have slightly more fun when NPC's can propose, my sims can have ultrasounds, and my sims can get kidnapped.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    kappowankappowan Posts: 2 New Member
    Other
    I don't actually know how to mod my game, the few times I've tried it hasn't worked so I wouldn't know :D
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I can play Sims 3 with all packs and no mods just fine (though mods to take away some annoyances). Sims 4? Mods from the very beginning and I refuse to play without them. I have so many mods and so much CC, I had to use a second flash drive.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I used to only have the MCCC mod, although this mod counts for a 100 problems the game does not deliver us.
    Then i wanted to move out and was not even able to pack my sims stuff in, cause she was not the last person in the apartment. So I download the Moving Crates mod or whatever it is called :p

The fact that there is a part of the community (and not very small looking at the threads and poll votes), that NEEDS mods, says so much about the giant gaps and holes in the basegame that are not able to be covered with any excuse.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I can have fun without them, but I prefer to play with them. The mods I use like meaningful stories adds more meaning to the emotion system.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I'm fine at the moment without mods but maybe in the future I will try some. I also have a little bit of cc in my game which I love.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    There is no way I could play this game without mods. NO WAY!! Forget the lack of gameplay for a moment, there are so many buggy broken things I have to get mods just to fix issues. Sadly, this isn't just a Sims 4 issue either.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I thought about voting unplayable without mods but went with this instead. When EA patched in the gardening fix before Seasons, it borked my ability to use my most favorite mods so I was "forced" to play with unmodded game for a bit. I really needed those mods! Otherwise my sims wouldn't do anything without washing hands, getting water, making drinks, browsing books, troll teh forums, shovel snow, make snow angels, rake leaves, DANCE, browse web, and the list goes on and on. Why can't the devs do something without over pushing a sim to do it. :s

Sounds like more and more I should have voted unplayable. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Mods aren't good for Sims 4. It's better to just play the game.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    My save is filled past the current limit, so I gotta have mods to keep my family or else I'll risk another mass culling ๐Ÿ™„ having a garbage culling limit is the only real reason I decided to mod ts4 in the first place. :/
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I've only dipped my toes into the mod pool so far, just things to fix glitches. I get along just fine without mods, but I want to start integrating them into my gameplay.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes, but I only use mods to fix the bugs.
    The only mods I have are those that fix issues, and to remove things that drive me bonkers, such as sick, and dirty pets always running around. I do use the MCCC mod from time to time, but only to get the story progression in the background to function.
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I used to use mods very early in Sims 4, but mostly Sims 3. I don't use them anymore, it was just too annoying when another patch came, but I am finding I don't need them, I really am enjoying the game without them. I know there are some bugs, but, thankfully, nothing I haven't been able to sort out, and nothing game breaking that hasn't been fixed with a patch.... yet :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    Now with all the additions they released I have fun with game itself. I have a lot of mods in my game, that's true, but I also noticed that with some families I don't use modded features at all. But with others I use a lot of mods :D mods for me are not a must, but they are diversifying the game a lot and you have so many options and choices with them. I like that I can choose whatever career there exist, go to various events, have new styles of furniture or clothes.
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter