Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for Prince Charming (A Selection Challenge): UPDATED 4/24

15678911...Next

Comments

• MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Oh no that's horrible :( Have you tried repairing your game yet? You know when you click on the game in origin and go to repair. Maybe that might help? Or you asked a sim guru for help? I bet they know what you could do :)

It would be too sad if this challenge was over so soon :( I enjoyed every single chapter and was excited for every new one to come! <3
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    tara_lynnc wrote: »
    A VERY ALARMING ANNOUNCEMENT:

I went to load my game today and was greeted with the message "save slot corrupted, unable to load"

I tried rolling back my files, that didn't work. I tried googling and searching through the forums and the only solution I found, which didn't work for many people (including me) was to go into your saves folder and delete the slot_00000001.save file....

So I thought to myself, hey, I've been keeping track of the relationships, I'll just go back in, put everyone back in the game, then use the relationship cheat to restore the relationships, no harm!

Which would have worked great, if I had ever saved the Linder family to the gallery.....

So, there you have it folks. Unless I can find a solution, Amina and her family are gone forever, as is this story :(:(:(

I'm going to post about my issue as well to see if anyone can help me, but this has been an unresolved issue for many years for people, so I don't know if it'll help :/

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

@tara_lynnc I just thought: aren't all newly made families in CAS saved to your local gallery? Shouldn't they be there somewhere? Or did you delete them after creation?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    @icmnfrsh Amina has CC hair so the household won't be saved at all :/ Had to learn that the hard way...
    Sonschi wrote: »
    @icmnfrsh Amina has CC hair so the household won't be saved at all :/ Had to learn that the hard way...

That's bad. :\ And kind of arbitrary
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited May 2017

Although you have saved your sims with CC on them, you should be able to find them, if you search in your CAS library inside the game. I'll go check it out and come back with how to do.
    I am back. This is how to get your saved CC sims. Go to CAS, My Library, Advanced and then chose Include moderated stuff.
    Se%20indhold.jpg
    Post edited by Simsister2004 on

Although you have saved your sims with CC on them, you should be able to find them, if you search in your CAS library inside the game. I'll go check it out and come back with how to do.
    I am back. This is how to get your saved CC sims. Go to CAS, My Library, Advanced and then chose Include moderated stuff.
    Se%20indhold.jpg

I hope this works. I was really enjoying this challenge so far. :\

^ I just tried this out. She's right, the household is still saved. :)

@tara_lynnc Maybe the Linders were automatically saved to your gallery. :)

@Simsister2004 That's awesome! I hope this will help go on with this challenge :)
    I'm a bit sad this never pushed through. :0 It doesn't look like it'll go on because Tara hasn't been around. Well, it was fun while it lasted. :D

icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm a bit sad this never pushed through. :0 It doesn't look like it'll go on because Tara hasn't been around. Well, it was fun while it lasted. :D

Agree! I loved every single chapter and it's sad it ended too soon :( Maybe tara will do another challenge like this? :)
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Agree! I loved every single chapter and it's sad it ended too soon :( Maybe tara will do another challenge like this? :)

If she does come back, hopefully

• MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    @tara_lynnc this app adds gameplay for royalty https://llazyneiph.tumblr.com/royalty-mod
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Minez, I think that it is very awesome, and I still play my royal Danish family legacy but without the mod mentioned above. Mostly because i have come to the 1800's, and I think that the mod you mention is for waaaayyyyy before that. But thanks anyway. If you want to view what I have played until now, go to our Danish forum and press translate at this link: http://dksimlinger.danskforum.net/t109-mit-sims-4-eventyr-kongelig-legacy
    I wonder why Minez tagged Tara, though. It's clear she abandoned this two years ago