Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel done

124...Next

Comments

• AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    Well, my best advice to you, is to suggest you find the game (or iteration of the Sims, if you like) that does give you all the pleasure and enjoyment you seek. Personally, while I am disappointed in Island Living, I have really enjoyed most of what's been offered. (Mind you, I don't have Vampires, RoM, or First Pet, but I do have everything else.) Plus, I've been playing with MCCC and Road to Fame, which has allowed me to again, have a singer Sim. I've also added three more mods, Meaningful Stories, Private Practice and Improved Relationships. In a few days I may even install another mod: Life's Tragedies.

I think part of the problem with Sims4 is the lack of burglars, police to catch them, and more frequent random deaths. Like Sims3, it's been dumbed down to not offend someone's eight-year-old, (who likely knows far more than their parents think they do). :open_mouth: This is listed as a game for Teens, after all. What teen do you know who doesn't go to view the latest horror flicks? Innocence is gone in this country. I'm sorry EA is treating those of us who play this game as if we were infants. I'm 64 and very little shocks me anymore.

THIS! Could not have said it better.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm kinda tired of The Sims 4 with all its bugs and bad performance issues. I just want it to be over even tho that is very selfish of me cuz I see a lot of people finally enjoying the game, but I just don't understand how they can enjoy this badly optimized game just cuz they're starting to add in more contebt. 😂😂 Y'all are the real MVPs. 😂

Because not all of us has those bugs you speak of. My pc is newly updated and has no game issues with Sims 4 - i don't use CC, mods or cheats and never see all the things I keep seeing many of you post. Maybe you need to look at your pc - seeing if it was just the game or bad optimization I should have those issues too - and do not. How do you explain that. My game plays like a charm....

I find it laughable you don't see any of the bugs. I have a gaming PC rig that my husband built that well exceeds the game specs and is is a powerhouse machine (he loves to tinker on computers). It is not my computer, it is the terrible programming within the game. I had many game-breaking (to me) bugs playing a strictly vanilla game. So much so, that my game requires mods to fix the all the bugs which will then consider it to be remotely playable. My guess is I have extremely higher standards than you do for all video games. I just know I am not the only one experiencing the bugs which make the game feel unplayable.

I am the same. We have two gaming PC’s. One has an nvidia RTX2080 graphics card. The other an nvidia 1080. Both have excellent processors and can eat this game for breakfast. Ironically they both run the sims 3 beautifully and they run way more demanding games. I loaded up the sims 4 for the first time in ages tonight and the bugs I found from a quick session are:

Lighthouse woohoo doesn’t work. Also saw another simmer mention this.
    Freelance careers don’t always work.
    Photography career doesn’t always work. This one I don’t have as I don’t have the pack but my friend has it and is complaining and I’ve saw people mention it.
    Toddlers and high chairs are still a hot mess.

I’ve saw lots of other people on social media report the same issues.
    Don’t use mods or cc. Two of those bugs I can replicate on console so I know it’s a game issue.

Same. Not rude but I think some people also choose not to see the bugs. *uncomfortable smile*

Well to say something like that tells me you don't know me at all - having worked on electronics - particularly pcs since the early 80's - I don't miss much if anything and I stop at nothing to fix an issue I find or find the source. My own pc is tweaked to the best it can be and has regular monthly updates besides what manufacturers put out. I can not find a problem acceptable - so believe me if I don't see bugs - my pc does not have any. One thing I don't tolerate well is problems of any kind with my pc.

Just because some people are like you say - do not assume all are. That is rude to make that assumption about everyone just because they don't see what you experience or feel about the game as you seem to. I say seem to - because of what you post.

Send two sims to the light house in Brindleton Bay. Ask them to woohoo. What happens?
    Put a sim in the free lancer career. Get a gig. Leave the home lot without competing the tasks. Try and complete the tasks when you return home. What happens?
    Never seen any sims in their pants and a regular top at festivals?

All theses bugs are acknowledged by Sim Guru Nick. I have two high end gaming rigs that run way more Demanding games regularly. I have those issues. I don’t use cc or mods. I can also see those issues on console. I don’t believe that I have four faulty pieces of equipment in my home. Our pcs are maintained and looked after. I struggle to believe you experience zero bugs whatsoever especially when one of my rigs has better specs than yours and I have those bugs.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Do you recall during Sims 2 production when a certain dual core pentium came out and would crash everytime people with that pc used it? They were brand new at the time and come to find out the trouble with them is pentium had never sent EA the info or anything about that pc so it was never tested by Sims 2 before a certain game came out. It was the newest and one of the best machines out there - but nothing but problems with the game and crashed constantly.

Eventually someone - not sure if it was Pentium or EA that found the issue but sometimes the newest and the best is not always flawless with certain games. I am sure after that pentium learned to send in their information to properly test their newest machines with the game. But to say because one has the newest and best does not guarantee perfection. I know myself my pcs are not perfection as they come and takes weeks of tweaking and tuning to reach that plateau and keep it there. Every game can change that so each new addition the process needs to be repeated. It is a never ending battle with electronics - and something I learned well before pcs were a thing. Like when I play Wolfensteins Bloodlines I have to retweak my machine, and when I come back to sims I retweak my machine - it is part of my regular maintenance so I have enjoyable games.

ETA Just to the chance of me going to the light house to woohoo is probably something I would never see to start with as that is not my play style and I'm not inclined to do with the way I play.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited October 2019
    Oh absolutely but on One pc I have an i7 processor and a GTX 1080 card. The other has an i9 9900x processor with an Nvidia RTX2080 card. Both have 32GB of ram. The stark reality is the sims 4 has bugs. Bugs that everyone suffers from. One look here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/td-p/3445209
    Proves that. The bugs I have are not down to my pcs. As I said I see the same issues on the sims 4 on console.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Bugs and performance issues are two entirely separate things. Performance issues would cause me to have a hard look at my PC to just be sure.
    Bugs though, that's on them. However, if they advertise a certain spec (which they do) they should be sure it works for that. Bugs might be a little harder to figure out since we all have different machines and different combinations of content for TS4. However, I do still expect things to get fixed in reasonable time frames and I do feel that in this iteration of the series they have done a less than stellar job of addressing and fixing issues/bugs. I would probably be ok with waiting on a longer fix if they would even ACKNOWLEDGE the fact it exists and they are looking into it. There's so many with no word that they even know about it, and some have been so long you know they just don't care. :(

But bugs can vary - seeing I rarely see many of the bugs people complain of in my own game - and I always think of true bugs if everyone sees the issues. Thus far the bugs I have seen everyone complained of - the HQ or sims devs saw them also and the teams were pretty quick to solve most of those. I do think bugs just seen in some games may be caused by other content players use - while other bugs may be even a problem within certain pcs while not a problem with all pcs. I have seen just laptops have issues that desktops may not - especially newer desktops - I do not call those things bugs in the true sense though.

Also some bugs may occur on systems due to an update to the system or vice versa due to a system not being updated. Sometimes we have to make sure it is not on our end - are we updated - etc. I think though a true bug should be in all our games and not just some of them. Detecting if this is the case is the hard part often but it helps if many people see that issue too -

I wasn't referring to bugs caused by people modding their games. That would be more like a glitch in my mind anyways but regardless that would be on the player to solve themselves. If you take the chance to put something not EA/Maxis approved into your game, that's on you and no in that case I wouldn't say Maxis should waste time fixing that. I was referring to bugs that a lot of people do have, the common ones (and less common) but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect common ones fixed in a timely manner.

I also did say "Performance issues would cause me to have a hard look at my PC to just be sure." so I do agree with some of your points.

Some bugs are just there though, no matter how great or not great someone's system is. Console proves that. It's something that can't be changed or muddled or messed with. Not easily anyways and not something I think you'd find our average simmer doing.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited October 2019
    A lot of bugs have nothing to do with the pc you play on. There are flaws in the programming every modder can easily see and it is impossible that a person does not have a single bug in their game as there are quite a few bugs that are happening in every single game.

Like if you throw a costume or black and white party and invite a toddler, they will always show up in some random clothing you did not assign to them, no matter how flawless your PC is. The reason is that EA did not assign any costumes for toddlers.

If you have a pet and play rotationally, all of the pets in your household will be sick the moment you rotate to a new household.

Also if your game loads a new lot, all of your pets will alway want to have a poop and go for a walk asap.

At the moment, there are a lot of whims that cannot be fulfilled at all because they are completely broken (like Get a promotion or skill up a certain skill). After you have travelled somewhere, even more whims are broken. In most cases, you will have to delete the existing whims and allow new ones to be rolled.

A fair number of costumes Sims wear at Geek Con are broken.

NPCs that are randomly generated will often wear a ridiculous amount of accessories.

When you hold a speech in the open area of City living, not a single person will autonomously watch it.

If a garbage plant spawns in the open area of a neighbourhood, you can do nothing to get rid of it.

ROM potions cannot be sold.

When you travel to another lot while a sim of your household is at school or work, they will not take care of any of the motives (bladder, hunger). They will only do that when you stay on your home lot.

None of these bugs have anything to do with PC specs, they are due to bad/faulty coding. A person who does not experience any bugs must either have a very restricted playstyle or be blind to a lot of the bugs around him/her.

That being said, neither TS1, TS2 nor TS4 were flawless. They all had their bugs.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I have talked to enough developers to know no game is bug free even Sims. Especially with the live service that Sims 4 has. It gets updated just like a MMO does and often gets the bugs with it. I pretty much got told no game will ever be complete 100% bug free because as soon as one bug is fixed, another bug appears. I even noticed the return of the old incest bug from three years ago return to someone who was streaming in which the relationships reset.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited October 2019
    @83bienchen Well said. I can't help but think a lot of players miss seeing how many bugs this game has because, as you stated, they just don't recognize the glitches, don't use the broken features, or simply shrug it off when something doesn't work as it should. But I can't do that because not being able to use new features introduced in new packs seems so pointless. Why bother to purchase new DLC if it never works properly? Thank the stars for our modding community. If not for our modders, this game wouldn't be installed on my PC. I use many of your mods, the first one being the fix for those terrible leaf piles from Seasons. I saw a posted link to your site one day and grabbed that mod as quickly as I could. To your credit, you fixed that bug ages before EA's team did!! LOL And I have even more of your mods in my mods folder today.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    I think I fall in the category of players who rarely encounter bugs or glitches. For instance I've never sent sims to the lighthouse to whohoo. In my game sims whohoo to procreate. And since I'm happy with my current family size there's no need to whohoo. I have yet to have any freelance Sims so haven't encountered this problem. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully there'll be a fix by the time I try it.

So to answer the original question I'm still having fun with the game, still excited to load up my game and lose myself in my Sims for a few hours, and still excited and looking forward to what's yet to come.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Same here. Since I tend to build more than play the game, it's not as bad, but still fruststrating that we have such a limited amount of build stuff when it comes to stuff like sofas, lights, and especially,counters along with cabinets. Plus, impractical odd oversized accent tables that's hard to pair up with beds or sofas. Btw, I still don't get what the create a story was supposed to do in terms of adding an enhanced gaming experience. I don't even bother to use it as I see no difference. All I see is my Sims going outside to talk with plants all the time.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I just want them to finally fix the long list of gameplay issues with the base game. Aspirations, goals, and traits/personality all need work.

Whims were borderline pointless, and rather than fix them, they've disabled them. That's currently the state of the game, summarized; ignore, don't fix.

Lol, I didn't even notice at first but I wondered why my Sims just keep talking to plants and playing videogames all day.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self