Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel done

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    What do people class as game-breaking bugs? Does anyone have an example?

I play vanilla and have some bugs, but I wouldn't call them game-breaking so do not really understand what people mean when they say that.

It is a real shame that some simmers cannot enjoy their game. It's a big problem having no competition because there is nothing similar we can turn to if this one isn't working well. I love to play sims and, though I dabble in other games now and again, nothing compares to it so I wouldn't feel able to replace it with something else if my game became unplayable.

I look upon sims 5 with much trepidation as I can imagine they will take a new path with it that long-time simmers will be devastated by, so I am happy for sims 4 to continue for a while yet. I wish they would release some info about sims 5 so we could see which direction they are going to take.

The ony one I really called game breaking was in the middle of 100 baby challenge with 6 toddlers and suddenly all food and toys got stuck to the toddlers hands so they were unable to do anything like go to bed or eat or anything. But it got fixed quickly enough fortunately . I get the odd bug here and there but nothing else I've ever considered game breaking.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I play vanilla and have some bugs, but I wouldn't call them game-breaking so do not really understand what people mean when they say that.

It is a real shame that some simmers cannot enjoy their game. It's a big problem having no competition because there is nothing similar we can turn to if this one isn't working well. I love to play sims and, though I dabble in other games now and again, nothing compares to it so I wouldn't feel able to replace it with something else if my game became unplayable.

I look upon sims 5 with much trepidation as I can imagine they will take a new path with it that long-time simmers will be devastated by, so I am happy for sims 4 to continue for a while yet. I wish they would release some info about sims 5 so we could see which direction they are going to take.

I don't see competition as a solution because it is still a different game. You might as well play any game as Sim can't be copied so a different game is just going to be a different game. EA has copyright protection on everything about the sims - as we found out when zygna tried to put a game up that looked and worked too much like sims. The only answer is fix the broken game - not play a different one. Other wise we can just go play another version of the Sims already made. It is it's own competition and also a different game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2019
    This is how I feel @elanorbreton
    I don't have game-breaking bugs. Do I see them? Sometimes, but all the ones that I've experienced have been fixed or hot fixed. I know the aging bug that came with GF had me trying a brand new save for the few days until it had a hot fix. I still have double plants in one world that came with the Seasons bug ... gotta admit though it makes me chuckle now when I play that long running save, but it was irritating at the time. As a precaution when I get a new pack I usually play it in a test or throw away save in case. I'd rather be safe than sorry at this point.
    I think I play in a way where I rarely see this has to be fixed right now kind of bugs. Some I just do a work around for smaller bugs or oversights. Like the fishing "bug" in Sulani where you couldn't get the fishing aspiration to acknowledge you fished at 3 different spots. I just took my sims fishing somewhere else and quickly dinged it off before going back to Sulani. It could have been an issue if I'd been doing a challenge or something but I wasn't at that time and it's fixed now.
    I enjoy this version very much and I'm not ready to move on and probably won't be for quite awhile after the last DLC is released. I'll be interested in a new sims game but I might not like the direction they take it in so I'm going to have fun with and enjoy this game while I can because I might have to take my simoleans and my interest elsewhere next time.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Bugs don't have to be game-breaking to be game-destroying. When there are too many just here and there and everywhere, I find I often just lose the will to play altogether. I paid so much money and I look at the product I have on my computer, it's really not the greatest feeling of satisfaction there. I should be thrilled, but I'm not. I WANT to be though, I really, really want to be.

If they could hit the breaks on "new" things and work on the core game a bit, I'd be real happy. I don't need new things before I need the things I already have to be working.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Firande wrote: »
    doogerie wrote: »
    well with this iteration of the sims at least let me explain last month I was playing and I just suddenly thought I have done all this before I mean I was in a newish world but it just all felt like I dunno I am bord with it yes I want uni but after island living I dunno I feel the quality of packs has decreased in recent years. I know the devs say 3more years but it's like who cares? I am sure the Sims 5 will bring me back to the series but I feel done. Does anyone else feel this way?

I care.

I totally understand people who don't enjoy the game feeling the need to vent and I am genuinely sorry for you guys that you don't enjoy this game, I genuinely do. But one struggle I have seen is when people make these criticisms as though they are universal truths, and they aren't. There are a lot of people who do care, and who do love and enjoy The Sims 4, myself included. I have enjoyed the new packs a lot (while I do agree that IL lacked a little, RoM and StrangerVille I've found absolutely great), and I'm personally looking forward to three or more years of this game. :blush:

I also feel like, I have spent quite a bit of money on this iteration and I absolutely don't feel nearly ready yet to spend that amount on yet another iteration. Sims 4 will do just fine for me in these upcoming years.

THANK YOU. Jesus, I was starting to think I was on crazy pills because I'm enjoying TS4 or something.
    edited October 2019
    Firande wrote: »
    well with this iteration of the sims at least let me explain last month I was playing and I just suddenly thought I have done all this before I mean I was in a newish world but it just all felt like I dunno I am bord with it yes I want uni but after island living I dunno I feel the quality of packs has decreased in recent years. I know the devs say 3more years but it's like who cares? I am sure the Sims 5 will bring me back to the series but I feel done. Does anyone else feel this way?

I care.

I totally understand people who don't enjoy the game feeling the need to vent and I am genuinely sorry for you guys that you don't enjoy this game, I genuinely do. But one struggle I have seen is when people make these criticisms as though they are universal truths, and they aren't. There are a lot of people who do care, and who do love and enjoy The Sims 4, myself included. I have enjoyed the new packs a lot (while I do agree that IL lacked a little, RoM and StrangerVille I've found absolutely great), and I'm personally looking forward to three or more years of this game. :blush:

I also feel like, I have spent quite a bit of money on this iteration and I absolutely don't feel nearly ready yet to spend that amount on yet another iteration. Sims 4 will do just fine for me in these upcoming years.

THANK YOU. Jesus, I was starting to think I was on crazy pills because I'm enjoying TS4 or something.

Tell me about it. It is like living in the twilight zone. The game plays fantastic for me and has most of the time - I just don't get why others have an unplayable game. I keep thinking it has to be CC and mods as i don't use them ever or cheats in the Sims 4 - but it is mind boggling and then on top of it nobody believes you who posts on here. I know plenty others who don't come here because they don't have issues either and enjoy the game - but the forum is like the twilight zone. Makes you question your sanity because of what is said on this forum with bugs. I do wonder why it is mostly people who post here and not all of us? It is so weird seeing my game does not play just mostly good - it plays great and any bug I have ever seen has gotten a hot fix because everyone had it. ..

At least we can be sure we don't take crazy pills - the game really plays okay to great for a lot of us.... and we welcome new content and a longer life thus far. Wish i had the answers to help others but for me to see answers I need to first see a problem and don't. It's so weird that some have so many issues and others have none. It is puzzling for sure.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

The ony one I really called game breaking was in the middle of 100 baby challenge with 6 toddlers and suddenly all food and toys got stuck to the toddlers hands so they were unable to do anything like go to bed or eat or anything. But it got fixed quickly enough fortunately . I get the odd bug here and there but nothing else I've ever considered game breaking.

This has been my own experience with bugs in Sims 4 - I never see them long as they seem to always be on the hot fix list that everyone gets.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Hopefully Paralives will come out soon. :)
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I'm running on a desktop with the latest rev of the Intel I-7, with the other goodies to match, so performance is not my issue. What are my issues are the lack of depth & attention to detail evident in the older TS2 and how 4 has been so dumbed down that Bugs Bunny is high drama by comparison. While I do hit periodic glitches, I avoid many by paying heed to the woes of my fellow simmers and don't do/get certain things.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member

There have been many, many times over the life of the Sims series when I was bored of the game. My advice is, try something else for awhile. If it is an earlier Sims game that you enjoyed, play that for awhile. You may find yourself missing the multitasking and clubs of Sims 4. Or if you like building, try a different game entirely focused on that: I tried House Flipper, got the building and fixing up out of my system, wanted to go back to watching my Sims live out their home lives, and did. I still play House Flipper sometimes. I still play Sims 3 sometimes. I still play Sims 4 sometimes. Sometimes I play interior design match 3 games, and sometimes I play fashion mobile games. If I feel like chatting with other players and competing with them on fashion, or wandering a desert maze looking for chests with treasure in them, I play Avakin Life. It all just depends what I'm in the mood for. Sometimes I play RPG's like Path of Exile, or Titan Quest. When I get tired of fighting enemies, back I go to playing Sims. So, maybe you just need to take a break for a little while from Sims 4. I always find myself coming back to the Sims series after playing other games. Though yes, I do mod the **** out of my game. (I'll leave the asterisks up to your imagination. The best games let you use your imagination.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2019

You aren't. Simming community is just diverse that's all. I get called crazy just for being middle of it. I enjoy and don't enjoy different parts of the Sims 4. Nothing wrong with how either of us feel. I am glad TS4 is providing you enjoyment and catering to the way you like to play the Sims. It is in some ways with me but not in others. I am a more complicated Simmer, that's all and don't stick to the traditional ways of playing the Sims games I guess, thus why I get the curse of being a deviant. I deviate from the norm of society of polarization. Don't let Sims politics discourage you from enjoying the game. Some people just never move on from high school that ingrains children with the idea of cliques and bandwagons. Welcome to adulthood lessons of leaving high school behind and enjoying who you are and your hobbies. Why I started the saying, happy Simming. :)

I just accept that Gamer Burnout exists.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Hey, just because there are bugs and gameplay features that could be greatly improved doesn't mean one can't have fun with what's there. It's still the most enjoyable Life Sim game out there. It's just not what it COULD be, it could be having people go "wow", or "I can't believe that happened", or "I never expected that!"... but no, for a life sim the sim part is pretty basic. They're all the same like plastic dolls :pensive:

But even though I have fun in the game, I can't just look at it and not want it to be what it could be. Only way to get there is to let Maxis/EA know. Sit silent and this is what you'll have, if not less, in the future.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,582 Member

Game breaking for me is something that interferes with how the gameplay is supposed to be like, for example, that bug where your sims is at work but when you open build and buy mode, the sim will leave work early and you can't let him go back to work.

Another one could be that other one where if you queue your sim to use the toilet, he will drop everything else in the queue and use the toilet.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,582 Member
    edited October 2019
    Bugs don't have to be game-breaking to be game-destroying. When there are too many just here and there and everywhere, I find I often just lose the will to play altogether. I paid so much money and I look at the product I have on my computer, it's really not the greatest feeling of satisfaction there. I should be thrilled, but I'm not. I WANT to be though, I really, really want to be.

If they could hit the breaks on "new" things and work on the core game a bit, I'd be real happy. I don't need new things before I need the things I already have to be working.

Well said. Honestly, I don't have a lot of game breaking bugs right now (my definition of game breaking as stated above).

I do have some simulation problems or where the sim gets stuck while trying to do an interaction and just stares into deep space, but I can just quickly fix that by resetting him or traveling to a different lot. But doing so every 30 mins just becomes a chore and I don't want to play a game where it feels like a chore. More often, I just close my game in frustration due to bugs like these...
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    I do have some simulation problems or where the sim gets stuck while trying to do an interaction and just stares into deep space, but I can just quickly fix that by resetting him or traveling to a different lot. But doing so every 30 mins just becomes a chore and I don't want to play a game where it feels like a chore. More often, I just close my game in frustration due to bugs like these...

I too suffer from this exact thing, not glad but still glad that someone else has it and it's not just my game. I've been searching all morning for possible solutions but came up blank.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The term 'game breaking', when referring to the glitches and bugs in this game, doesn't neccessarily mean the game becomes unplayable. Unless the game stops working or constantly crashes, which has not happened to me. Anything that breaks my immersion, does not work as intended, annoys me because it is a repetitious action that never ends, and certain actions that defy all logic, all of those 'break' my gameplaying experience. While playing a Sim and that Sim has five actions in their queue so I am free to tend to the needs of the second Sim in that household, then the dog or cat goes running up to Sim #1 with a sudden urgent need for attention and all the queued actions disappear, I am unamused. That's the kind of stuff that irritates me to no end. The pets in this game are cute as heck but why are they allowed to interfere with what I want my Sim to do? That is an irritation and breaks my immersion so it needs a mod that stops it from happening. When we are unable to fulfill certain qualifications so a Sim can advance in their career,that is a bug. And, again, I have to look for a workaround, or find a mod to fix the issue. And don't get me started on what a mess restaurants were for me before I found a suite of ten mods that finally allowed me to take Sims out to eat alone, go on dates, or meet up with friends for a nice lunch. I recently created a restaurant/nightclub in Sulani that is always filled with Sims, and it runs like silk. NPCs show up to do their jobs, patrons sit and eat together without playing musical chairs, or interrupting other diners because they want a hug. It's wonderful. None of that was possible before I happened across those ten mods. So for me, that feature, the backbone of the Dine Out pack, was totally borked, and that was a game breaking problem for me because restaurants play a big role in how I play. The term 'game breaking' means different things to different players, and often refers to something that hinders the way they play the game. Or we were told to expect something in a new pack that wasn't quite true, or it came to us broken, thus hindering our ability to enjoy said new feature.

Any irritation or glitch changes the way we experience the game. I want my experience to be the best I can make of it. If that means using mods, then I will use mods to eliminate anything I view as a problem that is keeping me from enjoying the game. I am not done with Sims4. There are tools to make this game work the way it should have from the beginning. Even just a handful of mods can be useful. The fact there are so many issues and some affect a lot of players, yet others state they have no problems at all, also defies explanation. It simply happens. Mods, PC specs, laptop vs desktop, custom content; none of these can be said to be at fault here. Not with one hundred percent certainty. Some of the blame does belong to the teams. We did not create the packs, updates, or patches. But we're sure doing the testing that should have been done a bit better before those were released.

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited October 2019
    Bugs and performance issues are two entirely separate things. Performance issues would cause me to have a hard look at my PC to just be sure.
    Bugs though, that's on them. However, if they advertise a certain spec (which they do) they should be sure it works for that. Bugs might be a little harder to figure out since we all have different machines and different combinations of content for TS4. However, I do still expect things to get fixed in reasonable time frames and I do feel that in this iteration of the series they have done a less than stellar job of addressing and fixing issues/bugs. I would probably be ok with waiting on a longer fix if they would even ACKNOWLEDGE the fact it exists and they are looking into it. There's so many with no word that they even know about it, and some have been so long you know they just don't care. :(
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    The term 'game breaking', when referring to the glitches and bugs in this game, doesn't neccessarily mean the game becomes unplayable. Unless the game stops working or constantly crashes, which has not happened to me. Anything that breaks my immersion, does not work as intended, annoys me because it is a repetitious action that never ends, and certain actions that defy all logic, all of those 'break' my gameplaying experience. While playing a Sim and that Sim has five actions in their queue so I am free to tend to the needs of the second Sim in that household, then the dog or cat goes running up to Sim #1 with a sudden urgent need for attention and all the queued actions disappear, I am unamused. That's the kind of stuff that irritates me to no end. The pets in this game are cute as heck but why are they allowed to interfere with what I want my Sim to do? That is an irritation and breaks my immersion so it needs a mod that stops it from happening. When we are unable to fulfill certain qualifications so a Sim can advance in their career,that is a bug. And, again, I have to look for a workaround, or find a mod to fix the issue. And don't get me started on what a mess restaurants were for me before I found a suite of ten mods that finally allowed me to take Sims out to eat alone, go on dates, or meet up with friends for a nice lunch. I recently created a restaurant/nightclub in Sulani that is always filled with Sims, and it runs like silk. NPCs show up to do their jobs, patrons sit and eat together without playing musical chairs, or interrupting other diners because they want a hug. It's wonderful. None of that was possible before I happened across those ten mods. So for me, that feature, the backbone of the Dine Out pack, was totally borked, and that was a game breaking problem for me because restaurants play a big role in how I play. The term 'game breaking' means different things to different players, and often refers to something that hinders the way they play the game. Or we were told to expect something in a new pack that wasn't quite true, or it came to us broken, thus hindering our ability to enjoy said new feature.

Any irritation or glitch changes the way we experience the game. I want my experience to be the best I can make of it. If that means using mods, then I will use mods to eliminate anything I view as a problem that is keeping me from enjoying the game. I am not done with Sims4. There are tools to make this game work the way it should have from the beginning. Even just a handful of mods can be useful. The fact there are so many issues and some affect a lot of players, yet others state they have no problems at all, also defies explanation. It simply happens. Mods, PC specs, laptop vs desktop, custom content; none of these can be said to be at fault here. Not with one hundred percent certainty. Some of the blame does belong to the teams. We did not create the packs, updates, or patches. But we're sure doing the testing that should have been done a bit better before those were released.

Fair enough, but mods shouldn't be required just to have a nice experience. We all paid for a working game. Not one we have to fix. What if there were no modders? What about the people that can't access the internet all of the time to get these fixes?

I'm lucky enough to have bugs, but nothing game breaking. Some things like restaurants are a waste to me because I don't use mods and they are really broken, (though I don't deny I could).

We all work hard for our money and deserve a little more than the TS4 team gives us in terms of solutions. All said and done, if you purchase everything, this is a game that costs thousands of dollars/pounds/euros. They could do a lot better with some fixes.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    edited October 2019
    There are definitely some of what I consider game breaking bugs. For instance, in my legacy challenge file, Gen 3 became a doctor. He was to advance to the top of his career. Guess what happened? That one bug, where the pregnant sim required for promotion never, ever showed up. My sim ended up dropping that career and racing to complete a different one before his impending death. I'm pretty sure there was (or still is) a different bug in the detective career - but it's been a few years since I looked at it. That's 2 out of 3 careers unplayable in the Get to Work pack. Why did I spend all that money on that pack.

My sims have had issues where they were unable to propose (because they dared to give a promise ring as a teen, it ruined everything).

As mentioned above, restaurants are pretty broken. Why did I spend money on that pack?

I'm only recently getting back into the game after a long hiatus so I apologize if above issues are fixed by now.

I will say that I've really enjoyed playing my legacy family and I'm hardly ever bored with them 6 generations in. Of course, that's a challenge file so it stays busy and lots of different paths are explored. My normal games are pretty boring. I can play a hundred different families... but they play the exact same way.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Another bug is with the free lancer career where it bugs if you leave the lot before completing your tasks this you can’t finish it. Also the photographer career is very buggy. Can replicate those issues in two PC’s and two consoles so it’s 100% not my equipment. Mods should never be the answer to bug fixes for a game people have paid for. Especially when there will be pc players who won’t mod for various reasons and console players who can’t mod period.

Do the above issues cause crashes? Not for me. But they are frustrating. Dine out is another source of hell at times. It’s enough for me personally to turn it off and go play a game that works.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    seriously tho, i havent booted up TS4 for weeks now cos there isnt much left to do and like im aint gon' be replaying a predictable mediocre immediate entertainment over and over again.

for now, the only thing that keeps me reminded of this game is taht upcoming campus expansion but im not even rollin with the hype train, cos y'all know what happens to a hype train, it crashes then it burns.

but im not feeling done yet, cos as what @Firande has said, i still care for this game and am looking forward to this franchise for the next few years although my expectations ere extremely low at this point cos.
    y'all got bread?
    Camkat wrote: »
    Bugs and performance issues are two entirely separate things. Performance issues would cause me to have a hard look at my PC to just be sure.
    Bugs though, that's on them. However, if they advertise a certain spec (which they do) they should be sure it works for that. Bugs might be a little harder to figure out since we all have different machines and different combinations of content for TS4. However, I do still expect things to get fixed in reasonable time frames and I do feel that in this iteration of the series they have done a less than stellar job of addressing and fixing issues/bugs. I would probably be ok with waiting on a longer fix if they would even ACKNOWLEDGE the fact it exists and they are looking into it. There's so many with no word that they even know about it, and some have been so long you know they just don't care. :(

But bugs can vary - seeing I rarely see many of the bugs people complain of in my own game - and I always think of true bugs if everyone sees the issues. Thus far the bugs I have seen everyone complained of - the HQ or sims devs saw them also and the teams were pretty quick to solve most of those. I do think bugs just seen in some games may be caused by other content players use - while other bugs may be even a problem within certain pcs while not a problem with all pcs. I have seen just laptops have issues that desktops may not - especially newer desktops - I do not call those things bugs in the true sense though.

Also some bugs may occur on systems due to an update to the system or vice versa due to a system not being updated. Sometimes we have to make sure it is not on our end - are we updated - etc. I think though a true bug should be in all our games and not just some of them. Detecting if this is the case is the hard part often but it helps if many people see that issue too -

In dreams - I LIVE!

• jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with sims 4. I found it much more enjoyable after the release of Get Famous and Seasons but before that I was hanging on by a thread. I think there's a lot of great stuff in the game that has kept me playing and even had me missing the game when I hadn't played in a while but also a lot of not so great stuff that frustrates me and that I don't think will change or be fixed. I'd say it's gotten better and it isn't the huge flop I thought it'd be at first, I do find it enjoyable enough to have sunk hours into it and probably will continue to periodically play it but I definitely don't keep up with what's going on anymore. So basically I'm completely on the fence. I doubt there will be a sims 5 and if there is I doubt I'd go for it unless I see this forum lit up with rave reviews. I'm not to the point of done, though, especially if university is coming around.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I'm kinda tired of The Sims 4 with all its bugs and bad performance issues. I just want it to be over even tho that is very selfish of me cuz I see a lot of people finally enjoying the game, but I just don't understand how they can enjoy this badly optimized game just cuz they're starting to add in more contebt. 😂😂 Y'all are the real MVPs. 😂

Because not all of us has those bugs you speak of. My pc is newly updated and has no game issues with Sims 4 - i don't use CC, mods or cheats and never see all the things I keep seeing many of you post. Maybe you need to look at your pc - seeing if it was just the game or bad optimization I should have those issues too - and do not. How do you explain that. My game plays like a charm....

I find it laughable you don't see any of the bugs. I have a gaming PC rig that my husband built that well exceeds the game specs and is is a powerhouse machine (he loves to tinker on computers). It is not my computer, it is the terrible programming within the game. I had many game-breaking (to me) bugs playing a strictly vanilla game. So much so, that my game requires mods to fix the all the bugs which will then consider it to be remotely playable. My guess is I have extremely higher standards than you do for all video games. I just know I am not the only one experiencing the bugs which make the game feel unplayable.

I am the same. We have two gaming PC’s. One has an nvidia RTX2080 graphics card. The other an nvidia 1080. Both have excellent processors and can eat this game for breakfast. Ironically they both run the sims 3 beautifully and they run way more demanding games. I loaded up the sims 4 for the first time in ages tonight and the bugs I found from a quick session are:

Lighthouse woohoo doesn’t work. Also saw another simmer mention this.
    Freelance careers don’t always work.
    Photography career doesn’t always work. This one I don’t have as I don’t have the pack but my friend has it and is complaining and I’ve saw people mention it.
    Toddlers and high chairs are still a hot mess.

I’ve saw lots of other people on social media report the same issues.
    Don’t use mods or cc. Two of those bugs I can replicate on console so I know it’s a game issue.

Same. Not rude but I think some people also choose not to see the bugs. *uncomfortable smile*
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited October 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I'm kinda tired of The Sims 4 with all its bugs and bad performance issues. I just want it to be over even tho that is very selfish of me cuz I see a lot of people finally enjoying the game, but I just don't understand how they can enjoy this badly optimized game just cuz they're starting to add in more contebt. 😂😂 Y'all are the real MVPs. 😂

Because not all of us has those bugs you speak of. My pc is newly updated and has no game issues with Sims 4 - i don't use CC, mods or cheats and never see all the things I keep seeing many of you post. Maybe you need to look at your pc - seeing if it was just the game or bad optimization I should have those issues too - and do not. How do you explain that. My game plays like a charm....

I find it laughable you don't see any of the bugs. I have a gaming PC rig that my husband built that well exceeds the game specs and is is a powerhouse machine (he loves to tinker on computers). It is not my computer, it is the terrible programming within the game. I had many game-breaking (to me) bugs playing a strictly vanilla game. So much so, that my game requires mods to fix the all the bugs which will then consider it to be remotely playable. My guess is I have extremely higher standards than you do for all video games. I just know I am not the only one experiencing the bugs which make the game feel unplayable.

I am the same. We have two gaming PC’s. One has an nvidia RTX2080 graphics card. The other an nvidia 1080. Both have excellent processors and can eat this game for breakfast. Ironically they both run the sims 3 beautifully and they run way more demanding games. I loaded up the sims 4 for the first time in ages tonight and the bugs I found from a quick session are:

Lighthouse woohoo doesn’t work. Also saw another simmer mention this.
    Freelance careers don’t always work.
    Photography career doesn’t always work. This one I don’t have as I don’t have the pack but my friend has it and is complaining and I’ve saw people mention it.
    Toddlers and high chairs are still a hot mess.

I’ve saw lots of other people on social media report the same issues.
    Don’t use mods or cc. Two of those bugs I can replicate on console so I know it’s a game issue.

Same. Not rude but I think some people also choose not to see the bugs. *uncomfortable smile*

Well to say something like that tells me you don't know me at all - having worked on electronics - particularly pcs since the early 80's - I don't miss much if anything and I stop at nothing to fix an issue I find or find the source. My own pc is tweaked to the best it can be and has regular monthly updates besides what manufacturers put out. I can not find a problem acceptable - so believe me if I don't see bugs - my pc does not have any. One thing I don't tolerate well is problems of any kind with my pc.

Just because some people are like you say - do not assume all are. That is rude to make that assumption about everyone just because they don't see what you experience or feel about the game as you seem to. I say seem to - because of what you post.

In dreams - I LIVE!