Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Sleepstar wrote: »
    Time to answer the questions at the start of the thread

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    My favourite EP is either World Adventures or Ambitions, though I like all the EP's I currently have (The only EP I don't own is Island Paradise). It's hard to choose between them, and they bring something unique to the table (I haven't sent a Sim to University yet, but I may do so with one of my current teens in one of my Redux Saves). Out of the SP's, I like using the two I currently have (Movie Stuff and Outdoor Living Stuff). I have used the hairstyles from Outdoor Living on a brother and sister in a Household I'm replaying when they aged to teenagers

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    The customization aspects, as well as the edit town feature (I have placed empty houses and Households from my Library in my towns to act as "Town Filler" and watching their lives play out.) I also like designing and building homes. I'm discovering new things all the time.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I sometimes enable the "Buydebug" Cheat, but only when I start a new Save, and it's usually a few spawners and a Training Dummy and Board Breaker

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Not really.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I don't have The Sims 4, due to the price.

Hello @Sleepstar :) It is nice to meet you, Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you enjoy designing and building homes. Building is a very special part of simming! It is an enjoyable and fun way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is very nice seeing our sims living in homes that we have built and furnished for them!
    Happy simming! :)
    Mic95 wrote: »
    Into The Future hands down. Plumbots? Cryostasis machine? Sign me up any day.

The sheer amount of content is definitely my favorite thing. There's so much I still don't know even a decade later!

MOO is the only cheat I use. No point in cheating money since it cuts a big part of the fun!

I don't. :(

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do! Vampires are definitely my favorite thing. Wish it had plumbots though.

Hello @Mic95 :)
    It is very nice that enjoy having the Sims 3 Into the Future pack in your game, and are enjoying Sims 4 Vampires. There are many enjoying playing vampire households. Maybe one day a futuristic themed pack will come to Sims 4 also!
  • maichanmaichan Posts: 39 Member
    Hi!, I'm Maichan and I'm new here. I would like to know new people who also like The Sims games and to improve my english. Yeah, english isn't my mother language, but i don't find any forum in my language, so sorry for the mistakes! Anyway, I hope to have fun in this forum and to meet new people. Let's go with the questions:

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    My favourite The Sims 4's EP is Seasons! I just have bought it, and it has already become one of my favourites EP from The Sims 4.
    CAS. I love it. Create a Sim in TS4 is very fun. I can spend hours in CAS without getting bored.
    I don't usually play with cheats, I find them boring. The only cheats I use are moveobjects and cas.fulleditmode when a Sim really needs a facial surgery.
    Mmmmm ... I can't think about any trick right now!
    Yeah, I have it. It's my favourite game of the saga, although a lot of people don't like it. How I said before, my favourite part of the Sims 4 is the CAS, and the thing I hate the most are the loading screen. They're so boooooring.
    edited October 2019
    maichan wrote: »
    Hi!, I'm Maichan and I'm new here. I would like to know new people who also like The Sims games and to improve my english. Yeah, english isn't my mother language, but i don't find any forum in my language, so sorry for the mistakes! Anyway, I hope to have fun in this forum and to meet new people. Let's go with the questions:

My favourite The Sims 4's EP is Seasons! I just have bought it, and it has already become one of my favourites EP from The Sims 4.
    CAS. I love it. Create a Sim in TS4 is very fun. I can spend hours in CAS without getting bored.
    I don't usually play with cheats, I find them boring. The only cheats I use are moveobjects and cas.fulleditmode when a Sim really needs a facial surgery.
    Mmmmm ... I can't think about any trick right now!
    Yeah, I have it. It's my favourite game of the saga, although a lot of people don't like it. How I said before, my favourite part of the Sims 4 is the CAS, and the thing I hate the most are the loading screen. They're so boooooring.

Hello @maichan :) It is nice to meet you.
    Seasons is a great expansion pack! It is very nice seeing out sims experiencing the different types of weather, doing seasonal activities and the changing landscape is lovely!
    It is nice that you enjoy spending time in Cas :) It is very enjoyable deciding on a background story to Sims then working out traits, aspiration and clothing that suits them.
  • CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    Hello, I'm new to the forums and forums in general. I wasn't sure where I should make my first post, but this looks like a good place to start I think :) I guess you could say I am a bit lost xD Anyway, here I go
    Probably Supernatural. I like to live in a fantasy world I guess.
    Currently I like to build. I recently started uploading my houses to the exchange so that I could download them again if I ever had computer problems. People have actually downloaded my houses, so that's cool.
    Building cheats mostly. I like the struggle at the beginning.
    Not really. I'm still learning myself.
    I have it because they gave it away, but I haven't even tried it yet.
    My post looks like part of it is getting cut off when I preview it. My apologies if it still cuts it off when I post.
    CidyWolf wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new to the forums and forums in general. I wasn't sure where I should make my first post, but this looks like a good place to start I think :) I guess you could say I am a bit lost xD Anyway, here I go
    Probably Supernatural. I like to live in a fantasy world I guess.
    Currently I like to build. I recently started uploading my houses to the exchange so that I could download them again if I ever had computer problems. People have actually downloaded my houses, so that's cool.
    Building cheats mostly. I like the struggle at the beginning.
    Not really. I'm still learning myself.
    I have it because they gave it away, but I haven't even tried it yet.
    My post looks like part of it is getting cut off when I preview it. My apologies if it still cuts it off when I post.

Hello @CidyWolf :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Building is a very special part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is great that other simmers are downloading your homes! Building cheats are very helpful when creating homes!
  • EmmieBEmmieB Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello! I've been playing sims for several years now. I'm trying to become a member because I made a typo on my first post :D
    EmmieB wrote: »
    Hello! I've been playing sims for several years now. I'm trying to become a member because I made a typo on my first post :D

Hello @EmmieB :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
  • CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @CidyWolf :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > Building is a very special part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is great that other simmers are downloading your homes! Building cheats are very helpful when creating homes!
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you for the warm greeting :)
    CidyWolf wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @CidyWolf :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > Building is a very special part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is great that other simmers are downloading your homes! Building cheats are very helpful when creating homes!

Thank you for the warm greeting :)

You’re welcome @CidyWolf :)
  • painted_stars23painted_stars23 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just joined the Sims 4 forum, so hello! I started with TS3 when my friends let me play it on their computer and then I slowly fell in love with the sims in general.
    My favorite EP for the game is probably Jungle Adventures. I love archaeology so for TS4 to be able to not only have that as a skill, but to solve puzzles and go to ancient temples is awesome! My favorite SP is definitely the Luxury Party pack, as I love all the CAS items you can get.

My favorite thing about the game is definitely all the new ways sims can interact with one another. There's also so many different emotions and its awesome.

The only cheat I use occasionally is the motherlode cheat.

Unfortunately I don't have any tips/tricks to share other than if you want your sims to build skills easier and faster, I've found that increasing their lives works great.

I do have TS4 and my favorite thing about it is the quality of the game, how the sims interact with each other, and all of the fun things you can do in the game with expansion packs. The one thing I don't really like is the amount of stuff and game packs to expansion packs we got in TS3.
    I just joined the Sims 4 forum, so hello! I started with TS3 when my friends let me play it on their computer and then I slowly fell in love with the sims in general.
    My favorite EP for the game is probably Jungle Adventures. I love archaeology so for TS4 to be able to not only have that as a skill, but to solve puzzles and go to ancient temples is awesome! My favorite SP is definitely the Luxury Party pack, as I love all the CAS items you can get.

My favorite thing about the game is definitely all the new ways sims can interact with one another. There's also so many different emotions and its awesome.

The only cheat I use occasionally is the motherlode cheat.

Unfortunately I don't have any tips/tricks to share other than if you want your sims to build skills easier and faster, I've found that increasing their lives works great.

I do have TS4 and my favorite thing about it is the quality of the game, how the sims interact with each other, and all of the fun things you can do in the game with expansion packs. The one thing I don't really like is the amount of stuff and game packs to expansion packs we got in TS3.

Hello @painted_stars23 :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    Jungle Adventures is a great pack! Selvadorada is a very nice world for our sims to visit and explore the jungle and temples.
    I hope you are having a very nice weekend :)
  • CapitolSimmerCapitolSimmer Posts: 18 Member
    Hii my name is marie, i type a lot in lowercase as a bad habit, and i vaguely remember playing all the sims games on and off, though i have a really strong and disappointing memory of my sim father in sims 1 freezing because he was so unhappy.

phew, for sims 4 i will go with city living. while seasons and parenthood is a strong second and third, i just love apartments a lot and the new location is quite diverse. also all the festivals we get are fun - maybe not for all play styles or households, but i like to go there with my city living household - a flatmate household.

honestly, sims 4 really got me into building. i just started with it (was a fan of the series, disappointed by sims 4 on release and then played other things for quite a few years). my builds are far from perfect, but i'm enjoying myself.

bb.moveobjects of course ahah. i still haven't figured out the debug cheat. i feel like the 40 items that are listed cannot be all of it but oh welp. oh, i also cheat for my npcs - i have main households and then npcs set in the world who just get a set amount of skills / points and a job that they get promoted to where it suits me. i don't actively play them, but i like creating my own npcs that have interests (read: skills) and a more diverse job background than level one on each career.

what keeps me playing is having different households to switch between, but i guess that isn't anything new to most simmers.

favourite: i really fell in love with the graphic. i actually like the emotions, though it's sad that other things were sacrificed n favour of these (TRAITS). i LOVE the fact that all worlds are connected and i see all my sims around - i don't mind the closed world so much anymore. for sims 5, i would love to have it a bit more open but i am okay with non open worlds if it means every new world is connected.

least favourite: i wish there was more to do, more traits, more gameplay. sims in this installation don't feel very alive or unique. i also miss nraas mods - because i play so many families i like to have a story progression set for them. that they actually go to work, get promoted, have a set maximum of children (that's why i cheat it in for my npcs). i've not yet researched mods so maybe something like that is out there, but "just" the controlling pregnancy / getting married mod isn't enough. ea is bad at story progression and i need that fixed ngl.
    Hii my name is marie, i type a lot in lowercase as a bad habit, and i vaguely remember playing all the sims games on and off, though i have a really strong and disappointing memory of my sim father in sims 1 freezing because he was so unhappy.

phew, for sims 4 i will go with city living. while seasons and parenthood is a strong second and third, i just love apartments a lot and the new location is quite diverse. also all the festivals we get are fun - maybe not for all play styles or households, but i like to go there with my city living household - a flatmate household.

honestly, sims 4 really got me into building. i just started with it (was a fan of the series, disappointed by sims 4 on release and then played other things for quite a few years). my builds are far from perfect, but i'm enjoying myself.

bb.moveobjects of course ahah. i still haven't figured out the debug cheat. i feel like the 40 items that are listed cannot be all of it but oh welp. oh, i also cheat for my npcs - i have main households and then npcs set in the world who just get a set amount of skills / points and a job that they get promoted to where it suits me. i don't actively play them, but i like creating my own npcs that have interests (read: skills) and a more diverse job background than level one on each career.

what keeps me playing is having different households to switch between, but i guess that isn't anything new to most simmers.

favourite: i really fell in love with the graphic. i actually like the emotions, though it's sad that other things were sacrificed n favour of these (TRAITS). i LOVE the fact that all worlds are connected and i see all my sims around - i don't mind the closed world so much anymore. for sims 5, i would love to have it a bit more open but i am okay with non open worlds if it means every new world is connected.

least favourite: i wish there was more to do, more traits, more gameplay. sims in this installation don't feel very alive or unique. i also miss nraas mods - because i play so many families i like to have a story progression set for them. that they actually go to work, get promoted, have a set maximum of children (that's why i cheat it in for my npcs). i've not yet researched mods so maybe something like that is out there, but "just" the controlling pregnancy / getting married mod isn't enough. ea is bad at story progression and i need that fixed ngl.

Hello @CapitolSimmer :) It is nice to meet you, Welcome to the forums!
    City Living is a great expansion pack! It is nice that our sims can live in apartments and enjoy visiting festivals.
    For the debug items,enter the cheat
    bb.showhiddenobjects
    Then enter the word “ debug” and keep scrolling down and you should find many items.
    Building is a very enjoyable and fun part of simming! We can express our creativity and enjoy displaying out interior decorating ideas!
  • CapitolSimmerCapitolSimmer Posts: 18 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @CapitolSimmer :) It is nice to meet you, Welcome to the forums!
    > City Living is a great expansion pack! It is nice that our sims can live in apartments and enjoy visiting festivals.
    > For the debug items,enter the cheat
    > bb.showhiddenobjects
    > Then enter the word “ debug” and keep scrolling down and you should find many items.
    > Building is a very enjoyable and fun part of simming! We can express our creativity and enjoy displaying out interior decorating ideas!

Ayy thanks for the warm welcome <3 yeah idk debug still doesn't work for me but it's fine. i will figure it out eventually and it's not the worst that could happen in the sims :D
    happy simming to you as well !
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @CapitolSimmer :) It is nice to meet you, Welcome to the forums!
    > City Living is a great expansion pack! It is nice that our sims can live in apartments and enjoy visiting festivals.
    > For the debug items,enter the cheat
    > bb.showhiddenobjects
    > Then enter the word “ debug” and keep scrolling down and you should find many items.
    > Building is a very enjoyable and fun part of simming! We can express our creativity and enjoy displaying out interior decorating ideas!

Ayy thanks for the warm welcome <3 yeah idk debug still doesn't work for me but it's fine. i will figure it out eventually and it's not the worst that could happen in the sims :D
    happy simming to you as well !

You’re welcome :) Thankyou!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Popping in to say ‘Welcome’ to everyone new to the game or the forums! Wonderful to see folks still interested in Sims 3. Hope you’ll pop into the builders thread and show us your creations one day. Happy simmin 😃
  • Sims_JunkieSims_Junkie Posts: 197 Member
    Hi! My name is Nevaeh

1.What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    For the Sims 3,Generations,mainly because i play with big families,For the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs,and Seasons is a very close second.

Which game? For The Sims 3,all of it it's such a good game?

3.Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Yes,i play with cheats if i didn't all my sims would die,lol.The cheats i play with....ALL OF THEM,lol

Yes,I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve, Did you know that unemployed sims labeled themselves stay-at-home mom or dad if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. If a sad sim is crying in a closet your sim can cheer him up from the outside of the closet.

Yes,I have it but i haven't taken it out of the case yet.
    Hi! My name is Nevaeh

1.What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    For the Sims 3,Generations,mainly because i play with big families,For the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs,and Seasons is a very close second.

Which game? For The Sims 3,all of it it's such a good game?

3.Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Yes,i play with cheats if i didn't all my sims would die,lol.The cheats i play with....ALL OF THEM,lol

Yes,I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve, Did you know that unemployed sims labeled themselves stay-at-home mom or dad if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. If a sad sim is crying in a closet your sim can cheer him up from the outside of the closet.

Yes,I have it but i haven't taken it out of the case yet.

Hello @Sims_Junkie :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
  • EccoAllieEccoAllie Posts: 26 Member
    Working on getting that full member status so I came here to discuss! :3 Here's my answer to the five questions above!

Hard to tell...I love a little bit of all of them. But i'd say my favorite one to date is the cats and dogs! Only downside is that it is only limited to cats and dogs...so no birds or other exotics...which is a pain for me! I do love the fact that now you can have vet clinic! But I would have loved to see the employees start out as caretakers, then vet techs, and finally vets. (I'm graduating as a vet tech in like 4-5 months so I would have loooooved seeing my job represented! )

Being able to create stories and get out of my day to day life. I love seeing the interactions between the different packs.

Testing cheats because I hate having to care for my sims lol. I'm more into making stories than taking care of someone. So I'm mostly just using this ''Disable need decay'' option. Otherwise, I used to love using motherlode but now I love having my sims starting up small and making money up until they can afford that sweet sweet house they always wanted!

If you want to create cool outfits, don't forget to put accessories. No, don't put accessories everywhere on your sim's body, but don't forget them. I feel like my best outfits include socks and sometimes necklasses, glasses, hats, etc. Be creative!

Of course ! I can't play any other sims game now because I love how this one looks and I love the gameplay. The major downside though is that there is so much less content in packs than in prior games. I feel like we should have had as many animals in the ''pets '' pack of the sims 4 than the one in the sims 3. This feels like a let down considering we are still paying for a game pack and we get ''less''. I don't know if I'm mistaken but that's how I feel.
    <3 If you can do something funny that makes no sense, do it!
    Hello @EccoAllie :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    Cats and Dogs is a great pack! The sim cats and dogs are very cute! It is very nice seeing them interacting with our sims :)
    It is exciting that you will soon graduate as a Vet Tech! It is caring of you to want to help sick animals and their owners <3
    Accessories are a nice part of an outfit :)
  • JedmadarJedmadar Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello!

I'm Jedmadar. I thought I'd introduce myself to the welcome threads.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? - Definitely "Get To Work". I have been playing it a lot recently and am excited to go home and continue my Sim's career as a detective! Going to work with my Sim is probably the most fun feature for me at the moment.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? - THE EMOTIONS! They're so cool! Their emotions can change based almost anything and I keep finding new things for them to react to; some things I hadn't even thought of.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? - Yes, I do. I use the "Make Happy" cheat for the most part just so I can get tasks done quicker. Occasionally, I'll use small money cheats like "rosebud" just to get my Sims started in a nicer home.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? - Hmm... Honestly, I can't think of any that most people don't already know about.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? - I sure do! My favorite things include: the emotions, all of the decorations, the different species (mermaids, vampires, aliens, etc.). And honestly, I can't think of anything that I don't like about the game.

Thanks for reading. :)

Jedmadar
    Jedmadar wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm Jedmadar. I thought I'd introduce myself to the welcome threads.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? - Definitely "Get To Work". I have been playing it a lot recently and am excited to go home and continue my Sim's career as a detective! Going to work with my Sim is probably the most fun feature for me at the moment.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? - THE EMOTIONS! They're so cool! Their emotions can change based almost anything and I keep finding new things for them to react to; some things I hadn't even thought of.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? - Yes, I do. I use the "Make Happy" cheat for the most part just so I can get tasks done quicker. Occasionally, I'll use small money cheats like "rosebud" just to get my Sims started in a nicer home.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? - Hmm... Honestly, I can't think of any that most people don't already know about.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? - I sure do! My favorite things include: the emotions, all of the decorations, the different species (mermaids, vampires, aliens, etc.). And honestly, I can't think of anything that I don't like about the game.

Thanks for reading. :)

Jedmadar

Hello @Jedmadar:) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    Get to Work is a great pack! It is great that we can go with our sims to their work, and the three active careers are great!
    It is very nice seeing the different emotions our sims have and their reactions when things are happening .
  • jessica645739jessica645739 Posts: 45 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? They all bring something to the game but because i'm a pet lover, i would say pets !

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Gameplay (i'm not a builder !)

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Not really...just a lot of moveobjects if this counts.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? No.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes I have it. My favorite things is the intuitive create-a-sims and the least is the open world and lack of gameplay.
    edited January 2020
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? They all bring something to the game but because i'm a pet lover, i would say pets !

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Gameplay (i'm not a builder !)

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Not really...just a lot of moveobjects if this counts.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? No.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes I have it. My favorite things is the intuitive create-a-sims and the least is the open world and lack of gameplay.

Hello @jessica645739 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    The Cats and Dogs pack is a great expansion pack! Sims dogs and cats are very cute! It is lovely seeing pets interacting with their owners.
    Moo is a very helpful cheat! It is great to use when furnishing homes.