Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about turning objects vertically?

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We have always been able to turn objects horizontally and I think since TS2 or TS3 we were able to use the ALT button to turn it without it snapping to the grid. Then we got a great cheat to make objects smaller and bigger which opened up so much possibilities and ideas for the creative builders among us.

There is just one little thing that I am still missing to be able to build even more buildings just like we desire and that is: Turning objects vertically. Which means, objects will not only be able to be turned on the ground, but also vertical. Not sure how to explain it differently then this, but here is a pic instead:

vertical-turn.jpg

We could use these pillars on the ceiling and make attics or roofs look more realistic. Think of how cool winter lodges could look if we could spin these around on the front of the roof! Or we could use carpets for wall hanging instead! Oh and we would be able to move pantings and frames on the wall to look a little wobbly and not straight. Could be great for stories! So what do you think?
Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on

How about turning objects vertically? 41 votes

Yes, sounds cool!
82%
Frn0731LeGardePourpreredrogue60GoodywoodDerianSuceressKalaniCoolFroiljheyjuneicejcp011c2BabykittyjadeKarababy52EnkiSchmidtFurSimsOfficialsilentcyborgSERVERFRADreamCytcherFaeChaipopstarsleySimmyFroggy 34 votes
No, would never use this
17%
auroraael14PlayerSinger2010simongVivi_WillowTreeMarduc_PlaysnerdfashionLIL_Lilly 7 votes

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes, sounds cool!
    They did it in Forgotten Hollow, a street lamp fell on the floor.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yes, sounds cool!
    I don't have the pack myself yet, but I think from photos I've seen, there are some vertical objects in the ROM houses/shops that are 'tearing apart.' Also, a lot of Simmers have been experiencing dishes and other objects floating at different angles in their games too. For example, this happened in my game:

j95w8EO.png

So, I believe turning objects vertically is perhaps already in the game but only available for Devs to utilize via cheats or implementing a code during production of packs. Perhaps some part of this code was mistakenly left active in the game and it glitches now and then. I could be way off though, just a thought... *shrugs*

I would LOVE it if we could have this in our game though for the very reasons you have mentioned!
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Yes, sounds cool!
    I can already imagine how the object spinning mechanism works, kinda like how we turn them horizontal (on the floor). Maybe we could right click on the mouse and drag it to the left (anticlockwise) and right (clockwise). However spinning objects and place them like that seems physically unreal, so I'm expecting it to come as a form of cheat.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would want a system that is more than just adding vertical. I want a system that would allow a change in horizontal, vertical, elevation and direction, similar to the multi-edit system from Planet Coaster/Zoo. If you're going to fix, it then fix it properly.
  • LadyKare64LadyKare64 Posts: 24 Member
    Yes, sounds cool!
    I get tired of raising things up and my object and camera rush to a different location and I have to keep checking how far to move it. Having the item staying in the place I'm decorating without racing about would be so helpful. (Ugh, it's exhausting)
  • SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    Yes, sounds cool!
    Yeah, I keep looking at TOOL and then not downloading it haha
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Yes, sounds cool!
    You want to rotate the object 90° or at 45° on the red or green axis. You can do this with TOOL for most objects apparently, but its not available for all. I agree that it would be cool to be able to do this. There are numerous games that let you adjust height, rotation, angle, etc of an object so there is coding to figure out how to do it in this game. Hopefully it wouldn't be a gamebreaker for people with lower end computers though.