Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What gives you a "warm feeling" inside when playing?

Comments

• HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    For Sims 1, definitely the soundtrack and the random whistling Sims do as they pass by.

For Sims 3, even though I loved it, I don't remember it making me feel "warm".

For Sims 4, the first thing that pops into my head is the seasons, especially fall. I love fall in Sims 4; the sky is so wonderfully gloomy, and the crows cawing in the background make me shiver in a good way. Add a cozy fire and the family dog dozing on the rug, and you've got a perfect picture.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I loved reading all of your responses. And it's really reminded me of all of the happy moments I've had within the franchise. I would say the pack that gives me that "warm" feeling is seasons and that's with all of the respective iterations it was featured in. Im a big family player and have made the most heartwarming memories with my sims families in each season.

*Side note: By warm feeling, I mean just a feeling of ease and happiness all around about the game of your choice within the sims franchise.*

While I understand there are some if not many frustrations with each iteration, for some people, what are the things you do find heartwarming within the franchise? What are the things that keep you playing? The reasons you continue to follow the sims franchise? What's your favorite memory that got you hooked on the sims?

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I loved reading all of your responses. And it's really reminded me of all of the happy moments I've had within the franchise. I would say the pack that gives me that "warm" feeling is seasons and that's with all of the respective iterations it was featured in. Im a big family player and have made the most heartwarming memories with my sims families in each season.

*Side note: By warm feeling, I mean just a feeling of ease and happiness all around about the game of your choice within the sims franchise.*

While I understand there are some if not many frustrations with each iteration, for some people, what are the things you do find heartwarming within the franchise? What are the things that keep you playing? The reasons you continue to follow the sims franchise? What's your favorite memory that got you hooked on the sims?
    Yeah Seasons has been one of my favorite themes too also because of family play but also the danger that comes with it because it makes me want to pay attention and care about Sims more. Island Living I got real warm feelings for watching toddlers splash each other in the ocean because it reminded me what it was like growing up at the beach. I have spent countless hours swimming and boogie boarding at the beach and now no longer living at the beach I am able to return to those memories of being warm at the beach. Sadly beaches near me now turn my skin purple during the summer, so Sims is a cheaper alternative to taking constant flights back to California to get that warm feeling again. Thanks for making the thread. Hardly anyone asks what we love most about the Sims throughout our Simming experiences.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    One of my favorite things is Seasons, and watching the different expressions of them through the windows of my Sims' homes.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Morning Simmrs! i agree with humanbean16, i started at sims3, then moved to sims4, and for me it's a place to get away for a couple of hours, i love playing! :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    When Sims act and do very human like things or reactions - not common in many games - it gives me the warm fuzzies. I like the fact there are no other games quite like the Sims no matter how hard their makers try to make them like the Sims - I can see they are in the end failing at reaching that same feeling inside.

I also ask myself how would any competition actually reach in the player that same plateau seeing the most they can hope for is try and reach some of the way that made the Sims so unique and not feel like a copy cat? Personally i don't see the need for competition if the game I have already meet the emotional quota i need and i will always be far more critical over copycats as nothing one can do in the Sims will ever feel right or natural in a copy cat that i can see. Sims has already reached way more plateaus and covered things so well they cannot even duplicate theirselves in new Sims games so how is a competitor ever going to offer more or anything better? Sims has done it already so what is the point - just to be a copy cat? And also never doing it as well as it was done before. Even present sims is often said not to do something as well as it was done before. I will always get the warmest fuzzies from previous experiences of an instance in the Sims. I think that is why we often see people complain - well such and such did it better. That is always going to be an issue of a copy cat game - in my opinion even if they did not do it better in those games it may seem that way because that is the way it first happened. First impressions are always difficult to reach in any memory.

In Sims 4 I have to say adding the calendar was a fabulous idea and planning any holiday real or made up is a way to make some of our own warm fuzzies if we want to.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TeamAngryTomTeamAngryTom Posts: 18 Member
    Everytime it starts snowing! I LOVE Winter in-game. It's so peaceful.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    My favourite sim just got married and had a kid and I feel oddly proud of him. I love seeing my sims grow and progress in life.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Two toddlers hugging each other :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I love that too. ❤️

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

For sure. The first time I saw that it was in Sims 2 and just filled my heart with the warmest fuzzies ever.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    -Whenever my Sims' kids age up to Young Adults, get married, and start families of their own, especially the oldest kids
    -Watching couples interact
    -Having my families celebrate holidays
    -Watching siblings interact, especially if one of them has moved out and they haven't seen each other in a long time
    -Elders interacting with their grandkids
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited October 2019
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Simsl/Pictures/Gordonwedsstar.png[/img]I hope I can get a pic up of this, but one of the most heartwarming moments for me was when my very passionate and beloved Sim named Gordon married Star Boyd (known Alien), her Paranoia trait might have made the picturbook wedding a fail, so he/we built her a lavish underground wedding venue right beneath the Myshuno Meadows one, with the same kitchen, bathroom, hall with bar and tables, etc. but also with the lovely wedding garden, in a room, bedecked with candles and mirrors and flowers and a white piano. And the kiss! Gordon is a great kisser and when he loves, it's with his whole heart. They brought their twin alien hybrid baby girls to the wedding and everyone took turns caring for them so the couple could light up the dance floor afterward. [img]file:///C:/Users/Simsl/Pictures/Gordonwedsstar.png[/img]
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I obviously need a tutorial on how to share screenshots and images here. Somehow the ease of drag-and-drop doesn't work anymore. Bosh.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I obviously need a tutorial on how to share screenshots and images here. Somehow the ease of drag-and-drop doesn't work anymore. Bosh.

Upload to a site like Imgur (which DOES have drag and drop), and post that "direct link" url in the image box here (fourth icon from the right).
    Oh have to use a 3rd party site to upload photos to like Dropbox. I've even shared photos from Discord before. Probably wouldn't hurt to use OneDrive or GoogleDrive either since that is how you can send save files to the QA team directly for bug reporting.

How to share files:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07
    https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I get that warm feeling when my Vampire households go out together, feed deeply without permission, and drop bodies all over the park. It makes me so happy. ♥️

Don't judge me.

The heart wants what it wants.
    #Team Occult
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I get that warm feeling when my Vampire households go out together, feed deeply without permission, and drop bodies all over the park. It makes me so happy. ♥️

Don't judge me.

Lol no judgement here we all have our play styles and what we enjoy from the game 😉😁
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The crazy, magical, whimsical quirkiness of it.

I love becoming a vampire, to live forever and feed off the puny mortals
    I love becoming a spellcaster, to potentially live forever and relish in your complete and total power.

Sometimes real life throws a curveball at you. The Sims is like my bat.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    This is such a nice thread idea! :smile:

There's so many little reasons I love this franchise; so many in fact, that I don't think I'll be able to list them all. I think the first thing about the Sims that drew me in is the ability to create a story. Some of my earliest childhood memories are of me writing and illustrating my own stories, so it kind of makes sense why the Sims appeals to me. I love that I can create whoever I want, take them on whatever journey I decide, all while being there in the front row to watch it happen.

Lately, one of the things that gives me a warm feeling is seeing my sims capturing a new memory or reliving one in a meaningful location. It might sound super sappy, but an example is like...having your sims get married at the same place they had their first date. Or seeing two of your sims crossing paths in the same spot where they first met, or a group of life-long friends hanging out at the same park where they played as children. To me, it's seeing these little things that can very well happen IRL happen in-game that make me truly feel like the Sims is embodying a life simulation. Sure, the game has its completely ridiculous and unrealistic aspects, but I feel particularly happy when I'm able to make a character or their story more "human".

Another member already mentioned this, but I also like the escape the Sims offers. It's so great to be able to sit down and play a game where the problems in our own world aren't problems in our pixel-peoples' worlds.

Oh! And I can't possibly forget the feeling of joy I feel when one of my sims' whims matches their character or lines-up with the story I had in mind for them. I might as well be a beaming, proud mother when that happens! :joy:

The last thing I'll mention that brings a smile to my face would be some of the ambient sounds. I love the sounds of crickets you can hear at night, the birds chirping near the bird feeder, or the sound of the rain. I also really enjoy the little melody that plays when your sims get up the courage to go in for that first kiss, the giggles or babble of a toddler, the little "muah!" sound you hear when a sim kisses their partner on the cheek. It's all so good! I could probably go on forever. :lol:
  • _ayogabby__ayogabby_ Posts: 10 New Member
    Normal Game play is the best to me Because it teaches you about life, shows reality, and gives you seconds to moments of disconnecting from that hard reality because in games we have cheats and mods. But, even though that may be the case sometimes, I like for my Sims to work hard and earn their stuff too great feeling because you are in a sense playing yourself or alter ego.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    - Having my kids grow up and realise that they look like one of their relatives.
    - When it's snowing or raining, especially in San Myshuno for some reason.
    - My sims celebrating holidays and inviting family to celebrate with them.
    - My sims entering a new stage in life. Growing up, weddings, babies, etc.

I'm a big family player, can you tell?
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Toddlers. This game's toddlers are the best. They're adorable, realistic, even when they're angry or sad, I love them.
    LiELF wrote: »

Don't judge me.

That is amazing and brings me warm feelings reading. I adore my supernatural families too.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    - When it's raining outside and my sims are dry and cozy inside.
    - Seeing my sims grow from a baby to an adult.
    - Really chubby cats.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com