Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Will Your Sims Spend This Halloween?

It's The Month of Spooky!

Planning a night of in-game mischief? Or, any totally cool costume parties? What will your Sims be up to this Halloween?

Me-
This year I'll be partying with my Sims in Barnacle Bay at the local watering hole. My household will host the party, provide plenty of good food for them to munch on. While the venue will provide plenty of space for dancing, socializing, drinking and getting rowdy (hopefully they won't get rowdy)!

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Sounds like fun. Post pics :smile:

I guess I'll ignore it. Halloween is something typically American, and I usually forget about it.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @Turjan - Definitely will post pics on this thread. I already have my party set-up done because I'm not playing that world at the moment. I will rotate back to it just for the occasion :D!

otxodnzau9bmtrj6g.jpg
    mbb6iuxz250fc1w6g.jpg
    boty0jux7qc8fmp6g.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Looks great!
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    My sims will be living in a new spooky town of my own creation that will be perfect for Halloween. Hopefully, I'll have it ready for Beta Testing by the time the Holiday actually comes around in real life.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967145/mystic-stone-bay-new-monstrous-creepy-beach-town-hopefully-coming-soon
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    It's Autumn in my main game right now so I'll be able to play it in a relevantly festive way, yay. I also planned to make a witch / new SimSelf this month. I might get to play other Supernatural stuff, but I'm taking that slowly. I actually prefer autumn harvest, costumes, candy, etc. to scary things. Not into the scary stuff, but I love the Samhain FUN. <3 Ex: I like dark/cool vampires but dislike horror, creep-outs, etc. Good thing The Sims is spoopy not spooky, of course. :D

I've already had a Sim make a jack-o-lantern from a pumpkin she got at the festival, but that was September our time. My Sims and I are busy with other things, though. Life stuff!
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    72647296_389028058688119_263146397048504320_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQnfBwXtl8zOy9l9h6PxqdH07h2xJZWPYSGQzObP9QqE15q52nGIEZ7EgKKndhUV0ahpQPcWftYslqJKOQDQg0VZ&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=35137b9a367ad025274a226b86e02471&oe=5E3B68A1

71665349_389028228688102_7223376522122362880_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQnu0FT8cxYZUonFsicMF5Iw5K9tQl_ol_jgMuqQu4fYjgqZoXUCBR3ky8S00Ld7C-waMvYhuDnY2Y0oxUL9OaW8&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=181b3a60e614f8c91186e9d0ee6d7a84&oe=5E295E50
    Mine already celebrated halloween as it was spooky day in my game.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I belong to a generation that really doesn't mark Halloween. It is very much an American event which has been semi adopted in the UK. When I was more of an age to enjoy Halloween the focus was on Guy Fawkes's Night which is celebrated on 5th November. In some ways it is a far more gruesome remembrance as it commemorates a real event. The fate of the plotters was awful but they had just tried to destroy the Mother of Parliaments and the King.

In real life we would have a bonfire with a dummy Guy on top, usually made from straw and dressed in old clothes. There would be fireworks and baked potatoes cooked in the base of the fire. I can recreate the bonfire in game and the fireworks. That could be fun to do but what would I use for a Guy?
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Don't know... Halloween already passed in my game and it's winter now. Time sure flies, huh?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    @Turjan - Thanks :).

@Damienf519 - That's so cool to have your own world! Good Luck with the Beta testing. Hope your Sims have a Happy Halloween.

@SimmerLella - I don't care for horror things myself. I like to create my Sim's costumes and generally theme them for fun instead of horror. For my very first Halloween party for this game (2012), I used items from the store and base game as costumes. After that, I just go with whatever I find fun or colorful at the time.

2012:
    5emynmphi58l4v56g.jpg

2016:
    xuuhcr2s9kbg4gq6g.jpg

2017:
    03avj831d7xiunw6g.jpg

@meerkattime - I hope your Simmies have the best Halloween :)!

@GraceyManor - Hope your Simmies got more Treats than Tricks :)! Love the costumes.

@Bettyboop55 - True, the torture methods in the time of Guy Fawkes was indeed horrible. The man was literally broken. Although, the Gunpowder Plot Failed, some would say it was Divine intervention which saved him from further horrors in the end. Even though, after his mortal life had ended, his body was still quartered (as custom dictated). I don't know what could be used to represent Guy Fawkes. If Sims had the ability to burn clothing (without a Sim in them), I would suggest an outfit representing the time period.

@rubywalker - Yes. Yes, it does :D! I time my Sims Halloween closer to the real world date (just more fun for me), so I've got a while before my Sims get to party.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @Damienf519 - That's so cool to have your own world! Good Luck with the Beta testing. Hope your Sims have a Happy Halloween.

Oh they will, at least the ones that I want to have a happy Halloween. Wah ha ha! >:)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I don't have seasons installed in my game, so I rarely bother with the holidays right now. Perhaps I will at least have my sims host a costume party.
    @bekkasan - I don't have any of the expansions installed in my game. I don't use the holidays which came with Seasons, I prefer to create my own ;).
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I am trying to get my sims to go trick or treating but I can't get them to do it. It always cancels out on me. My adults have a party but kids are bored to death.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Probably nothing this year. I have literally come back on the forums after months of not having my computer due to us getting a extension. Hopefully soon we can get the computer up and running soon
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
    @bluzka65 - When my household which has children in it hosts a Halloween party (and some other types of parties), I invite a couple of the kids friends so they will have someone to play and interact with on their level. Maybe this is something you might want to try? Just a suggestion :).

@xxnearlyperfectx - Here's hoping the best for you in getting your PC to running, again. Hopefully, you'll be back in game very soon!
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited October 2019
    I haven't planned anything yet, but I will probably take a series of pics of my great-grandsims. They haven't decorated for Halloween yet, but they are slowly getting in the mood by watching really scary horror movies in the basement. :o

hlOc1ey.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Hmm... I don't know. I don't tend to celebrate Halloween in-game. Despite it being one of my favourite days IRL. I'm usually too busy planning a novel for NaNoWriMo in November and trying to get sims story stuff dealt with around that and don't really focus on trying to put something together for the holiday. This year is especially rough as I'm just getting my laptop back in working order after like 3 months or so. It's still not 100% yet (I just need a battery now but this is the WORST process of the last 3 months) and I have to be cautious until then so I'm not doing much that takes effort that I don't want to do all over. Though hopefully, I'm only a couple days away from being completely up and running. But then it's just a lot of novel planning needed and some attempts to get a blog post or two out because I'm hopelessly behind.

But it is probably the only year my kiddos will be trick-or-treating age together so it might be nice to let them go out and trick-or-treat. Maybe decorate the house up a bit, I loooovveeeee decorating their home up. I guess I *could* make one of the blog updates I need to do Halloween themed. I dunno. It has been a long time since I've celebrated any holidays in my game, too (besides laptop issues it's been a hectic year where I've hardly played anyway) and I do love celebrating the holidays in my game so I miss it. I dunno, I'm just at the mercy of my laptop here (and Canada Post who is doing IDK what with my precious battery. So I'm doomed). We'll just have to see.

I do love coming around the forums to see how others celebrate Halloween with their game, though.
    @Cororon - Be certain to post screenies :)!

@dreamerz13 - You certainly have a full plate before you! Hope your PC issues get sorted and things normalize for you. I have to pre-plan all of my in-game events and then schedule them for a time in my RL when I will be able to (hopefully) play them. For instance, my Halloween game this year is scheduled for the 26th of the month when I should be able to devote some RL time to enjoying it.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I love this theme and do hop into game to play around this time of the year I think in part because I live next door to one of the sweetest 5 year olds I have ever met so as she has been growing up we all get into theme in RL so she can have a great time but honestly in RL as in my games any excuse to have a good time is fine by me :)

The pics posted already are fab and i hope to see more :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @DeafSimmer

Its weird but I have never used pose player (I intend to at some point-) I always use the animation player so my sims can dance from being toddlers into adults and find that so much fun to do :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    It's The Month of Spooky!

Planning a night of in-game mischief? Or, any totally cool costume parties? What will your Sims be up to this Halloween?

Me-
    This year I'll be partying with my Sims in Barnacle Bay at the local watering hole. My household will host the party, provide plenty of good food for them to munch on. While the venue will provide plenty of space for dancing, socializing, drinking and getting rowdy (hopefully they won't get rowdy)!

Spooky Day has passed in my game, but my couple got engaged on Spooky Day!!(see current profile pic, which may change by the time you see this.)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @HillyBeth - Congratulations :)!
  • TeamAngryTomTeamAngryTom Posts: 18 Member
    I made Sabrina from CAOS, I'm sure she'll be getting up to some kind of trouble ;)