Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nraas Keeps Resetting My Horses

So I have Overwatch and ErrorTrap installed along with Master Controller and Story Progression. I have two foals inside a fence that I've locked the gate for pets so that they stay inside. Constantly ErrorTrap is resetting the horses because they get the thought bubbles above their head that they can't move (when I know they can). How can I prevent Nraas mods from resetting horses in this situation? I don't mind it resetting stuck sims but it's annoying that it's resetting the horses. Should I make the fenced in area bigger maybe?
angrycat.gif

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    They are considering the horses as "unroutable" because the horse wants to go somewhere other than the fenced in area and it can't because the gate's locked.So after awhile it becomes "unroutable" and the mod resets them.the mod is doing what its suppose to do.

I could be wrong though, so I'll tag @igazor and they might have a better answer or suggestion.
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Yes I'm assuming to that is what is going on. I understand it's doing what it's programmed to do. I just want to turn it off for the horses and allow it to continue to maintain the neighborhood if possible.
    angrycat.gif
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Well, if you don't let the NRAAS mods reset your horses, the problem won't magically go away. Unfortunately, you have something that attracts your horses outside of their enclosement, and this will cause your game to continually try to move them there, regardless of any NRAAS mods. This will produce lag. The only solution is to remove whatever attracts the horses.
    They just want to run all over for exercise, that's all that I can see. I feel like their fenced in area is large enough...but maybe not. I don't know
    angrycat.gif
    Do you have a screenshot of the lot? They do require a lot of space and freedom.Usually I keep my horses on a separate lot from my home.
    How do you keep your horses on a separate lot? How can you own two lots?
    angrycat.gif
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    In your phone's settings, under Real Estate, there's an option to purchase a second home.
    Thank you, I might purchase the lot right next door then.
    angrycat.gif
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    When you chose to let your horses stay at the lot next to your home lot, you should consider to use this mod as well, otherwise the horses will get home or get stuck again!
    http://modthesims.info/d/587102/no-autonomous-go-home-for-horses.html
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    On the original question though, many of us consider it an undocumented "best practice" to not allow Overwatch to reset stuck sims of any kind automatically. We want the stuck reports so we can focus the game camera on the supposedly route-stuck sims, see what the actual problem is, and fix it. By the time sims are reset, they are already in a safe place and probably not anywhere near where the problem area was.

NRaas > Overwatch > Settings > Stuck Check > True (this is the default)
    NRaas > Overwatch > Settings > Stuck Check Auto Reset > False (this is not the default)

But for actively controlled sims, horses or otherwise, it sounds like something else is causing this. If it's really ErrorTrap resetting these sims and not Overwatch then ErrorTrap should be generating script error logs at the time. We would need to see these logs to see what they are saying. Are we sure it's really ErrorTrap doing this? Can you take active control the foals when this happens to see what it is they are trying to do autonomously? It could be something simple like their needs inside that enclosure are not being met. Or maybe they miss your human sims and are trying to but cannot get closer to them. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    starguru wrote: »
    In your phone's settings, under Real Estate, there's an option to purchase a second home.

I buy a blank lot and build a barn.I also use a mod that allows boarding horses on community lots
    Thank you everyone for helping. I decided in the end to redesign my home lot to accommodate the two foals and it's much better no issues. Thank you =)
    angrycat.gif