Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    Obviously, the maze represents the miles of paperwork and red tape to be found in CIty Hall! ;)
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    FORUM ID: Mikkiness
    ORIGIN ID: PrettyPuzzle
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Civic Cliffs
    NEW LOT LINK: Web-gallery seems to be down for me atm, but it should be available either by searching prettypuzzle (there's no CC at all this time) or through the in-game gallery. I've got torun out for a bit, but I'll try add a link this evening if it's playing nice by then.
    LOT COST: 2k
    GALLERY COST: 178,952
    TOTAL COST: 180,952
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I can explain how my city hall for #BNS128 became a hedge maze. What I can't really explain is how it become a loving take on a labyrinthine underworld*. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this Whimsyville entry evoking the halls of the dead.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    None!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Ip7jTnf.png
    t87RzUl.png

*Probably we can blame my desire to make a Dread Gazebo reference, though.

image.png
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Woo, got it done! Hopefully, I can upload and slideshow it by midnight. *fingers crossed*
    86KkboL.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    edited October 2019
    Woo, got it done! Hopefully, I can upload and slideshow it by midnight. *fingers crossed*
    86KkboL.png

It looks so great! And just this once, it won't matter if you don't finish by midnight, you can still share it later.

ETA: Think I started something with that rainbow, lol. :)
    image.png
  • ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    I'm going to miss the deadline, but I'm still working on it! My week exploded :( Sorry. Will get it in ASAP.
    TS4.png
    This is how far I've gotten. (That hummingbird took... forever.)
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    FORUM ID: MikkiMikkiMikkiM
    ORIGIN ID: MikkiMikkiMikkiM
    LEVEL: Beginner
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Beech Byway
    NEW LOT LINK: I don't know how to link to this, as the gallery insists I used CC, which I didn't, but it doesn't show up in the web gallery now. But the name is Whimsyville Museum in the gallery.
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 63,194
    TOTAL COST: 65,194
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Click
    ENTRY DETAILS: This museum's exterior was inspired by the painter Piet Mondriaan. On the ground floor you find a toilet, place to hang your coat, and a little gift shop area for souvenirs. The large wall gets used by local artists to showcase their work through murals. You exit in the back, through a little coffee nook. First floor is sculptures + toilets, second floor is paintings, and then there's a loft/third floor for workshops.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure ^_^
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Pdeqwdf.png

EiQoM5m.png
    litsgow.png

QbMDZcJ.png

SKlvDt0.png
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2019
    SimTresa wrote: »
    It looks so great! And just this once, it won't matter if you don't finish by midnight, you can still share it later.

ETA: Think I started something with that rainbow, lol. :)

Thanks! My night turned upside down...my daughter had an anxiety attack, and I've been up all night with her, instead. :( I'll get this posted ASAP!

ETA: Can you believe I didn't know that shelf had that option until I placed it? XD I was wondering where everyone was getting the pretty, true-colored rainbow, and I was like, "Eh, I'll settle for the pastel one from the kids room shelf." I clicked on it with the color-changer, thinking, "Man, too bad I can't change thi.....whaaaaaaaaaat?!" LOL I never knew that shelf had more than one option. XD
    Post edited by SimsIslandheart on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png

This project will be moved to another thread later today where you can continue to claim and share your whimsical builds :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Jlk7oGK.png

Everyone has gone home for the evening, and you are about to close up when two people rush up to the door and knock. You recognize the young woman who you talked to in the park, but the man you cannot place. You open the door wide, saying, “You just caught me! Come in, please”
    “We won’t take up much of your time then, “ says the lady as they sqeeze in. “My name is Avery Schwing, and I teach the children who were collecting for the senior sims. This is the journalist who agreed to help our cause, Mack Riccardi. He did a segment on our cause last night on the local news, and we have had an overwhelming response! People are even calling from other areas and donating!”
    “I sent the story to a few friends in other cities and countries,” Mack says modestly. “It seems to have gone viral.” He smiles.
    “We came to hand over the first check for materials and labor,” Miss Schwing explains, handing you a very generous check. “I expect we will have even more in a few days.”
    “Wow!” you exclaim at the size of the check. “This is far more than I even thought possible!”
    “The news station is also getting calls of people wanting to help with the building, including skilled laborers offering plumbing, electrical, and heating and cooling installations,” Mack adds. “What should I tell them?”
    “Send them out to the construction sites, and we will find work for everyone,” you assure them, feeling the tears coming into your eyes. “We have many more houses to build!”

The Brief:
    *choose ONE of the three senior sims couples to build a house for, making to sure include all their needs/wants in the build.
    *to prevent future flooding, the houses need to be built on stilts or foundations at least 8 steps high. No basements, please.
    *since the houses were near the river, try to have a water view (ocean or river ) or add a strip of water down one side of the property.
    *The budget is $125,000

*Gunter and Norberaht Ausman—they need a master bedroom and ensuite, a guest bedroom, a guest bathroom, a study, a large kitchen, and a separate living space. They like to chart the stars at night. They prefer modern styles.
    *Candy Noren and Sofia Banks—they need two master bedrooms with ensuites, a half bath, a small library, and a kitchen/living room combination. They both like to garden. Candy prefers classical design while Sofia hates any shade of brown.
    *Mikael and Birgitta Olsson—they need a master bedroom with ensuite, a separate bathroom for guests, a craft room, a man cave, and a combination kitchen/living room. Mikael likes fishing and sports while Birgitta loves floral designs.

The Room Challenge:
    *create a master bedroom room combination for ANY of the three senior sims couples listed.

The Sims Challenge:
    *create the senior sims couple you chose to build for (or any of the three if you are not doing the build challenge). Show them enjoying their new home. Include their likes and skills where applicable. Also show pictures of their clothes.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    CHALLENGE #128 – WHIMSYVILLE (COMMUNITY LOT/PET CEMETERY)

FORUM ID: xamira99
    ORIGIN ID: xamira99
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Furry Friends Cemetery
    LOT COST: $2,500
    LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent
    GALLERY COST: $122,128
    TOTAL COST: $124,628
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Furry Friends Cemetery
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Furry Friends Cemetery is a perfect final resting for your furry friends. It provides a service for your beloved pets at a small chapel within the cemetery.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Not Applicable
    TWITTER TAG: @xamira_99
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Not Applicable
    TUMBLR LINK: Not Applicable
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    kQw5UNy.png
    thdiHiO.png

p/s: I'm sorry for posting this late.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited October 2019
    @xamira99 I love your cemetery. It looks really great!

@Zayven That build looks absolutely awesome and it is so incredibly detailed. Please finish it! I would love to see the end result.
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @Talea12345 Image searches are always great for inspiration, maybe see if "island modern" or something along those lines gives you more ideas? You're certainly headed in the right direction.

Kitchens are generally the most terrifyingly expensive part of a build, so it's good to have that done. As you go, you can see if there are walls or windows you don't need.
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    @xamira99 Absolutely stunning! It has that perfect haunting but whimsical and beautiful feel.
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @BuildnShare Tricky!! My first thought was 'oh but I've done this'....then started to think how I can do this differently - not easy! Got my mind properly whirling, love it :)

So while the cogs are turning I've been catching up on the last builds:

@Mikkiness Gnome More Tears is fab (climbing walls to get in, genius!) but that City Hall.....your imagination is a beautiful dark and twisty place haha! Really clever work and that slideshow is surreal joy, had me in stitches all the way through :D<3

@SimTresa I didn't realise from your first shots but you made a mail box!! Your Toy Box is still my favourite but this is such a cute idea :)

@Rostri-Jodu I'm definitely screaming for ice cream after that! Amazing work from start to finish, can I eat ice cream while I skate too?? Loved your slideshow too <3

@Archer_Girl That's awful news, I hope the medication effects are calming down some. I'll look forward t seeing your build when you've been able to finish it :)

@Zayven That is absolutely amazing!! Even if you don't fill the inside please upload your entry anyway, I want to put that on every map just to brighten every world view!

@MikkiMikkiMikkiM I love Mondrian's work, so clever to use it as inspiration for your museum. Big fan over your oversized bunny statues too!

@xamira99 You've managed to do whimsy and eerie at the same time, that's a pretty impressive feat!

• matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    @Zayven OMG! That's so awesome! I need that in my whimsyville <3
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited October 2019
    Thank you @Talea12345 Your WIP is kinda cool. It does gives the modern feel especially with the glass roof.

Thank you @sgemm Glad that you like it! :D

Thank you so much @AliSim19 :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    @BuildnShare "Candy prefers classical design while Sofia hates any shade of brown."

Does this mean Neo-Classical/Greek Revival/Colonial etc., or your basic cookie cutter type home?

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #129: Solving the Seniors Situation Pt II

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B7CDDB58EC2411E988E6FCF935A43D40?category=all&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=weekly&amp;searchquery=siesta key&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Siesta Key BnS129
    GALLERY COST: 116,325
    BUILD COST: 120,525

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Well, I thought I had one ready... and then imgur only uploaded one image :neutral: so I guess I have to start all over again. I think I'm officially giving up on imgur after this
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/134740023@N04/albums/72157711289225491

DETAILS: Gunter and Norberaht Ausman's home

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    48880849196_4d36260c1f_h.jpg
    48880854646_4f273d6514_h.jpg
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    @Talea12345 I love your build! The attention to detail is amazing. The Ausmans' can really enjoy the view! The bar, the night sky, wow! Very cute detail with the device to help going up stairs. hehe
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @Talea12345 Your build came together beautifully! I especially love your outdoor kitchen. We have so many bars in the game, but your build made me wish for a swim up that'd insert into a pool or hang off a dock (I also would like a more modern globe bar.)
    @matchmaker Thank you!

@wendy yes, I am quite hap5oy with how it turned out. I don't know how often I've wanted to place different objects in a pool... the pool where I live has like launge chairs in the water, which are quite fun to hang around on. Or jets under water. Or - like you said - a bar.....

ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #129 - Solving the Seniors Situation Pt II

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A1AF5FABECD211E980EF303966EC7D90?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 30.688

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134740023@N04/albums/72157711300161277

ENTRY DETAILS: The Ausman's combined bedroom/bathroom.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

TWITTER TAG: /
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: /
    TUMBLR LINK: /

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    48884595287_39958dad84_h.jpg
    48884595937_bb3f44f7f2_h.jpg
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member

CHALLENGE #128 - Whimsyville (Community Lot)

JINGLE PLACE

FORUM ID: saturnspoon
    ORIGIN ID: Archer_Girl
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Newcrest - Twin Oracle Point
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FA0A5B91ED3A11E98F30303966EC7D90?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 8,500
    GALLERY COST: 156,603
    TOTAL COST: 165,103
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Ze6mpMM
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Zoned as a cafe, this is the merriest place in Newcrest and offers great opportunities to make memories for your Sims. Enjoy shopping in the gift shop, twirl on our ice rink until your hearts content and enjoy warm beverages and food in the upstairs cafe. Feel free to trim some of our trees. We have a bigger-than-life tree with a train. Inside the tree, kiddos can have their pics made with Santa and there is the Blue Christmas Lounge for those needing a break from the merry-making.

YSPWFzo.png
    mw9Scko.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Archer_Girl So glad you persevered with this! That tree is fab, but you just won my heart with that train track 💖 the whole build and slideshow are such good fun, I can’t wait until it’s Christmas for Sims!!
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Thank you, @AliSim19 ! I appreciate your kind feedback!
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    @Talea12345 Lovely entry. So many times , when I see builds on the water like that, I get more and more antsy about a sale, so I can get that pack, and this instance is no exception. I love the views, the style, the placement, the...the ....everything. Well done. =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top