Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for University Nov 15th?

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    It will never be like TS3 University Life.

How could you send 8 different Sims to 8 different parties?

why would we want to ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    no
    no no no no
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    yes
    I am SO excited. This was my biggest want ATM. Univ. in TS3 was probably my second favourite EP (after Seasons) so I think it would take something seriously crazy to make me unhappy with it.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    yes
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    I need more information. I was really wanting a school pack for all ages. I wanted the sims 4 to do something different or a twist on a pack that had been in the previous games. This would give the sims 4 an advantage because It wouldn't just be focusing on one age group but a variety of age groups. Every time I see a way for the sims 4 to improve their game they fall extremely short and it's disheartening. I really wanted this game to be the best but pack after pack has been disappointing.

In both Sims 2 and Sims 3, YA Sims, Adult Sims, and Elder Sims could all attend University.

Exactly. My point is the sims 4 could have been different and took a different route on an old expansion pack that has been made multiple times and put a fresh spin on things. That's how you bring in more people. I don't want to keep buying the same packs for all the games over and over again. We need a fresh take on older expansions that people love.

Not true. In Sims 2 only teens can go to Uni. The only way they get to enjoy YA life stage is go to Uni. They spend their entire YA stage in Uni until they graduate - then they turn adult and leave Uni. If they leave Uni before they graduate they cannot go back in Sims 2.

Sims 3 was totally different - they can go to Uni as much as they want - any time after they graduate from high school - Ya's, ads, and elders. The whole concept is the school of higher learning and very different from Sims 2.

I actually like both Uni's but sort of favor Sims 2 Uni the most.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    yes
    CK213 wrote: »
    I can finally say goodbye to N.E.P.S. :D

neps whats that @CK213

I believe it's New Expansion Pack Syndrome when you get excited for a new pack.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    yes
    I frankly can’t wait! I’ve always love Seasons and University best.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    yes
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    I need more information. I was really wanting a school pack for all ages. I wanted the sims 4 to do something different or a twist on a pack that had been in the previous games. This would give the sims 4 an advantage because It wouldn't just be focusing on one age group but a variety of age groups. Every time I see a way for the sims 4 to improve their game they fall extremely short and it's disheartening. I really wanted this game to be the best but pack after pack has been disappointing.

In both Sims 2 and Sims 3, YA Sims, Adult Sims, and Elder Sims could all attend University.

Exactly. My point is the sims 4 could have been different and took a different route on an old expansion pack that has been made multiple times and put a fresh spin on things. That's how you bring in more people. I don't want to keep buying the same packs for all the games over and over again. We need a fresh take on older expansions that people love.

Not true. In Sims 2 only teens can go to Uni. The only way they get to enjoy YA life stage is go to Uni. They spend their entire YA stage in Uni until they graduate - then they turn adult and leave Uni. If they leave Uni before they graduate they cannot go back in Sims 2.

Sims 3 was totally different - they can go to Uni as much as they want - any time after they graduate from high school - Ya's, ads, and elders. The whole concept is the school of higher learning and very different from Sims 2.

I actually like both Uni's but sort of favor Sims 2 Uni the most.

I hope it’s any age (YA to E) that can go any time and as many times as they want. I want to simulate (😉) my Sims getting their degree then a masters or something.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    yes

neps whats that @CK213

Ooh yes. :D
    [Rubs hands together]
    I have a thread dedicated to it: N.E.P.S.: A simmer mind state
    There is P.E.P.S.
    (Pre Expansion Pack Syndrome)

Well I think I have N.E.P.S. :#
    (Nonexistent Expansion Pack Syndrome)

The symptoms?
    07-02-16_10-10-21nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

N.E.P.S. Symptom #1:
    You have your game the way you want it and you love it.

07-02-16_10-48-16nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

However, you can't get yourself to play it because it doesn't have the expansion pack features you need yet.
    07-02-16_10-51-10nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

Your sims are great, but you don't want waste your sims on the game as it is.
    07-02-16_10-57-57nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

N.E.P.S. Symptom #2:
    You don't want to experience any other content like Dining Out and Kids Room Stuff until you can play your sims the way you want.
    07-02-16_10-58-15nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

N.E.P.S. Symptom #3:
    So you don't really play.
    All you do is check out what the latest patch has added, or try out new mods, or CC.

07-02-16_6-21-16nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

N.E.P.S. Symptom #4:
    Or you simply visit the game from time to time because you miss your sims.

07-02-16_10-59-45nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

N.E.P.S. Symptom #5:
    You take pictures, mess about...

07-02-16_11-00-48nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

And then you exit without saving because you don't have Generations, or whatever unannounced pack you desperately need. (University!)
    07-02-16_11-01-25nbspPM.png

This is related to N.E.F.S.
    (Nonexistent Expanded Features Syndrome)

There is also N.E.G.S.
    (Nonexistent Expected Game-play Syndrome) but, let's not go there.
    07-02-16_3-46-13nbspPM.png

It's a 7 page journey documenting my battle with NEPS.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/892841/n-e-p-s-a-simmer-mind-state-fame-neps-triggered-pg-6/p1
    I expected it to end with the arrival of University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited September 2019
    yes

neps whats that @CK213

[Rubs hands together]
    There is P.E.P.S.
    (Pre Expansion Pack Syndrome)

Well I think I have N.E.P.S. :#
    (Nonexistent Expansion Pack Syndrome)

The symptoms?
    07-02-16_10-10-21nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

N.E.P.S. Symptom #1:
    You have your game the way you want it and you love it.

07-02-16_10-48-16nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

However, you can't get yourself to play it because it doesn't have the expansion pack features you need yet.
    07-02-16_10-51-10nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

Your sims are great, but you don't want waste your sims on the game as it is.
    07-02-16_10-57-57nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

N.E.P.S. Symptom #2:
    You don't want to experience any other content like Dining Out and Kids Room Stuff until you can play your sims the way you want.
    07-02-16_10-58-15nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

N.E.P.S. Symptom #3:
    So you don't really play.
    All you do is check out what the latest patch has added, or try out new mods, or CC.

07-02-16_6-21-16nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

N.E.P.S. Symptom #4:
    Or you simply visit the game from time to time because you miss your sims.

07-02-16_10-59-45nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

N.E.P.S. Symptom #5:
    You take pictures, mess about...

07-02-16_11-00-48nbspPM%20-%20Copy.png

And then you exit without saving because you don't have Generations, or whatever unannounced pack you desperately need. (University!)
    07-02-16_11-01-25nbspPM.png

This is related to N.E.F.S.
    (Nonexistent Expanded Features Syndrome)

There is also N.E.G.S.
    (Nonexistent Expected Game-play Syndrome) but, let's not go there.
    07-02-16_3-46-13nbspPM.png

It's a 7 page journey documenting my battle with NEPS.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/892841/n-e-p-s-a-simmer-mind-state-fame-neps-triggered-pg-6/p1
    I expected it to end with the arrival of University.

100% relatable
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It will never be like TS3 University Life.

How could you send 8 different Sims to 8 different parties?

why would we want to ?

Why?

Some people like that challenge of multitasking ourselves.

I am a skilled player. I can switch between different areas in TS3 if I want to so in theory I wouldn't actually have that many Sims on different lots anyway but it works when you have Sims in different classes in University Life. I will rotate between each Sim to see what they are doing while things are quiet
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    aprilrose wrote: »

neps whats that @CK213

I believe it's New Expansion Pack Syndrome when you get excited for a new pack.

Excited for a new pack when the last pack was released little more than a week before the previous?

I think that some players like talking about new content than when they actually play it. Maybe I am just old fashioned though but I remember when we got PEPS (not used that term in years though) and afterwards you would talk about that pack only for at least two months afterwards.

All about having content that keeps you engaged trough game play after it has been released rather than new content to distract you from boredom in between packs.

New EPs really where worth the wait a few years back!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @CK213 wrote: »

neps whats that @CK213

[Rubs hands together]

My comments to your thread in July 2016! :D:no_mouth:
    Don't forget PEPA or Pre Expansion Pack Anxiety

I have seen this a few times in the past myself although I have never suffered from it, I can imagine there will be an increase in players with this syndrome once the next EP gets announced

If they announce Generations, or Seasons, I'm sure I will experience it. :D

It would make some interesting reading if they did, at least for the Generations part.

Just imagine if they announce a Generations EP without toddlers though, the amount of popcorn being sold would be record breaking! :open_mouth:

Who remembers what life was like before TS4 had toddlers? :cold_sweat:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    no
    I knew we would get it sooner or later wishing it would be later. I think University is sooo boring I wish we would get something else anything besides University.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    other
    I am excited about the idea but I have to wait and see. If only one household can go to University at a time then it will be another let down like every pack this year for me.

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    other
    I am neutral towards the theme of the pack.
    I hope they include SOMETHING, ANYTHING, for children, toddlers, elders, and teens. It is getting a bit ridiculous in my opinion the lack of attention to other life stages and to family players.
    It is also an EP and I can't get behind an EP for TS4 from the get go because I don't trust their content. There are always restrictions and cuts and they never feel worth paying full price for.
    I always get excited, and then eventually dissapointed with EPs in TS4. So, after 5 years, I finally learned not to jump into the hype train just yet.
    On the other hand, I am very happy for all the simmers that really wanted this specific theme. I know the University crowd is super excited, so I am excited for them. That's why I voted "other" and not "no".
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    yes
    I am just happy to see Uni coming - which ever version they have. It will still be it's own version so even if I liked the first one better before - whose to say - this one might be the best yet like toddlers were the best , and Vamps and spellcasters - so yes just glad Uni is coming.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    yes
    yes, but i fear them screwing it up. I don't want another half baked pack like Island living with only the shallowest of features. So i'll probably wait with buying.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • KafeleKafele Posts: 17 Member
    yes
    University was my favorite pack of Sims 3 so I am really excited to see how this one shapes up.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    yes
    It's seeming more and more likely that this will really be coming out in November! I'm thrilled!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    no
    It's great for those wanting it, and my computer says "no" to all the remaining packs anyway, and I won't mind skipping Uni. I'm 5% excited to learn what the pack offers on the side though, as most packs come with some extras, aside the main theme.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    no
    No cause it's TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    yes
    No cause it's TS4.

Then why are you in the TS4 section of the forums? Go to the TS3/2/1 sections instead.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2019
    no
    No cause it's TS4.

Then why are you in the TS4 section of the forums? Go to the TS3/2/1 sections instead.

Why exactly? It simply was an answer to the question.

If you like the Sims 4, fine, go ahead. But telling people who don't like Sims 4 to just go away and keep their mouth shut, is uncalled for.

If people aren't being critical of the game, nothing will ever change. If you only want to see positive people praising the game and every table and chair they release, don't come to the forums instead. *sigh*

If you don't consider the Sims 4 a lackluster mess, that's fine, but there are plenty of us who do. That doesn't make us less of a member of the community and it doesn't make our concerns and opinions invalid.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    yes
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    No cause it's TS4.

If you like the Sims 4, fine, go ahead. But telling people who don't like Sims 4 to just go away and keep their mouth shut, is uncalled for.

If people aren't being critical of the game, nothing will ever change. If you only want to see positive people praising the game and every table and chair they release, don't come to the forums instead. *sigh*

If you don't consider the Sims 4 a lackluster mess, that's fine, but there are plenty of us who do. That doesn't make us less of a member of the community and it doesn't make our concerns and opinions invalid.

Let’s be fair, just saying ‘no, it’s Sims4’ is not actually criticism. There’s nothing clear or constructive in it.

Of course everyone may be critical. That’s the only way to let EA know how we feel.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2019
    no
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    No cause it's TS4.

Let’s be fair, just saying ‘no, it’s Sims4’ is not actually criticism. There’s nothing clear or constructive in it.

Of course everyone may be critical. That’s the only way to let EA know how we feel.

I get what you are saying, but it was a direct answer to the question though.

I am just really tired of people telling other members of the community to ''just leave'' if they don't like the game thus making them look like irrelevant members of the community.

The last few packs especially have been imo really lackluster, so for me I am not holding my breath for University to be even any different. So, that's why I am not excited about that EP. (also I never really cared about the Uni EP's, so that doesn't make me any more excited to begin with).

I just can see what is going to happen soon. People (who want University) cranking up expectations and by the time they have the EP in their hands the forums are full of complaints by the same people. Just keep your expectations low, because they don't have a good track record when it comes to pack releases lately.