The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What gives you a "warm feeling" inside when playing?

Since reading on the bored thread in the feedback area, I have been thinking as to why I continue to play each iteration in the franchise and what made me fall in love with it in the first place.

I finally decided to create a post for everyone to share what thing or things in this franchise (From TS1-TS4) that gave and or still gives them that "warm feeling" inside etc.. Now this is not a comparison thread this is just a thread to share what made you fall in love with the franchise and why you continue to love the franchise etc.. Pictures are absolutely welcome if you would love to post.

I will start:

It all started when I went to visit my cousin and she called me over to her computer room to play something called The Sims. I was curious so I joined her and watched her play and the first thing I remember falling in love with was the build mode music. It was so pleasant and it was perfect for building (to this day I still listen to it whenever I'm renovating). After torturing me with playing nonstop, my cousin finally gave me a chance to play and that's when I experienced the gameplay and it's quirkiness and fell in love even more. The whistling of the papergirl so you knew when you newspaper was coming, the heart dropping robbers theme music, the out of control fires, the way sims would kiss to have a baby, the freakingly annoying baby cry and me trying to prevent it from being taken away. Just all of it.

For me the sims franchise has
and will always have a spot in my heart and I'm thankful for it. I have the fondest memories of the utter crazy, quirky, and humourous things I've experienced within this franchise.
"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

Comments

• Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    For me, it's when I'm playing a rags to riches story and the parents can afford to buy a bigger house and can give their kids their own bedrooms. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,067 Member
    For me it's the Sims themselves. I didn't get started until Sims2, which my grown daughter explained was a huge, vastly improved, version of the Sims. I love it for the fact I'm able to create my "own" characters and see them come to life on the screen. As long as the Sims remain their quirky, lively selves, I'm hooked.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    For me, it's when I'm playing a rags to riches story and the parents can afford to buy a bigger house and can give their kids their own bedrooms. :)

I need to try rags to riches I have yet to try that with my sims. I heard it can be a lot of fun 😊
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I really loved seeing the cutscenes for the Sims 2 to highlight all the Sims first events like getting married and their first woohoo and their first alien baby. Plus watching each of the memories progress with each of my Sims and building the story and personality for each one with the Sims 2 was really nice. I loved the aspiration failures and when things just go wrong or you forget to add a ladder. It just is so relatable and heart warming to me just to see the Sims fail and fail again and finally succeed at something and then fail again. Seeing Sims truly scared by ghosts or see their emotions on their faces when someone dies and then having the memory of that passed away Sim later on was heart warming too. I loved watching all their dreams as they slept too and having them cuddle with each other and read together in bed. I remember with Sims Vacation watching my Sims families play volleyball together for hours and enjoying playing the Whack-a-Will game together. The goosing between Sims, cuddling and woohooing on the bear rug. The struggle to gain skills to get enough money for scholarships so that they would have enough to pay for food and their apartment or dorm. Watching the Sims play in a band together. Watching Sims grow up, learn to drive, walk with their canes together, taking babies to the beach to watch the sunset. Watching my burglars try to break into the house and have the car alarm go off and scare them, watching the cars pull out of the drive way, and then having my Sims fight with the burglars before the cops got there, calling firefighters to flirt with even if there isn't a fire. Watching Mrs. Crumplebottom whack people with her purse whenever two Sims would makeout. Watching how happy the cage and cake dancers were at parties. Seeing the schoolbuses pick up my Sims kids to go to school and if they miss it, having their parents take them to school. Having Sims train in boot camp and attend private school and daycare. Having occult Sims fall in love in forbidden romances and seeing how beautiful house fires are.

It is just so many things from togetherness between Sims to telling stories to failures to memories to relatable experiences that have made me fall in love with the Sims through the years, inspired me to pursue goals I thought impossible like university, and get me through gallbladder surgery pain where I thought it was going to be the end of the road for my Simming days.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    What do you mean by a warm feeling inside?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    Seeing this in my game gives me warmth....an anxiety type of warmth.

Dyk3kDZ.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HumanBean16HumanBean16 Posts: 4 New Member
    I think it’s a nice form of escapism. I like being able to put the people I’m playing into such a bright and cheerful world.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    When my Sim families become, and remain, genuinely close. My 2nd gen "middle kid" is aged up and moved out on his own, now. But even with all the excitement of his own home and his first serious relationship, I feel heart-warmed when he autonomously thinks of his brothers or parents. They visit, but not too often.

They all do this, all on their own, and my founders are still as in love as the day they married. :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Worramot wrote: »
    What do you mean by a warm feeling inside?
    Olaf explains it the best I think:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnEB2F_v_cE
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Watching my Sim be a Mary Sue and succeed at everything lol
  • Options
    KafeleKafele Posts: 17 Member
    When my Sims have their first child. It's just so sweet to add a new addition to the family and further along the generation.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    If with warm you mean about to burst into flames, then the idle animations and especially the idle chatting (and especially on flirty sims) it's totally ruining my gameplay lately. I can't stand them.
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    More of cold heart feeling when not playing as vampires, not much warm feeling. I never had a warm feeling when playing sims 4 beside playing vampires, just cold heart feeling mostly.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    A bunch of things:
    some of the autonomous actions like parents hugging their kids or couples kissing each other's cheeks or the family sitting down to a meal together
    when a build fits just right and sending a Sim into it proves that it works
    sometimes just knowing that I didn't forget any of the usual suspects in a build (bins, sinks, fridges, etc)
    puppies and kittens stumbling when they run
    toddlers. all about them.
    hitting a goal on an achievement
    seeing a Sim slip in a puddle of mud
    and a lot more small things that happen when I play.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    When my toddlers give their dogs a big cuddle - it always melts my heart <3
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The sound of alien children's voices
    Soulmates cuddling and embracing
    Pretty much everything in TS4 :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited October 2019
    It's the little things, the animations Sims perform that make them seem like actual people. In Sims 2, which I've been playing lately, Sims jiggle their foot when they watch TV, or the clap and snap some do when walking around, or how couples cuddle in bed together and do a bit of pillow talk before sleeping for the night. It's one of the reasons I rarely use FF.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Documenting and looking back on my sims' lives gives me the warmest of fuzzies.

Here are my sims on their first and last date. They were so cute together.
    60oIpGG.png
    U5QV5hC.png

R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Documenting and looking back on my sims' lives gives me the warmest of fuzzies.

Here are my sims on their first and last date. They were so cute together.
    60oIpGG.png
    U5QV5hC.png

Amazing pictures. ❤️

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    The warm fuzzies come when sims find their own pixelated happiness whatever that is.

I agree about liking the little moments.

Happy sims who are cozy together might seem boring to some but I think they are great. I mean, not every household can be like that but even the dysfunctional ones have their moments.

Also, seeing the game come together with various characters that I have played so I'm familiar with them all is fun.

I mean, sure, I'll deal with random stuff, drama and challenges but I like when I've helped sims to figure things out. I don't know, I feel responsible for their pixelated existences.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Usually it's all kinds of stuff I notice while playing that makes me think aww man I love this and it's all over the place and hard to pin down. It's when I take them jogging and different neighborhoods or areas have different sounds and I'm like I didn't remember this. That they track and look at people or other things. How warm it feels in the sim house when I see the frost on the windows and the snow outside... it can be immersive. The shy wave of a toddler to the Flower Bunny. The crying in the shower when sad literally tugs at my heart strings. Just about every time I go into game and I'm right there with my sims playing on the slowest speed it's things like that that pull me in and make me grin.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    don't know if I would use the term "warm feeling inside", there are lots of things that make me enjoy my game and adore my sims, some are cute moments, some are funny for various reasons.
    I love when my grumpy sims are grumpy during happy/friendly interactions/moments, or when my evil sims laugh at the most inappropriate moments, just as much as I love my soulmates finding each other and being sweet to each other on their own, friends and family hanging out and having a good time...
    also what always gets me are the puppies, they are just so darn cute a shame you can't do much with them...also snow and family/friends/partners playin in it...I get a little warm in my heart when I think of winter.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Amazing pictures. ❤️
    Thank you :)
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I love the choices we can have for our sims. Granted with Sims 4 those choices are more than what Origin gives us because of mods, custom traits, jobs, CC etc. But I started playing with the first Sims game. Until Sims 3 each game got much better. Sims 4 is ok but I need to have mods so that the game has what it lacks from previous games in the franchise.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    There's some really gorgeous couple interactions out there! I like seeing my couples hug/kiss when they get home from work or see each other for the first time in the morning.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€