The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just bought Get Famous.. Has anyone noticed fireworks in Del Sol?

I keep hearing fireworks? Is there a reason for this?
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I have seen them but not sure of the reason for the celebration.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,204 Member
    Where exactly in Sol Delhi Valley is the fireworks?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,368 Member
    edited September 2019
    Considering that Del Sol is loosely modeled on LA... are you sure they're fireworks? (And I'd make the same crack about a world modeled on Chicago or New York too.)

On topic, I haven't heard any, but I don't spend a lot of time in Del Sol Valley either.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I saw the fireworks in the distance so I'm assuming they are meant to be fireworks.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I have seen them some nights from Judith ward’s house who has the best view.

I have also seen them from maybe Vanessa Jeong’s house as well when I happened to pan up one night I do believe. One of those houses down in the valley but I am pretty sure it was her house.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I don't really use the world often. never noticed reworks before.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,551 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Where exactly in Sol Delhi Valley is the fireworks?

Mostly in the valley close to the beach but they can show up anywhere. Their best viewed from the Pennticles location.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,551 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Considering that Del Sol is loosely modeled on LA... are you sure they're fireworks? (And I'd make the same crack about a world modeled on Chicago or New York too.)

On topic, I haven't heard any, but I don't spend a lot of time in Del Sol Valley either.

Their fireworks.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,368 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Their fireworks.

It was an apparently easily missed joke about crime rates and large cities. I live close enough to one that I spend a large portion of June wondering if the lone bangs I hear are fireworks or gunshots (not helped by learning about a gun-dealer bust two blocks away.)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,067 Member
    My celebrity Sim frequents the place, mostly when he's rising to fame to secure those lovely celebrity + points. I have yet to hear or see fireworks, but then again he's usually singing his heart out on the Karaoke machine. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LurkingTheForumsLurkingTheForums Posts: 1 New Member
    Del Sol Valley is based on LA. Often after Dodgers games they put on a fireworks show at the stadium (which is in downtown LA) :smile:
  • Options
    WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    Wow I never noticed the fireworks before. I guess I wasn’t paying attention the game music.
  • Options
    GogoTomatoGogoTomato Posts: 17 Member
    I actually hadn't noticed fireworks either, but to be fair I usually play the game with the audio down low or just completely off haha!

As someone who lived in LA for a while, Del Sol Valley definitely has LA vibes to it.

> @DaWaterRat said:
    > Considering that Del Sol is loosely modeled on LA... are you sure they're fireworks? (And I'd make the same crack about a world modeled on Chicago or New York too.)
    >

OHHH MY GOD That made me laugh lol