Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel done

well with this iteration of the sims at least let me explain last month I was playing and I just suddenly thought I have done all this before I mean I was in a newish world but it just all felt like I dunno I am bord with it yes I want uni but after island living I dunno I feel the quality of packs has decreased in recent years. I know the devs say 3more years but it's like who cares? I am sure the Sims 5 will bring me back to the series but I feel done. Does anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I don't know about Sims 5, the way the Sims series has been going, I don't have much hope in it being any better.

I agree with this.

OP I am the same, I want to love this game. I want it to be the best sims game ever (and I’m not saying it’s not for many) but I feel this year has been really poor.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited October 2019
    Well, my best advice to you, is to suggest you find the game (or iteration of the Sims, if you like) that does give you all the pleasure and enjoyment you seek. Personally, while I am disappointed in Island Living, I have really enjoyed most of what's been offered. (Mind you, I don't have Vampires, RoM, or First Pet, but I do have everything else.) Plus, I've been playing with MCCC and Road to Fame, which has allowed me to again, have a singer Sim. I've also added three more mods, Meaningful Stories, Private Practice and Improved Relationships. In a few days I may even install another mod: Life's Tragedies.

I think part of the problem with Sims4 is the lack of burglars, police to catch them, and more frequent random deaths. Like Sims3, it's been dumbed down to not offend someone's eight-year-old, (who likely knows far more than their parents think they do). :open_mouth: This is listed as a game for Teens, after all. What teen do you know who doesn't go to view the latest horror flicks? Innocence is gone in this country. I'm sorry EA is treating those of us who play this game as if we were infants. I'm 64 and very little shocks me anymore.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2019
    I agree, but I won’t say anything more because many of my posts criticizing the game have been censored lately.

Edit: On second thought, I’ll say that I think it’s a wonderful game with no issues whatsoever. Sometimes I wonder what the greater achievement in game development is - this or The Witcher 3.
    Post edited by So_Money on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm happy to keep moving forward with TS4. I enjoy it a lot. I just wish they would fix all the bugs.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    After university yep, feel like content will just be rehash of packs that have already been released. Moschino felt a lot like another fame type clothing pack that has already been done dozens of times already. I did like Island Living and Realms of Magic and think packs in past few years have gotten better than year 2 and 3 of the Sims 4. I do feel like Sims 4 is mostly a child game except with the recent adult shaped designs with realms of magic which make me giggle more than any potty humor has. There is just so much more detail and care put into the Island Living and Realms of Magic neighbors and FX effects than there were for Outdoor Retreat and City Living and I think scaling back on SP has really helped allow more time to work on the details and failures of the larger packs lately. But yep, seen all the most popular ideas done already for the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    After university yep, feel like content will just be rehash of packs that have already been released. Moschino felt a lot like another fame type clothing pack that has already been done dozens of times already. I did like Island Living and Realms of Magic and think packs in past few years have gotten better than year 2 and 3 of the Sims 4. I do feel like Sims 4 is mostly a child game except with the recent adult shaped designs with realms of magic which make me giggle more than any potty humor has. There is just so much more detail and care put into the Island Living and Realms of Magic neighbors and FX effects than there were for Outdoor Retreat and City Living and I think scaling back on SP has really helped allow more time to work on the details and failures of the larger packs lately. But yep, seen all the most popular ideas done already for the Sims 4.

No, actually that has already started since after Get Famous came out.

IL had Sulani's culture advertised as a main big feature and they re-used all of the "cultural" animations and the bonfire from Get Together. They didn't even add the hang loose animation for greetings... what a disappointment. They also didn't add a lot of new recipes for the outdoor banana leaf grill....some are even from the BG if I remember correctly.

RoM spells use GTW's simray feature for the spells.... etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    doogerie wrote: »
    well with this iteration of the sims at least let me explain last month I was playing and I just suddenly thought I have done all this before I mean I was in a newish world but it just all felt like I dunno I am bord with it yes I want uni but after island living I dunno I feel the quality of packs has decreased in recent years. I know the devs say 3more years but it's like who cares? I am sure the Sims 5 will bring me back to the series but I feel done. Does anyone else feel this way?

No. Not at all. I still enjoy all my play sessions. But I play everyone of my households differently than the others... or try to anyway. I keep their life stories as different as possible from each other so it never feels like a repeat.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Sigzy05 wrote: »

IL had Sulani's culture advertised as a main big feature and they re-used all of the "cultural" animations and the bonfire from Get Together. They didn't even add the hang loose animation for greetings... what a disappointment. They also didn't add a lot of new recipes for the outdoor banana leaf grill....some are even from the BG if I remember correctly.

Yeah I am aware of that. City Living used a lot of things from Get to Work even and Get Together with their mechanics with careers and events. So pretty sure it started off early rehashing items. My first pet pack using patterns from Cats and Dogs too, so bad. Really neat hearing all the details about how much of the Sims 4 has actually been rehashed over the past five years with all the packs and patches. Some of the patches I noticed weren't that different from the mods the modding community created too years prior to the patch release.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019

Yeah I am aware of that. City Living used a lot of things from Get to Work even and Get Together with their mechanics with careers and events. So pretty sure it started off early rehashing items. My first pet pack using patterns from Cats and Dogs too, so bad. Really neat hearing all the details about how much of the Sims 4 has actually been rehashed over the past five years with all the packs and patches. Some of the patches I noticed weren't that different from the mods the modding community created too years prior to the patch release.

Maybe but those packs did have new skills and multiple full careers. Which IL did not. And all of the three introduced a new system to the game, even if one was fully patched (lot traits) and again, IL did not include any new system.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Maybe but those packs did have new skills and multiple full careers. Which IL did not. And all of the three introduced a new system to the game, even if one was fully patched (lot traits) and again, IL did not include any new system.
    That's the thing I'll take occults over skills and broken careers the bulk of packs have anyway. IL did include tanning and new weather effects. That's the thing though, fame and money are the prime focus of the Sims 4. How many more packs can people have more careers and more skills be the main focus? There are sometimes I just want to chill and take my Sims outdoors and I can more with IL and RoM. I'm a sandbox player, not a RPG dollhouse player. My Sims feel less lazy getting outside doing actual game play instead of gaining weight working their behinds off or building on their skill only on their own. RoM they can learn magic together. Island Living they can do activities together outside and pretty sure there hasn't been a clean the environment system before. I know Sims 3 had the opposite with dumpster diving. I would have loved having a hang loose and learn the hula I admit with Island Living and being able to actually snorkel under the water and have the game simulate it.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I'm kinda tired of The Sims 4 with all its bugs and bad performance issues. I just want it to be over even tho that is very selfish of me cuz I see a lot of people finally enjoying the game, but I just don't understand how they can enjoy this badly optimized game just cuz they're starting to add in more contebt. 😂😂 Y'all are the real MVPs. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I'm on the edge a lot, I cross it sometimes and then come back. Mods keep me going a lot longer than I normally would though. But even with mods the game isn't as deep as I'd like it to be so I do burn out quite often.
    You're Breathtaking!
    edited October 2019
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm kinda tired of The Sims 4 with all its bugs and bad performance issues. I just want it to be over even tho that is very selfish of me cuz I see a lot of people finally enjoying the game, but I just don't understand how they can enjoy this badly optimized game just cuz they're starting to add in more contebt. 😂😂 Y'all are the real MVPs. 😂

Because not all of us has those bugs you speak of. My pc is newly updated and has no game issues with Sims 4 - i don't use CC, mods or cheats and never see all the things I keep seeing many of you post. Maybe you need to look at your pc - seeing if it was just the game or bad optimization I should have those issues too - and do not. How do you explain that. My game plays like a charm....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited October 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Because not all of us has those bugs you speak of. My pc is newly updated and has no game issues with Sims 4 - i don't use CC, mods or cheats and never see all the things I keep seeing many of you post. Maybe you need to look at your pc - seeing if it was just the game or bad optimization I should have those issues too - and do not. How do you explain that. My game plays like a charm....

I find it laughable you don't see any of the bugs. I have a gaming PC rig that my husband built that well exceeds the game specs and is is a powerhouse machine (he loves to tinker on computers). It is not my computer, it is the terrible programming within the game. I had many game-breaking (to me) bugs playing a strictly vanilla game. So much so, that my game requires mods to fix the all the bugs which will then consider it to be remotely playable. My guess is I have extremely higher standards than you do for all video games. I just know I am not the only one experiencing the bugs which make the game feel unplayable.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

Yes. I agree. TS4 is as close to a perfect piece of software as you can get. The developers should be applauded and (most importantly) respected for their achievement.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    It would be pointless for EA to keep Sims 4 going for 3 more years;EA needs to realize that the longer they keep milking Sims 4,the more people will get sick and tired of it and move on to other games like Paralives. It would be wise or EA to keep Sims 4 going at least till late 2020 or early 2021,then pull the plug on Sims 4 to give us Sims 5. I've pretty much moved on to better games such as Minecraft and the games on the virtual pet sites I'll be so glad when Sims 5 comes out.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I find it laughable you don't see any of the bugs. I have a gaming PC rig that my husband built that well exceeds the game specs and is is a powerhouse machine (he loves to tinker on computers). It is not my computer, it is the terrible programming within the game. I had many game-breaking (to me) bugs playing a strictly vanilla game. So much so, that my game requires mods to fix the all the bugs which will then consider it to be remotely playable. My guess is I have extremely higher standards than you do for all video games. I just know I am not the only one experiencing the bugs which make the game feel unplayable.

I am the same. We have two gaming PC’s. One has an nvidia RTX2080 graphics card. The other an nvidia 1080. Both have excellent processors and can eat this game for breakfast. Ironically they both run the sims 3 beautifully and they run way more demanding games. I loaded up the sims 4 for the first time in ages tonight and the bugs I found from a quick session are:

Lighthouse woohoo doesn’t work. Also saw another simmer mention this.
    Freelance careers don’t always work.
    Photography career doesn’t always work. This one I don’t have as I don’t have the pack but my friend has it and is complaining and I’ve saw people mention it.
    Toddlers and high chairs are still a hot mess.

I’ve saw lots of other people on social media report the same issues.
    Don’t use mods or cc. Two of those bugs I can replicate on console so I know it’s a game issue.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited October 2019

There's nothing wrong with my PC. I don't use mods or CC. I have had played this game on 3 different gaming laptops. I think the game just doesn't run smoothly on laptops. I've read about some people on laptop saying the game stutters especially on camera rotation and also depends on the type of world and lot you are playing on.

It seems the game is smoother on desktop PC from those live streams they do or let's plays. :\ Either way, it's no excuse for the game not to be smooth on gaming laptops that exceed its requirements and can handle other games at 60fps.

I don't know how your game works like a charm but I find it hard to believe when someone says that. Sorry if I am wrong. But I have also asked people who say their game is fine and when I ask them to turn on the fps reading in-game, they say they are getting about only 20-30fps and I'm like, how could you not realize that is not good? -.-

But hey, I'm glad you don't see any performance issues or bugs in your game. Lucky you.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2019

There's nothing wrong with my PC. I don't use mods or CC. I have had played this game on 3 different gaming laptops. I think the game just doesn't run smoothly on laptops. I've read about some people on laptop saying the game stutters especially on camera rotation and also depends on the type of world and lot you are playing on.

It seems the game is smoother on desktop PC from those live streams they do or let's plays. :\ Either way, it's no excuse for the game not to be smooth on gaming laptops that exceed its requirements and can handle other games at 60fps.

I don't know how your game works like a charm but I find it hard to believe when someone says that. Sorry if I am wrong. But I have also asked people who say their game is fine and when I ask them to turn on the fps reading in-game, they say they are getting about only 20-30fps and I'm like, how could you not realize that is not good? -.-

But hey, I'm glad you don't see any performance issues or bugs in your game. Lucky you.

Yeah you could be right about laptops. I only run gaming desktops and stay very well updated as possible. Most people I see with issues do seem to have laps tops so that could be the issue. Sorry to hear you can't enjoy your game.

Well i have an 8 core (runs at 4.5ghz) with a ROG 2060 Nvidia card, 850 watt Corsair power supply and 16 gig of high speed gameing ram.

I don't know in the Sims but in Wolfenstein Youngbloods I was running up to 140fps - faster than I wanted and backed off a bit. My video card is crazy fast. i never considered checking fps in the Sims. LOL. Didn't see it mattering.... I am still getting used to this upgrade...
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited October 2019
    I have bugs but performance hasn't been too bad except with the female CAS lags on me with that has been the focus of releases so far with the Sims 4. I knew ahead just since playing Sims 1 to prepare a computer ahead. Honestly was thanks to SimGuruSteve and former SimGuruChibi I upgrades my computer when they were streaming Overwatch. So I have all three Sims games installed on my computer and I would with the Sims too except it doesn't install with Windows 10. I manage my mods/CC in folders too and I have a Mod Conflictor program so I can locate and remove or replace outdated mods and CC. Let's just say SimGuruNick and SimQARobo have been the real MVPs and MCCC mod for making the game more manageable to play for me. I have ultra settings running on my custom gaming rig, but when I started with Sims 4 was with the base game and when I installed Get to Work it started slowing down and was playing on low settings. I like how the Sims games generally make sure that every five years or so to upgrade my computer. I use the computer for many things from accounting to job searching to preparing my taxes to doing web interviews, so it has to run well. I use it to keep in touch with long distance family members too and streaming.
    edited October 2019

I am the same. We have two gaming PC’s. One has an nvidia RTX2080 graphics card. The other an nvidia 1080. Both have excellent processors and can eat this game for breakfast. Ironically they both run the sims 3 beautifully and they run way more demanding games. I loaded up the sims 4 for the first time in ages tonight and the bugs I found from a quick session are:

Lighthouse woohoo doesn’t work. Also saw another simmer mention this.
    Freelance careers don’t always work.
    Photography career doesn’t always work. This one I don’t have as I don’t have the pack but my friend has it and is complaining and I’ve saw people mention it.
    Toddlers and high chairs are still a hot mess.

I’ve saw lots of other people on social media report the same issues.
    Don’t use mods or cc. Two of those bugs I can replicate on console so I know it’s a game issue.

My husband is a pc tech and has been building all our pcs for years - he builds competition rigs for clients and frankly I am surprised your rig doesn't run any better then. But what ever I am glad I don't have your issues then. I have enough to deal with - so I am glad I can enjoy all my games.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I just want them to finally fix the long list of gameplay issues with the base game. Aspirations, goals, and traits/personality all need work.

Whims were borderline pointless, and rather than fix them, they've disabled them. That's currently the state of the game, summarized; ignore, don't fix.
    Firande wrote: »
    doogerie wrote: »

I care.

I totally understand people who don't enjoy the game feeling the need to vent and I am genuinely sorry for you guys that you don't enjoy this game, I genuinely do. But one struggle I have seen is when people make these criticisms as though they are universal truths, and they aren't. There are a lot of people who do care, and who do love and enjoy The Sims 4, myself included. I have enjoyed the new packs a lot (while I do agree that IL lacked a little, RoM and StrangerVille I've found absolutely great), and I'm personally looking forward to three or more years of this game. :blush:

I also feel like, I have spent quite a bit of money on this iteration and I absolutely don't feel nearly ready yet to spend that amount on yet another iteration. Sims 4 will do just fine for me in these upcoming years.

I enjoy Sims 4 too, and also play Sims 2 and 3 as well now and then. But have had most of my enjoyments out of Sims 4 lately.

In dreams - I LIVE!