Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Northern California braced for mega power cut" Will EA be affected?

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
2hours ago on the BBC website..............."A power company has started cutting electricity to around 800,000 homes, businesses and other locations in Northern California, in an attempt to prevent wildfires.
Large swathes of the San Francisco Bay Area - though not the city itself - are expected to be affected.
The region’s utility company, Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E), has warned the shut down could last several days."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49982236

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Pacific Gouge and Extort can eat a bag of a sarcastic treat I cannot name on these forums.

That said, so far as I know, the EA campus in Redwood City (between San Mateo and Palo Alto, on the peninsula) is not in an area expected to be cut off. The offices are not likely to be affected. Depending on where the actual Gurus and devs and office folks live, they could well be affected personally and, if so, they have my sympathies.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    @Sindocat Thanks. We have the same problems with our power companies too but am empowered to change ours over to a cheaper one easily here.

I wonder if anyone has done an assessment of Silicone Valley being completely shut off anytime though? It's an earthquake prone zone afterall as well as subject to other environmental problems like fires.