Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm starting to think it's not gonna get better.

Comments

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Still doesn't answer the overarching question.
    If they did everything to make you (the individual Simmer happy)
    Do you imagine that would put an and to complaints in general?

I don't think that anyone (except for you?) has brought up the idea of eradicating all complaints. That is impossible. The idea is to have fewer complaints by providing a game with more options, opportunities, and character-driven gameplay -- as in the earlier games in the series. Many of the complaints about TS4 are due to the game's lack of all of the above.

I hate laundry and vampires. B)
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

I don't think that anyone (except for you?) has brought up the idea of eradicating all complaints. That is impossible. The idea is to have fewer complaints by providing a game with more options, opportunities, and character-driven gameplay -- as in the earlier games in the series. Many of the complaints about TS4 are due to the game's lack of all of the above.

O-kaaaaay.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I think providing players the tools and options to play the game how they see fit would lessen complaints.

O-kaaaaay.

O-kaaaaay.

Yep... OK what? I hate laundry and Vampires so...stop disrespecting me for the the things I hate!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Either way there will be very loud complaints...always and forever.
    So they just decided to add washing machines and stuff...because it's what you wanted.
    Don't overshadow it. Sims with lively personality was always a request alongside and before laundry became a thing. Washing clothes as a chore was a hit or miss concept for players. So 'we' is not quite representative here, and frankly how it's relevant and a washer over personality must be 'choose only one!" dilemma?
    Pretty much almost everyone wants Sims to act how they suppose to by traits, and to actually retain their lost simology characterists (like chemistry, favorites, etc.), because well it's not a laundry simulator as a core game.

If they want the loud complaints to be volume down, wouldn't re visioning how traits act and give family Sims the content they deserve be a nice start to that? If Maxis stop having their ears be deafen and start prioritizing such demands since the start, of course threads pertaining to that stuff will stop appearing on the first feedback page until the development's ends. A studio must be out of touch to think that it's inevitable to compile with said complaints, as if supplying the players with impact trait attributes and family content would destroy the game or something. They don't show even initiative to make babies crawl away from their basinets, just like how pets are independent to walk around. Let alone throw things (interactions) for teens to do cool stuff like egg an house or pull a flooding prank on the rabbit hole school.

Care to elaborate what these RPG you have in mind? I don't people asking for that often. As for the 'game to be challenge', this often suggestions consist of the proposal of two games: susceptible death and a burglar NPC. That would already make the game challenging if Sims could die by unpredictable, but reasonably realistic demise. The vampire break-ins are fine; just the base game needs one along with substitute of 'garlic' (i.e. alarm system)

I was commenting in broad strokes about the topic. I offered two solutions that could possibly satisfy some Simmers.
    I then followed up by pointing out that it's improbable they will take either path, because you the Simmers (not you personally) keep asking for the same exact things we've had before and then complain of boredom a week later.

Because the packs, repeated themes or not, are not designed with longevity in mind. I mean, who really goes to all of the festivals in City Living after they've done them all once (assuming they haven't stacked on top of one another like they have been doing since launch!) What's the sense in going to Sulani after seeing it once if you don't live there and cannot properly take a vacation (which should entail benefits for your Sim) To vicariously live through your Sim sitting with a blank expression on their face as their boat rows across a river? How many times can you complete the linear and hand-holding Strangerville story?

I just don't get this blaming of the player for wanting repeated themes. There are an infinite amount of ways they can take a theme they've given us already and spin it into an entirely new experience.

I never blamed anyone for their personal preferences.
    The stuff pack experiment was a perfect indicator that what I personally want in the game isn't what everyone else wants

How much of the Simming community at large even had a vote if they don't do social media?
    That vote was telling because it demonstrates that the people dug in the trenches with their own ideas as to how the Sims would be perfect for them...doesn't jibe with the majority.

They just don't post about it.

Well, Laundry Day is the best selling/most popular stuff pack, as revealed. Whether or not people use social media didn't skew the poll's purpose of trying to identify what the community wanted most.

Personally, I think it was best selling because people want more responsibilities and chores in the game.

I wanted the eco stuff but I'm not even mad about Laundry. It adds more realism to a game that lacks it.
    I voted for Off-the-grid. Just from the feedback on forums and Twitter alone, I knew and told Graham that I thought Laundry pack would win and it did. It was highly requested on forums and honestly I still love the pack a lot.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    So they just decided to add washing machines and stuff...because it's what you wanted.
    Don't overshadow it. Sims with lively personality was always a request alongside and before laundry became a thing. Washing clothes as a chore was a hit or miss concept for players. So 'we' is not quite representative here, and frankly how it's relevant and a washer over personality must be 'choose only one!" dilemma?
    Pretty much almost everyone wants Sims to act how they suppose to by traits, and to actually retain their lost simology characterists (like chemistry, favorites, etc.), because well it's not a laundry simulator as a core game.

If they want the loud complaints to be volume down, wouldn't re visioning how traits act and give family Sims the content they deserve be a nice start to that? If Maxis stop having their ears be deafen and start prioritizing such demands since the start, of course threads pertaining to that stuff will stop appearing on the first feedback page until the development's ends. A studio must be out of touch to think that it's inevitable to compile with said complaints, as if supplying the players with impact trait attributes and family content would destroy the game or something. They don't show even initiative to make babies crawl away from their basinets, just like how pets are independent to walk around. Let alone throw things (interactions) for teens to do cool stuff like egg an house or pull a flooding prank on the rabbit hole school.

Care to elaborate what these RPG you have in mind? I don't people asking for that often. As for the 'game to be challenge', this often suggestions consist of the proposal of two games: susceptible death and a burglar NPC. That would already make the game challenging if Sims could die by unpredictable, but reasonably realistic demise. The vampire break-ins are fine; just the base game needs one along with substitute of 'garlic' (i.e. alarm system)

I was commenting in broad strokes about the topic. I offered two solutions that could possibly satisfy some Simmers.
    I then followed up by pointing out that it's improbable they will take either path, because you the Simmers (not you personally) keep asking for the same exact things we've had before and then complain of boredom a week later.

Because the packs, repeated themes or not, are not designed with longevity in mind. I mean, who really goes to all of the festivals in City Living after they've done them all once (assuming they haven't stacked on top of one another like they have been doing since launch!) What's the sense in going to Sulani after seeing it once if you don't live there and cannot properly take a vacation (which should entail benefits for your Sim) To vicariously live through your Sim sitting with a blank expression on their face as their boat rows across a river? How many times can you complete the linear and hand-holding Strangerville story?

I just don't get this blaming of the player for wanting repeated themes. There are an infinite amount of ways they can take a theme they've given us already and spin it into an entirely new experience.

The stuff pack experiment was a perfect indicator that what I personally want in the game isn't what everyone else wants

How much of the Simming community at large even had a vote if they don't do social media?
    That vote was telling because it demonstrates that the people dug in the trenches with their own ideas as to how the Sims would be perfect for them...doesn't jibe with the majority.

Well, Laundry Day is the best selling/most popular stuff pack, as revealed. Whether or not people use social media didn't skew the poll's purpose of trying to identify what the community wanted most.

Personally, I think it was best selling because people want more responsibilities and chores in the game.

Agreed so what's the problem with my commentary exactly? I have to admit i don't get it.

I just disagreed with this was all.
    Uzone27 wrote:

To reiterate, I don't think repeated themes are the reason why people are complaining they're bored.
    Exactly. Achievements, careers, skills, and vacation spots are always asked and it is like how many times can they ask about the same things and grinds and RPG costumes over and over again. It is why Sims 4 still bores people a week later because nothing new or a even renewing a past idea is done that much. There are things like toddlers that although they are technically old content from past games, they were redone and improved upon so well. I know most of the DLC the top complaint from even fans is how themes fall short from versions of previous Sims games like Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, City Living, Dine Out, Island Living, Strangerville, Outdoor Retreat, Perfect Patio, and Cool Kitchen aren't actually new ideas and nothing new done to them that hasn't been done in the other Sims games, while ideas that are actually new like farming that haven't been done in a paid pack before. I have a bad feeling people will be disappointed by university too because from the speculations of it so far, sounds like it is just going to be a copycat lesser version of past university games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »

Agreed so what's the problem with my commentary exactly? I have to admit i don't get it.

I just disagreed with this was all.
    Uzone27 wrote:

To reiterate, I don't think repeated themes are the reason why people are complaining they're bored.
    Exactly. Achievements, careers, skills, and vacation spots are always asked and it is like how many times can they ask about the same things and grinds and RPG costumes over and over again. It is why Sims 4 still bores people a week later because nothing new or a even renewing a past idea is done that much. There are things like toddlers that although they are technically old content from past games, they were redone and improved upon so well. I know most of the DLC the top complaint from even fans is how themes fall short from versions of previous Sims games like Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, City Living, Dine Out, Island Living, Strangerville, Outdoor Retreat, Perfect Patio, and Cool Kitchen aren't actually new ideas and nothing new done to them that hasn't been done in the other Sims games, while ideas that are actually new like farming that haven't been done in a paid pack before. I have a bad feeling people will be disappointed by university too because from the speculations of it so far, sounds like it is just going to be a copycat lesser version of past university games.

Exactly what people wish for..except...too far off the old mark, and not enough to get people on the same page.
    I would "hate" to work on a team designed to satisfy everyone.
    worst nightmare ever. My hats off to people that deal with this on a daily basis.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I keep reading that, “people will always complain anyway”. Sorry but I don’t feel adressed to. Sure I had my peeves in the past, when the current Sims game happened to be a game I loved. Those peeves were justified too, like vampires spawning (including relatives or potential spouse turning into them) or a new pack messing up an older one (like Generations did to WA in the beginning). I had every right to complain but never did, I was just screaming at my monitor at times. Without me being aware of it, people were complaining however and one by one, my issues were taken care of. That made me an even happier simmer. Thanks everyone for complaining about a game I love, I can now love it even more.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I keep reading that, “people will always complain anyway”. Sorry but I don’t feel adressed to. Sure I had my peeves in the past, when the current Sims game happened to be a game I loved. Those peeves were justified too, like vampires spawning (including relatives or potential spouse turning into them) or a new pack messing up an older one (like Generations did to WA in the beginning). I had every right to complain but never did, I was just screaming at my monitor at times. Without me being aware of it, people were complaining however and one by one, my issues were taken care of. That made me an even happier simmer. Thanks everyone for complaining about a game I love, I can now love it even more.

Glad to see all of your hard work finally paid off. Happy Simming!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I don't think it's the coding/difficulty that's the core issue here. I believe The Sims Team needs a little more creativity. A lot of their thinking is too straightforward. There is more that could've been done with what's already in ROM, and I'm not talking about writing new features.

For example -- your Sim must collect 7 magic tomes to become a spellcaster. You collect? You're in. Bam. Done.

Nnnnnow, remember, guys -- "Sims 4 sims have the best personalities out of all the iterations with an ultra cool trait and emotion system!

So, what iffff.... the devs coded something simple, ex: if your Sim happens to have more than 50k in their funds, they could bribe the Sage into giving them the power w/o collecting motes? And the success of the interaction could depend on simple stats, like relationship level [OR EVEN THOSE GOOD-FOR-SOMETHING TRAITS AND CAREERS, COUGH.].

- Do Genius Sims even learn spells faster than normal ones?
    - Do Hot-Headded Sims autonomously choose Risky Duel over others?
    - Do Perfectionists take longer to craft spells?
    - Do Geek Sims gain Fun from spellcasting/witchy-biz? Do Clumsy Sims fail more often at spellcasting?
    - Do Materialistic Sims detest shabby brooms/wands?
    - Do Slob sims lose hygeine when brewing potions in the cauldron?
    - Do Foodie sims dislike the taste of potions?
    - Would Glutton sims autonomously drink potions to satisfy hunger?
    - Are Squeamish sims bad at spellcasting in general?
    - How do Good Sims deal with Untamed Spells?
    - Perhaps Romantic Sims could WooHoo with the Sages, and their success could give them some sort of benefit? [TS2-style humor here..]
    - Can Grilled Cheese Master concoct Grilled Cheese in the Cauldron? [The concept's pretty silly itself, so... why not? >:D]

I could go on further, but, hopefully my point was made here..

Traits affecting the actual sims?! :o

Sarcasm aside, this alone would add so much replay value. Right now I can create any old sim with whatever traits, who cares, doesn't matter, all outcomes will be the same. This would actually inspire me to create more than one and see the outcome. It would actually add some replay value. It's actually how it should have been from the start... :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    edited October 2019
    Camkat wrote: »
    I don't think it's the coding/difficulty that's the core issue here. I believe The Sims Team needs a little more creativity. A lot of their thinking is too straightforward. There is more that could've been done with what's already in ROM, and I'm not talking about writing new features.

For example -- your Sim must collect 7 magic tomes to become a spellcaster. You collect? You're in. Bam. Done.

Nnnnnow, remember, guys -- "Sims 4 sims have the best personalities out of all the iterations with an ultra cool trait and emotion system!

So, what iffff.... the devs coded something simple, ex: if your Sim happens to have more than 50k in their funds, they could bribe the Sage into giving them the power w/o collecting motes? And the success of the interaction could depend on simple stats, like relationship level [OR EVEN THOSE GOOD-FOR-SOMETHING TRAITS AND CAREERS, COUGH.].

- Do Geek Sims gain Fun from spellcasting/witchy-biz? Do Clumsy Sims fail more often at spellcasting?
    - Perhaps Romantic Sims could WooHoo with the Sages, and their success could give them some sort of benefit? [TS2-style humor here..]
    - Can Grilled Cheese Master concoct Grilled Cheese in the Cauldron? [The concept's pretty silly itself, so... why not? >:D]

Sarcasm aside, this alone would add so much replay value. Right now I can create any old sim with whatever traits, who cares, doesn't matter, all outcomes will be the same. This would actually inspire me to create more than one and see the outcome. It would actually add some replay value. It's actually how it should have been from the start... :/

I don't totally disagree...but I'm intrigued.
    So in the Sims 2 we know that a Sim will most likely cancel user command in favor of it's needs.
    They fixed that, (and i for one am glad for it)

You give a sim the neat trait? They make the bed every morning....without fail
    Sounds quaint...fun to see (once)...but after that? um....
    Give a Sim a Flirty trait...does that mean the Sim should flirt with every Sim they see?
    Give a Sim the loner trait...does that condemn the Sim to a life without friends?

These examples aren't meant to undermine the thought that it would be great if the life simulator was...more true to life...
    But honestly? Well...anything I say after this would be pointless.

edited October 2019

Exactly what people wish for..except...too far off the old mark, and not enough to get people on the same page.
    worst nightmare ever. My hats off to people that deal with this on a daily basis.
    I wouldn't I would be proud to work on a diverse of a game as the Sims that people from all over the world can play without having a language barrier. Sadly there is only one CM and a select few Gurus who choose to deal with the community and it is with them that some of the most influential "positive" Simmers have cheered whenever a Guru they don't agree with gets fired or moves on to a different project. I remember being told by a fan site that Gurus don't want to talk to nobodies like me. I took that dare on and met a few of them in a neutral non-Sim game. Not going to lie I fell out with one of the employees that we just didn't have anything beyond one topic in common, but the others that I met I was highly impressed with and exceeded my expectations with how passionate they were about their job and gaming. So much so I felt welcomed with BobSquad and met so many friends through that. SimGuruGraham has always been so open to talk to me about the Sims and if I had questions about it and funny randomly talking about bowling with him and bowling pack came out. He used to think I was a dude just because I liked talking hockey and sports.

That's the thing though, people are so focused on stereotypes these days, how can the Gurus satisfy us if they don't know us as people especially when lies are thrown about Simmers on a daily basis? I don't identify as a fan or a critic. I am a Simmer just like everyone else and equal footing. But that's the thing is Sims fan claim they want new things, but when discussing ideas they come off blank. I have thousands of ideas for Sims packs just how can I get people on the same page if they rather attack each other than well actually talking about the game they claim to love instead? It was hard enough finding enough fellow Simmers to come up with ideas on toddlers thanks to Sparkfairy organizing it. They aren't willing to compromise, they just want to be right and hurt others in the process. That isn't love for a game keeping it from growing and keeping it away from others. Reminds me of how babies are objects actually, how Simmers want to confine their baby Sims game to how it is rather than see it grow to how it could be into a great adult that they can allow to fall in love and befriend many people in their lifetime.

I wouldn't I would be proud to work on a diverse of a game as the Sims that people from all over the world can play without having a language barrier. Sadly there is only one CM and a select few Gurus who choose to deal with the community and it is with them that some of the most influential "positive" Simmers have cheered whenever a Guru they don't agree with gets fired or moves on to a different project. I remember being told by a fan site that Gurus don't want to talk to nobodies like me. I took that dare on and met a few of them in a neutral non-Sim game. Not going to lie I fell out with one of the employees that we just didn't have anything beyond one topic in common, but the others that I met I was highly impressed with and exceeded my expectations with how passionate they were about their job and gaming. So much so I felt welcomed with BobSquad and met so many friends through that. SimGuruGraham has always been so open to talk to me about the Sims and if I had questions about it and funny randomly talking about bowling with him and bowling pack came out. He used to think I was a dude just because I liked talking hockey and sports.

That's the thing though, people are so focused on stereotypes these days, how can the Gurus satisfy us if they don't know us as people especially when lies are thrown about Simmers on a daily basis? I don't identify as a fan or a critic. I am a Simmer just like everyone else and equal footing. But that's the thing is Sims fan claim they want new things, but when discussing ideas they come off blank. I have thousands of ideas for Sims packs just how can I get people on the same page if they rather attack each other than well actually talking about the game they claim to love instead? It was hard enough finding enough fellow Simmers to come up with ideas on toddlers thanks to Sparkfairy organizing it. They aren't willing to compromise, they just want to be right and hurt others in the process. That isn't love for a game keeping it from growing and keeping it away from others. Reminds me of how babies are objects actually, how Simmers want to confine their baby Sims game to how it is rather than see it grow to how it could be into a great adult that they can allow to fall in love and befriend many people in their lifetime.

Great post. It's the very thing that keeps me coming back here in spite of my better judgement
    Thanks.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Yes, that's what we mean when we say TS4 lacks depth.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited October 2019
    Camkat wrote: »

I don't totally disagree...but I'm intrigued.
    So in the Sims 2 we know that a Sim will most likely cancel user command in favor of it's needs.
    They fixed that, (and i for one am glad for it)

You give a sim the neat trait? They make the bed every morning....without fail
    Sounds quaint...fun to see (once)...but after that? um....
    Give a Sim a Flirty trait...does that mean the Sim should flirt with every Sim they see?
    Give a Sim the loner trait...does that condemn the Sim to a life without friends?

These examples aren't meant to undermine the thought that it would be great if the life simulator was...more true to life...
    But honestly? Well...anything I say after this would be pointless.

You have a fair point that each trait would get repetitive after awhile. Anything does. Right now though, the game as is, with traits doing basically nothing is the ultimate of repetitive. Nothing I can give them makes a lick of difference. They all literally do the same thing whether they are creative or flirty or loner, go get glass of water. Every time with the water. I would expect a creative sim to at least choose the easel I've provided, or a loner sim to pick something to do in a room no one else is in or a sporty sim to choose the exercise equipment etc. But no... if I don't que up these things for my sims, they just drink water and occasionally when energized drop and give me 10. If I have to tell them every last little thing to do, what exactly is the point of traits?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited October 2019
    I don't really care if people think Sims4 is a game or not. I don't really care if it lacks "depth" as complained about. but if I find a problem I find another way to get round it. I don't really care if LGR, Carl or any of the game-changers like it or not.

I'd rather see it as a toy I play with in any way I feel at the time I play it. It can be a dolls' house, RPG for a time with StrangerVille or a session of intense building. It succeeds for me in that way and that's probably why it sells so well. There are many of us who don't like or don't play "Games" and like to do our own thing, probably millions of us. A huge population that video game makers stupidly ignore. :)

I sometimes used SimCity4 like this-cheated to get millions of pounds (I have a little Park)! and built my own city without the problems or made a world with Sims2 to play in it. Dolls' World! Who wants the "Game" anyway!
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I don't really care if people think Sims4 is a game or not.
    Video-Game.png
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    Video-Game.png

tenor.gif
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited October 2019
    Video-Game.png

tenor.gif

As I said I really don't care whether you think it is a "video game" or not. It's become something more but has had to go by the prevailing "gamers" tags. It is the only game of it's kind and could call itself whatever type of video experience it wants to in my opinion. Sandbox or not. It isn't really a "Simulation" game either if you don't want to play it that way. It is really a "Toy" as Will Wright dreamt up and one can do whatever one wants with it. I believe that's why it sells and why not many of the thousands( million)?s plus Simmers who use it go on Twitter or these Forums to talk about it. That's why the Forum has the same people repeating themselves here. I won't be anymore.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2019
    It's a game. It's a video game. Words have meanings. There are lots of ways to play a lot of games, but that doesn't make any one genre any less a game. It's like saying cribbage isn't a real card game because of the way you keep score (cribbage is absolutely a card game).
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    I just think it’s easy for us to judge the devs, but since I have been studying computer science, I have discovered how hard it is to make a small program, you write a line of code and bam, a bug appears out of nowhere, now imagine developing a game that complex, of course they will miss something, that’s why we have patches, so if they are willing to fix stuff, I’m totally fine... I’m not a builder and I value more the gameplay aspect of the game and I think they did a good job with the witches. What I saw from a lot of YouTubers is that they don’t play with occults so of course they will find the pack boring

So what you're saying is we don't have a right to complain and judge them because programming is hard? I payed money for something they advertised and it doesn't work. I didn't donate or gift it. Every other program or game I've ever bought, I've never seen the amount of bugs and issues TS4 has. My first and last Sims experience. While I don't find a door or missing counter the end of the world the way these youtubers do (jeez!), I do agree that it seems like they don't even bother play-testing some of the features. It's an insult to players and put me off from the entire franchise.
    edited October 2019
    Video-Game.png

tenor.gif

As I said I really don't care whether you think it is a "video game" or not. It's become something more but has had to go by the prevailing "gamers" tags. It is the only game of it's kind and could call itself whatever type of video experience it wants to in my opinion. Sandbox or not. It isn't really a "Simulation" game either if you don't want to play it that way. It is really a "Toy" as Will Wright dreamt up and one can do whatever one wants with it. I believe that's why it sells and why not many of the thousands( million)?s plus Simmers who use it go on Twitter or these Forums to talk about it. That's why the Forum has the same people repeating themselves here. I won't be anymore.

"gamers" tags? LOL

Video game is a game that you play by seeing it's "video" or image on a screen. Hence why this is a video game and not a toy. Toys are physical objects.

No one is bashing you, but you aren't making sense. There's no big mystery or outer world experience here, it is a video game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited October 2019
    Video-Game.png

tenor.gif

He didn't think it was a toy. It was used for building initially rather than a dollhouse game. He is even giving lectures about how to approach game design with gaming.
    https://gamedaily.biz/article/468/sims-creator-will-wright-sees-lack-of-fundamental-design-approach-to-game-design

Also Will Wright's initial name for the game the Dollhouse got shut down by EA because even EA knew they couldn't sell dolls to teenage boys, but later got changed to the Sims and nicknamed the Toilet Game:
    http://mentalfloss.com/article/48610/ant-city-and-beyond-history-all-things-sim

I know a lot of game changers have changed their name away from the Sims because of the myth that all Simmers aren't not real gamers. Why RoryPlaystheSims was changed to RoryPlays and SimsSupply is now James Turner. Why would anyone want to be tied down to one game? I know I don't and I play many other games with Simmers and find out I have more in common with people than just the Sims. What a dull life that would be only playing one game in a lifetime. I guess calling it a toy or doll is the only way to justify spending $600+ on it because in the gaming industry that would be considered a joke especially for a single player game. Also the Sims 4 on a whole isn't a tangible product, it is intangible. Definition of a toy: "an object, often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything." So if you think Sims 4 is a kid's toy, maybe that is why it doesn't appeal to so many because people are expecting to play with a teen rated game not an E for everyone rated game. But by all means enjoy putting your kid toys in adult shaped beds. XD
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    I just think it’s easy for us to judge the devs, but since I have been studying computer science, I have discovered how hard it is to make a small program, you write a line of code and bam, a bug appears out of nowhere, now imagine developing a game that complex, of course they will miss something, that’s why we have patches, so if they are willing to fix stuff, I’m totally fine... I’m not a builder and I value more the gameplay aspect of the game and I think they did a good job with the witches. What I saw from a lot of YouTubers is that they don’t play with occults so of course they will find the pack boring

So what you're saying is we don't have a right to complain and judge them because programming is hard? I payed money for something they advertised and it doesn't work. I didn't donate or gift it. Every other program or game I've ever bought, I've never seen the amount of bugs and issues TS4 has. My first and last Sims experience. While I don't find a door or missing counter the end of the world the way these youtubers do (jeez!), I do agree that it seems like they don't even bother play-testing some of the features. It's an insult to players and put me off from the entire franchise.
    While people like Concerned Ape are able to make games on their own for multiple game devices in a fraction of the time it took to make the Sims 4 and now is working on a second game. B) Indie development for the win!
    edited October 2019
    Video-Game.png

tenor.gif

He didn't think it was a toy. It was used for building initially rather than a dollhouse game. He is even giving lectures about how to approach game design with gaming.
    https://gamedaily.biz/article/468/sims-creator-will-wright-sees-lack-of-fundamental-design-approach-to-game-design

Also Will Wright's initial name for the game the Dollhouse got shut down by EA because even EA knew they couldn't sell dolls to teenage boys, but later got changed to the Sims and nicknamed the Toilet Game:
    http://mentalfloss.com/article/48610/ant-city-and-beyond-history-all-things-sim

I know a lot of game changers have changed their name away from the Sims because of the myth that all Simmers aren't not real gamers. Why RoryPlaystheSims was changed to RoryPlays and SimsSupply is now James Turner. Why would anyone want to be tied down to one game? I know I don't and I play many other games with Simmers and find out I have more in common with people than just the Sims. What a dull life that would be only playing one game in a lifetime. I guess calling it a toy or doll is the only way to justify spending $600+ on it because in the gaming industry that would be considered a joke especially for a single player game. Also the Sims 4 on a whole isn't a tangible product, it is intangible. Definition of a toy: "an object, often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything." So if you think Sims 4 is a kid's toy, maybe that is why it doesn't appeal to so many because people are expecting to play with a teen rated game not an E for everyone rated game. But by all means enjoy putting your kid toys in adult shaped beds. XD

They've been approaching this sort of game in the wrong way for years. It's more than a game, it's a set of experiences and will be more so if it comes out with VR and AI in a Sims 5 version. That is why it appeals to people like me. No beginning, no end just loads of possibilities and a complete new set of worlds if we get tired of the old one. So many Mods out there to make your own imaginary worlds which no one else shares. No other game provides this so easily but if you know better can you tell me where?

Wish we could do that with the present world we have in our Real life too, sometimes.

I won't be posting any more on this or any other topic as I've got some real problems to deal with that are more important, but it's been enjoyable whilst it lasted.