The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farm Pack Poll

Hoping that a Farm pack is coming, what type of farm do you want? Do you want a modern farm with milking machines, tractors and other modern farm equipment or do you want a more rural, old fashioned type of Farm pack with crafting and no machinery like tractors, but maybe a plow of some sort instead?

Farm Pack Poll 95 votes

Modern farm with all the technology
3%
friendlysimmersJultan3Sigzy05 3 votes
Old fashioned, rural farm
44%
redrogue60alan650111craftaholicWritin_RegIsb917keekee53BloosmooAnmirlaMagdaleenaJnyxloubyloulouKalaniCoolbevillekatka_kynclovaDragonAge_300905BabykittyjadeLittlBowBubadele_katHermitgirlSimzilla_7 42 votes
Don't want any farms
18%
PlayerSinger2010MeteoraStormmock68pammiechickXxAirixXMaggieMarleyrjssimPamtastic72puderosasimsMarduc_Playsnerdfashionpopstarsleyamber_ilumireDaWaterRatsecretlondon123mimilu04tayllahjadelyn123 18 votes
Either as long as we can customize it to our game play
33%
CK213bloodydarkangltaydevjineratorjcp011c2ChampandGirlieGracieO312Sakuske1mariajane216ChadSims2NiaraTiaraEnkiSchmidtsimmerLellaccarrig_95nessatay1920BladshappyopiShannonMarie_76birdonawireMs_Mika 32 votes

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,377 Member
    Your question is exactly what I'm trying to figure out!
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Don't want any farms
    I feel like I can already create farms with the gardening skill, and I already abandoned cats and dogs for being too needy, so I really don’t welcome the addition of farm animals who likely will be equally as needy if not more so.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Don't want any farms
    Although I’d probably end up buying it for the new world and CAS and BB. If we had to have a farming pack I’d prefer rustic.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,368 Member
    Don't want any farms
    I don't really want farms themselves, but the stuff that could come with said farms (new sellable crafts, county fair venue/event, horses) might be of use or interest.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    While I'd personally prefer the old-fashioned style, I wouldn't mind modern either, it's just not something I particularly like.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Don't want any farms
    Seasons added enough planting and harvesting aspects for me to live with for a long, long time.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Don't want any farms
    Farming is... so boring. ANd there was already a huge gardening overhaul. I don't see what else people need.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    Farming is... so boring. ANd there was already a huge gardening overhaul. I don't see what else people need.

Farm animals like in Sims 3 :)
    8615259562_d2828e379e.jpg
    latest?cb=20130905160741
    As well as new farm animals like sheep that produce wool! Or pigs and goats.

Alongside new crafting hobbies such as nectar making
    latest?cb=20160330200011
    latest?cb=20120212072002

Canning (giving us something to do with harvestables!)
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Butter churn (to turn milk into dairy products like butter, yoghurt, smelly cheese)
    latest?cb=20120723005012

Sewing machine (to turn wool into clothes)
    2b2b1afa71af581ce280a066ce8d89ab-singersewingmachine.jpg

Mechanical bull (improve riding skill)
    latest?cb=20140901154702

And obviously horses for riding and breeding! :)
    375083.gif
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I want as little technology as possible, but I'm fine with things like milking machines. I don't mind tractors, but I doubt we'll get them anyway.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Don't want any farms
    They would really need to go out of their way to even make me consider it. If too realistic and too much chores, it doesn't sound all that appealing to me.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Even though I'd prefer old fashioned the more options the better why would I want to limit myself to one or the other. I've seen a few people mentioning gardening as its the only thing one could do with faming but I prefer the animals and stands so I could run a farmers market to sell produce and crafting goods created from the farm. Also I would not mind a "haunted corn field" object for spooky day why cant my farms have events to attract the public.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 974 Member
    edited September 2019
    If it's customizable and we get both modern stuff + old stuff I'm fine, but I'd much prefer the focus to be on rural, old fashioned farms. It would make historical/off the grid gameplay much easier to pull off.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I'd probably play way more with rural things but I would not mind some more modern content for those who might like it.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,204 Member
    Olden days farm with olden days wooden Telephones.
    (NO SMARTPHONES)
  • Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    It should be our choice as players to decide whether we want each household to be a rural or modern farm. I hate when the sims team decides things for us. I should be able to have a rural farm on one save, and a modern farm on another. Give us both. Give us the power to choose.
    As for the world itself, it should definitely be more rural inspired, with big, spaced out lots, and a country vibe.
    The world should come with horses, pigs, cows, sheep, and other farm animals. And these should all be options for pets. How cool would it be to customize your farm animals in CAS, and bond with them? I want that so bad!
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • Options
    RichieottoRichieotto Posts: 31 Member
    I would love an old rustic farm with all the animals on it. I'd love them to be part of the family too like cats and dogs! I'd love a customisable cow.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I'd love to have a petting farm and dude ranch - done old fashion style with hand crafts etc. Maybe done in a way so kids can be taught to make crafts and raising animals like Gentle Barn does for livestock pets.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    This type of farm sounds like it will be more fun. Like a new rustic lifestyle.