Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many more packs before Sims 5?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
Yes I know the Sims 4 is a "service game" but the Sims 5 is as inevitable as me ordering pizza at 1am (this happens more then I care to admit) and with 30 packs to its name I suspect an upper limit exists for the Sims 4 - regardless of what they officially tweet.

Love it or hate it, the Sims 4 also has its limitations and there's only so much they can add within its current structural "confines" of design. Only so many "fresh" ideas that can sell packs, with the bigger releases (more or less) behind the Sims 4.

With University as the next expansion more or less unofficially confirmed for Nov 15, I personally suspect we will see 2-3 more packs after that.

One between Feb-Mar (probably a stuff pack) and a gamepack for Spring (Apr-May) and perhaps a final expansion pack in July/August.

After that I suspect the Sims 5 will be announced for the fall.

I could also be totally wrong, they could have packs planned out until 2022 too, especially if packs are selling at a steady rate. Not outside of the realm of possibility based on previous EA investor calls (which stated as much publicly).

There's also the possibility of delaying the Sims 5 until early 2021 to launch alongside PS5/next gen consoles AND/OR simply to get the Sims 5 release "done right" based on the rocky launch of the Sims 4. In which case I'd suspect a March 2021 release.

Regardless the Sims 5 is coming eventually, even if its 5 years from now or 2, so how many more packs do you think we'll see for the Sims 4?

How many more packs before Sims 5? 188 votes

2-3 more packs.
13% 25 votes
4-5 more packs.
19% 36 votes
5-7 more packs.
17% 33 votes
7 or more.
50% 94 votes

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    The sims 5 could show it's 'leaks' even in the last year of the Sims 4. That happend also when The sims 3 was about to come. I thought it was good and got me really exited. So I'd say, after max 2 years maybe which brings me to a max of 5 packs.
  • RGR_GamingRGR_Gaming Posts: 19 Member
    Well I think that 2-3, we already heard on a "university" leaks, so I guess that's gonna happen, and after this one, i think maybe one more and then they will start with ST5 teasers / official leaks , TS4 is like 5 years old , and sorry but i think that TS3 was way better, they need to bring TS5 good just like TS3 was..but updated to this day's graphics
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    It looks like there will be five packs this year alone, counting the Moschino pack and one pack not yet announced. If I think of content for a couple of more years then it will easily be seven or more packs. Probably they'll get around trying some new stuff that hasn't been seen in the series before.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    my hope is that they release university and then take time to focus on improving base game and all the packs that are already out instead of making new ones, but i know that's not gonna happen. a girl can dream though

i honestly don't know the point of releasing so many packs. lately it feels like there's been dozens of them popping up

also i kinda hope the sims 5 isn't for a long time because what's the rush?
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2019
    I’d say 3 more years at roughly 3 packs per year. So 9 packs.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I think the game might continue to 2024. Approx 4-5 packs a year, I think? So 20-25 more. Not going to explain my position; clues are available if one does a bit of research (even in the form of interviews, not only tweets.) ;)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Till they can no longer milk the series
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Counting the expansion pack that will release this year, plus one or two more years, about 7.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I don't think Sims 5 is anywhere near completion. I think it's only just beginning to be created. So that's going to take a few years anyway and there's no way that EA will just stop producing Sims 4 when there's no successor because that means money loss.

EA is, first and foremost, a business, so they are going to think like one. I honestly don't think they will care if the game gets bogged down in the end, look what they did with Sims 3. They left that game a coughing, struggling, buggy, crashing disaster in the end. I'm pretty sure they'll keep loading up Sims 4 until they can't anymore.
    #Team Occult
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    20 or more
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2019
    It's hard to say cause I can't really think what else needs adding to the game besides university. I'm sure they have of plenty ideas for new packs though. Personally I wish they would take a break from releasing new packs and fix all the bugs in the game before adding new ones. I absolutely love the game but it's almost becoming unbearable to play. It's just so buggy ever since Island Living released and it feels like they aren't fixing anything. If it wasn't for the amazing modders fixing bugs the game would actually be unplayable.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    It's hard to say cause I can't really think what else needs adding to the game besides university. I'm sure they have of plenty ideas for new packs though. Personally I wish they would take a break from releasing new packs and fix all the bugs in the game before adding new ones. I absolutely love the game but it's almost becoming unbearable to play. It's just so buggy ever since Island Living released and it feels like they aren't fixing anything. If it wasn't for the amazing modders fixing bugs the game would actually be unplayable.

I couldn't agree more, but they have EA breathing behind their necks to keep pushing new dlcs over bug fix that will not directly generate money for them.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited October 2019

I can think of loads they'd add haha. Some I'm not interested in but I think they'll do anyway

Generations
    Farming
    Amusement park
    Olympics
    Skiing
    Several more occult (werewolves, faeries etc etc)
    Stuff packs like wedding stuff, teen stuff, several decades stuff like 20s stuff etc, tech pack, outdoor toy pack etc
    World adventures
    Hotels
    Time travel pack
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    What’s the rush? After how much of a mess TS4 was at release, apparently down to lack of time and being rushed, I would much prefer for them to take alllll the time they need, to deliver a fully polished, and complete base game for TS5!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019

I can think of loads they'd add haha. Some I'm not interested in but I think they'll do anyway

Generations
    Farming
    Amusement park
    Olympics
    Skiing
    Stuff packs like wedding stuff, teen stuff, several decades stuff like 20s stuff etc, tech pack, outdoor toy pack etc
    World adventures
    Hotels
    Time travel pack

I hope they don't decide to do all of that, because this game is already mega buggy. Imagine with all of that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I think timeline wise you might be correct. If the Sims 5 is coming out soon, they'll probably announce the it next year since it's the 20th anniversary but I highly doubt we'll get any leaks or anything more than a Logo concept and most likely a 2021 or very early 22 release. And calculating the future releases based on number of past releases we'll have University and maybe 1-2 more packs this year. 2020 will have about 5 packs (2ep, 2gp,1sp) and 2021 might also have 1-3 packs depending on release date.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Generations
    Farming
    Amusement park
    Olympics
    Skiing
    World adventures
    Hotels
    Time travel pack

I hope they don't decide to do all of that, because this game is already mega buggy. Imagine with all of that.

Well yeah but it'd be dlc not patches. So you wouldn't need to buy it if you are worried about it bugging your game. It's nice for ppl that want them to have options though. Myself I'd love the world adventures but would pass on occults
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hard to say, Maxis/EA seems to think that they are in a comfortable position right now where they can release many packs during a year. I think the "quantity over quality" that we are seeing right now is because they are busy working on other projects. It's easier and safer to release smaller packs that don't change the game too much.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I’d say anywhere from 10 to 20 packs, depending on whether stuff packs are dead or not.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    The correct answer is 9 :p
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    5 more years - isn't that what Duke said.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Who's Duke?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Who's Duke?

The Guy in charge of Sims 4 now that took Grants place.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....