Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this gaming PC good? PC pros needed

RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
As title says. My friend is wanting it, it's a bit pricey (in AUD). She likes to play modded skyrim, witcher 3, fallout, sims 3,4 as well as Minecraft, eso and games that are coming out.

EMBKj9Q.jpg

Will it be able to play with high graphics the sims 4, new cyber punk (when released) and doom (when released)?

Where would you rate this PC in terms of:
Extremely high end (best you can buy)
High end (2-3rd best)
Extremely good (top 5)
Good (average)
Below average
Extremely below average
A paper weight

Your feedback would be appreciated :)

Comments

• SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    You can't go wrong with it, she should be able to play all this on highest settings.
    In my opinion its too expensive, also the mainboard is nice its a bit over the top for that processor.

Its okay, but pricey, I would not buy it myself.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    It's really good but the price seems higher than what it should be, like what Simsandra said.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    Yes I agree it is on the pricey side at 1999$ aud or 1300$ USD
  • SilmistySilmisty Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm not sure about the other games (Skyrim etc), but the Sims 4 will fly on that machine spec. The RTX 2070 is an absolute monster of a graphics card. For comparison, it's about 33% more powerful than my GTX 1660 Ti and that still eats Sims 4 for breakfast!

The CPU (i5-9400) is fairly average spec for a new PC in late 2019.

The RTX card will account for about a third of the $1999 AUD asking price.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    You will not have any issue with the PC running the Sims 4 or any other game.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited October 2019
    It's top-of-the-line, but I feel like if your friend gets the parts herself and have someone assemble it (or assemble it herself if she can), she can end up saving A LOT of money

Edit: Oh yeah, and she can probably swap that i5 for an i7 if ever. In my experience, gaming with an i5 is pretty good, but just in case she wants to go all the way
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    overpriced
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)