The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (The Sims 3)

Comments

• mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Rhiannon58 - I agree about the vanilla game, it does work fine without mods. However, the mods will conveniently allow you to have more 'control' and 'freedom' with the game by opening up 'more options' to choose from which will shape and tailor the game to the way you play. Not to mention, will repair some items which EA didn't.

Installation is easy. The biggest thing you will have to do is decide just 'what' you want your game to do (or not to do). Whatever it is, I'm certain there is a mod or an option within a mod to make it happen :).
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    edited October 2019
    EA added too many bar venues with Late Night, and should have included more shops and non rabbit hole work place venues for more active careers in other expansion packs instead, like maybe an office building that wouldn't be a rabbit hole. Speaking of rabbit holes, I don't hate the rabbit holes, but I really wish that EA had just made their appearance a lot more customizable, especially the ones that were for careers exclusive to a single expansion pack like the Movie Studio from Late Night, or the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon from Supernatural. Also grocery Stores are too small in this game for anything but a really small town. I've built starter homes larger than the grocery stores in this game.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    edited October 2019
    emorrill wrote: »
    I happened upon a thread like this in the Sims 4 section and it was so dang FUN to read and participate in that I thought I would start one here in the Sims 3 section. :smiley:

How it works:

You post an unpopular opinion that you have about the game and/or gameplay and if you see another's that you agree with, you Like /Awesome the post to let that person know they're not the only one who feels that way. :mrgreen: (You can even quote them and throw out a comment as to why you agree with them. ;) )

*Don't Like/Awesome a comment that you don't agree with. And also, be kind and respectful to other's opinions so we can have a happy thread.*

I'll start: Sunset Valley is not the best town to play in. :p

GO!
    :mrgreen:

Sunset Valley isn't the best world to play in, because there are just so many custom worlds out there that are better, and already include content from multiple expansion packs from the get go. Is that really an unpopular opinion through?
    Okay, I'm in the minority because I actually like Sunset Valley. The world is so poorly organized, it's a planner's dream to re-visualize (no offense offered to The Sims Team)! It has a ton of lots to work with and lots of space. It just needs a good sorting out. It's literally a smorgasbord of potential.

I won't say I'm in love with building but, I will say that I don't mind it. As far as the rabbit holes buildings are concerned, it all depends on which world they are in which determines whether they get bulldozed and replaced (with a custom build using RH rugs). If I like the build, I keep it and annex the building.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    I know thata lot of people don’t like how easy it is to make money in Sims 3 and they like to insure that their sims have a tougher time.

But having been in the position of trying to decide between food and rent In real life (thank god, things are looking up) I’d rather not relive those moments in my game or inflict the pain that @Featherbelle and I’ve both experienced on my sims.

Meteors, lightning, setting sims on fire and detonations aside. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    I know thata lot of people don’t like how easy it is to make money in Sims 3 and they like to insure that their sims have a tougher time.

But having been in the position of trying to decide between food and rent In real life (thank god, things are looking up) I’d rather not relive those moments in my game or inflict the pain that @Featherbelle and I’ve both experienced on my sims.

Meteors, lightning, setting sims on fire and detonations aside. :mrgreen:

^Yup. Been there, done that too @Nikkei_Simmer . :( That's also why I rarely have sims that are poor in my games.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Maybe it's just my play style, but making money does not come easily in my games. The opportunities to make simoleons via self-employment, freelance, moonlighting and collecting in addition to the crazy 'raise amounts which comes with certain careers does make it seem like it's easy.

The first thing I have to do when I start my game is send them grocery shopping, 'cause once the bills come due I don't know if they will have enough money left over to buy food with. The slow grind of getting the house in a truly livable state, with furniture that doesn't cause low moodlet values and so on eats through my Sims cash almost as fast as they can earn it. If there are children in the household, money drains three times as fast. I don't use any cheats in my game.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I enjoyed reading what you like and don't like in your games. I agreed and liked and awesomed and even clicked on insightful a time or two.

Mostly I agreed with smaller houses and building for sims with routing as a key factor. I also rarely play occult sims or pets (plural) as one is usually more than enough for me.

My unpopular opinion would probably be that I grow up babies as soon as they are born after feeding, snuggling, and playing with them.
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Unpopulair opinion: I don't really like dressing female sims, and have many more male sims in my game that I do like to dress. Clothing CC of mine is also 85% geared to men.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    edited October 2019
    mw1525 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just my play style, but making money does not come easily in my games. The opportunities to make simoleons via self-employment, freelance, moonlighting and collecting in addition to the crazy 'raise amounts which comes with certain careers does make it seem like it's easy.

The first thing I have to do when I start my game is send them grocery shopping, 'cause once the bills come due I don't know if they will have enough money left over to buy food with. The slow grind of getting the house in a truly livable state, with furniture that doesn't cause low moodlet values and so on eats through my Sims cash almost as fast as they can earn it. If there are children in the household, money drains three times as fast. I don't use any cheats in my game.

@mw1525 - Actually there are ways to make a handsome amount of money in TS3, without having to use cheats. Buying, renovating and selling the Classically Cool Fixer-upper Car from Roaring Heights is one of the best. It only costs 350 §, but after 1-2 days of work on it, you can sell it for 39000 §! :smiley: That's what I call a nice profit! :smiley:

Car-pictures, work in progress below:
    G4T0ErR.jpg

kJFrmoa.jpg

ewNfotK.jpg
    @SuzyCue72 - Yes, I'm aware there are many ways to make a quick simoleon in the game. My Sims don't make money fast due to how I play. I play a (close-as-possible) realistic game, which means no instant job just because they have entered the world. My Sims must first learn how to take care of themselves, by learning how to think, cook and socialize with others (logic, cooking and charisma). Then they begin to learn a skill which can be applied to a job or a career. If they are slow learners, things take a bit longer. During this time, the only money they have is whatever is left over from what they started with. After that, every simoleon they earn goes into improving their living conditions and building their future.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited October 2019
    My unpopular opinion is that I don't think Sweet Treats was all that bad. Yeah, some of the clothes and hair were atrocious, and yes, the theme can easily become overwhelming. But, I actually really like some of the stuff from that pack when it comes to building community lots like ice cream shops or things like that. And I like the gingerbread themed playground stuff for my winter festival lots. Plus, some of the clothes like the sparkly "Jessica Rabbit" dress were pretty nice. All in all, I don't think it deserved the amount of hate it got.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that I don't think Sweet Treats was all that bad. Yeah, some of the clothes and hair were atrocious, and yes, the theme can easily become overwhelming. But, I actually really like some of the stuff from that pack when it comes to building community lots like ice cream shops or things like that. And I like the gingerbread themed playground stuff for my winter festival lots. Plus, some of the clothes like the sparkly "Jessica Rabbit" dress were pretty nice. All in all, I don't think it deserved the amount of hate it got.

I'm with you on this one. :+1:
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    gave you both awesomes as I agree the build items were worth it for me to find the pack on amazon.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @budewarmin With me it is the other way around! :D

@GabbyGirlJ Sweet Treats was not a bad SP. It brought some colour to the game that other SPs might not have been able to make.

Although saying that I have never used any of those dresses for any of my Sims! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 , lol! I don’t use all of them because some are sooo bad, but I like the striped sequined evening gown as a career outfit for my torch singers. I’ve used the plain version of the vinyl minidress a few times and my neighborhood vamp is currently running around in a black version of the Jessica Rabbit dress breaking hearts and relationships. :D
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Ok, this is the game with those abundant hot dog costumes, but really :unamused:
    It's the only stuff pack I don't have, I should add, which means I don't really know the contents. I guess I don't miss much. Which doesn't count as unpopular opinion, I guess.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Turjan : you´re right, it´s a very popular opinion that the Katy Perry-Pack is awful! And when it comes to clothing it is! ;)
    But if you would like to build an ice cream or candy shop, the furniture is quite good.
    TJg3nG3.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited October 2019
    I think I get diabetes from looking at that. I should probably add that, although I have all other stuff packs, I don't care that much about them. I probably use some of the clothing or hair (I never know where stuff I use is from), but as far as furniture is concerned, I mostly stick to base game and HELS, which I started out with, and rarely Supernatural or ITF. It probably doesn't help I don't like decorating houses. I spam those cheap Chinese vases and some stuff from UL and call it a day.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @AlexaKry Those bras where and still are shocking but like you said, you do actually get an option to build a decent ice cream place :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7 @GabbyGirlJ : you really don´t like this bras? :p
    J0qTIhQ.jpg
    Tg00Wj5.jpg
    FkPBaG3.jpg

^Good nelly! :scream:

So EA would allow something like that to be worn in the game when they don't even allow a super couch makeout sessions and butt grabbing like was in Sims 2 because they wanted to make it more teen friendly?

Yeeeeah. A whole lot of sense that makes. :unamused:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    I agree that some of the clothes from K. P. Sweet Treats are awful and/or silly, but others are okay, I think, especially if you happen to like sequins:

b6FYO4u.jpg

AdxpFv8.jpg

rq2UpLx.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top