Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glowing/Occult Eyes shown but not working?

SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
So when creating a sim I noticed that the occult eyes now show for non occult sims but don't show up or work correctly. Were the eyes updated to work for all sims? Or were they unlocked for spellcasters? Because I wanted to give my (non cc) sims the glowing/occult eyes .

Oh and they aren't working for spellcasters either.
Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    This is a bug which the gurus are aware of and it’s always been around ever since ROM released. They should be working on a fix.
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley So they aren't going to work for spellcasters and non occult sims once they "fix" it? Or....

And thanks for the swift response.....

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @MaggieMarley So they aren't going to work for spellcasters and non occult sims once they "fix" it? Or....

And thanks for the swift response.....

I believe they are meant to work for spellcasters but that they shouldn’t even be an option for non-occults. So that’s what should be the case after they get round to fixing it.
  • Options
    As long as spellcasters can have them Im cool with that. Would be nice if sims didn't have to be occult to have glowing eyes though! Thanks! @MaggieMarley

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    As long as spellcasters can have them Im cool with that. Would be nice if sims didn't have to be occult to have glowing eyes though! Thanks! @MaggieMarley

I agree. It would be nice if those eyes were available for everyone. I wish they were not locked behind a lifestate. Same for the pointy ears.
  • Options
    Dove_CGDove_CG Posts: 13 New Member
    The pointy ears can be unlocked with a mod if you're amenable to mods (I know of one by Khitsule and one by CMar.) I think they require either expansion with pointy ears.

Btw, I have a different version of this glitch (I don't have RoM or IL but I do have Vampires and GW.) Admittedly, I have a lot of CC eyes and some default eyes, so I'm not sure if the EA/default eyes for the occults are showing up, but I have a set of Alien CC eyes that are untagged for human and they're definitely showing up under non-occult in-game. They seemed to apply properly in CAS on the Sim but I never tried saving them so I'm not sure if they work during gameplay. It's just annoying: I wanted to use them but I didn't want them clogging up the non-occult section. Also, I've noticed a lot of CAS issues where I'd apply a hair or eyebrow color to a little girl Sim who I'm pretty sure was non-occult and it kept changing in the thumbnail when I went to save. (I've had a similar issue in the past and present where aliens get the wrong color during the selection process.) :(