Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Farming Expansion Pack Ideas [Farming]

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    It looks so cool but I have the feelings it's too much for an EP in TS4...

The lots are way too small and we would need a bunch of 60x60 above to build an actual farm. Even that wouldn’t seem to be enough. 80x80 at the smallest for an actual farm with acres or raising livestock.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    This would be a great pack if we got half of what's suggested. In response to what someone said about selling meat, I wish sims could cook the fish they catch. A farm pack should also include a carnival and open market.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    A farmer's market would be cool. I didn't realize Sims can't cook the fish in Sims4. I haven't gotten to fishing yet.
    I keep having problems where I start to play & then realize I want custom content bc I can't find what I'm looking for so I close it & start downloading & then get distracted.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Is it weird that, despite absolutely HATING everything about Farming, I really want a Farming pack now?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    There's some backgrounds and props already made for a Western Ranching type pack in Get Famous. That sheriff's jail, swing doors and bar!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    We could have a variety of different farms, like a cow & chicken farm, crop farm, horse ranch or vineyard where you make nectar!
    a256aFi.gif
    New Build/Buy: Sliding barn doors, chicken wire fence, farm stall fencing, silos, butter/dairy churn, spinning wheel, sewing machine, mechanical rodeo bull, I could see the industrial/rustic items (like sliding barn doors) work really well in an urban loft build--so these items have cross-appeal for sure.

Farm animal objects:
    Troughs, straw beds (3x5 area of straw for farm animals to sleep in), automatic feeding high-tech through, cow barn, chicken coops, horse stable
    a256aFi.gif
    I like all of the ideas in the last post. Automatic water troughs are a good idea. I have one on my farm. I just remembered I need to buy more hay for my cows.
    The chicken coop we had was very sophisticated with automatic waterers, feeders that could be filled up & distributed more food as they ate, & heat lamps to keep them warm in winter. It was put inside the barn for extra protection from the elements-- that was mostly for the younger chickens. Once they were old enough to safely roam in the chickenyard there was a chicken house with nesting boxes, large feeders, & a pond they could drink from.
    It‘s coming!
    tumblr_pxj2deLmt31xsrayeo2_r1_540.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    I rather make soda than nectar.
    It‘s coming!
    tumblr_pxj2deLmt31xsrayeo2_r1_540.png
    Awesome!! While I want it to be soon, I'm hoping they will take their time to create it well & not just slap something together with little content that needs to be patched majorly later on.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I hope its farming but chances are slim, its only says horses nothing much added.

The Sims Game
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

If the world has a few lots that has dirt paths and not so much visible “stuff” I could use it for historical saves.

Yay for knitting and more stuff to craft with the handiness-skill.

Chickens would be great! I would really like that.

Homeschooling could be fun.

Ehh... zero interest in the mechanical bull, we all want different things I guess. I just don’t tie that together with farming or Off-The-Grid. Feels like that would eat all the animations for little amusement. I mean it’s fun but I think I prefer it if the animation-budget went elsewhere.

Had a sim living Off-The-Grid in Sulani and it was a lot of fun. I quite like it.

Hmm... Guess I don’t see farming or Off-The-Grid as anti-tech, rather not wanting to be wasteful but again that can just be me. However, it could certainly be a fun trait to play with so this could be a good place to get it in. First sim ever who doesn’t dive after the mobile in that case. How would that work. Personally I use mods just to get my sims off the phone, a sim who doesn’t like it or run to a computer ASAP would be a nice change.
    I hope you don‘t forget to put in WooHoo in a haystack! Yeehaw!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCogCaG7EF0
    a256aFi.gif
    edited September 2019
    I‘d really like the world to have some sense of community like Sulani does. When you live in a small rural community you usually stick together more than in a city! Sulani‘s neighbor friendliness would fit right into a country world.

Also during welcome wagon, instead of fruitcake you get some seeds to start your farm.
    a256aFi.gif
    edited October 2019
    Canning should definitely return! Make a variety of canned spreads or foods you can eat on toast during winter!
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    • Jam (Strawberry, peach, oranges, grapes or other fruits)
    • Pickles (variety of vegetables)
    • Pickled Eggs (uses eggs from chickens)
    FEATURED-IMAGE-PSD-3.png

You can make these at a regular stove or canning station.
    a256aFi.gif
  • RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    edited October 2019
    The livestock is a huge selling point as I would love to care for farm animals.

I'm not too excited about the dark side of being a farmer which is selling your livestock to the slaughterhouse or doing it yourself x_x
    So if they do add livestock in a pack like this I would like it to have funny "vegi" alternatives, kind of like cowplant, but more of a plant-sim vibe with the vegi-livestock, so basically plantsim chickens/cows/pigs. I would feel less bad about selling plant-based lifestock to the slaughterhouse than actual livestock.

Edit: also they gotta update the fertilizing options because as it is now it is frustrating to fertilize the plants in my gardens.
    I made a suggestion about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Favorite-Fertilizer-Option-Please/m-p/8318630
    Canning could be a new hobby, especially for elders! Grandma could make jams
    a256aFi.gif
    edited November 2019
    There could also be a new type of occult in a Farming expansion: Werewolves or PlantSims.

Werewolves could have special interactions with farm animals.

PlantSims would fit in because of the crops.

Also they could add body hair in a Farming expansion, because traditionally, people in the countryside are usually more "rough" and don't shave off their body hair.
    a256aFi.gif
  • ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    Sounds great. And so well thought out. I would love a pack like that. So many people are asking for a farming pack, hopefully they'll be listened to soon.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm for it all.
    I really hope there will be haystack WooHoo in a farming expansion
    a256aFi.gif
    LOL. That would be funny-- although, whoever thought that was a good idea (in real life) probably never got hay stuck to them. (No, I've never tried that in hay, but I've had hay stick to my clothes and hair when trying to move it around to feed my livestock. Lately I've been getting a high fiber kind that includes molasses and my cows go crazy for it. I swear if my cows were meat eaters I'd be on the menu though. LOL. One of them almost ate my hand when I was trying to get the hay out of the truck.