Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the forums five years old already?

If so, happy birthday! :smiley:

I remember when this place first opened in 2014. It made for some interesting reads! :D

You have to admit though, life would have been more dull had it not been for these forums :smile:

maxresdefault.jpg
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's also five years ago we got the CAS free tool to experiment with buiding Sims. And I agree, the threads of how one marketing guy was giving those away and the game made for some very interesting (to say the least) reading. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's also five years ago we got the CAS free tool to experiment with buiding Sims. And I agree, the threads of how one marketing guy was giving those away and the game made for some very interesting (to say the least) reading. lol

Say what now?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

Say what now?

You had to be there, lol. All buried and forgotten now, I guess.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    Um I’ve been on this forum for 10 years...
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited August 2019
    shokorose wrote: »

@shokorose, I believe that @king_of_simcity7 is saying that this site itself, the Vanilla forums, not the old "The Sims 3" site is 5 years old as this site did open 5 years ago this month. They moved the old threads from "The Sims 3" site to this site and made them "Read only" over there before they completely got rid of them over there.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member

Yeah, my account was created in 2013 but I believe that they changed the forums when The Sims 4 launched.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    DocPrivas wrote: »

Yeah, my account was created in 2013 but I believe that they changed the forums when The Sims 4 launched.

Yep. We've had forums since TS (the original). With each new version, they change the forums. (I've been on the forums since TS1 and was SimMasterAnubis for the whole of TS2.)
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I've been a member since 2003. They jut give it a face lift with each new iteration
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    I've been a member since 2003. They jut give it a face lift with each new iteration

However, often the forum is a new iteration so that your "count" starts over. I was amused when this (TS4) forum started that I went back to being brand new!
    KatAnubis wrote: »

However, often the forum is a new iteration so that your "count" starts over. I was amused when this (TS4) forum started that I went back to being brand new!

Technically the counts on this forum are tied to the start of the TS3 forum.
    If you look at my profile for example it says 2009, which is when I created the EA account.
    Before that I'm pretty sure the TS1 and TS2 accounts were tied together as well, as the same log in could get you into either.
    Meaning if you were signed up for TS1 you didn't have to create a new account to log into the TS2 forum.
    When EA took over they required a new account. Thus the 2009 start date.

If you look at my profile for example it says 2009, which is when I created the EA account.
    Before that I'm pretty sure the TS1 and TS2 accounts were tied together as well, as the same log in could get you into either.
    Meaning if you were signed up for TS1 you didn't have to create a new account to log into the TS2 forum.
    When EA took over they required a new account. Thus the 2009 start date.

I'm not sure what you mean by "EA took over" since EA was definitely in charge during TS2. (In fact, I still get emails on occasion on my EA email address even though I haven't used it since all of us SimMasters stepped down when TS3 started.)

When EA took over (the forums) they required a new account. Thus the 2009 start date.

I'm not sure what you mean by "EA took over" since EA was definitely in charge during TS2. (In fact, I still get emails on occasion on my EA email address even though I haven't used it since all of us SimMasters stepped down when TS3 started.)

Okie dokie...I went ahead and fixed that for ya....have a bene. B)

When EA took over (the forums) they required a new account. Thus the 2009 start date.

Okie dokie...I went ahead and fixed that for ya....have a bene. B)

LOL! I had forgotten how long TS2 lasted (2004-2009). I was thinking that TS4 started in 2009! So in reality the forum isn't 5 years old, but is 10 years old (trying to bring it back to the OP.)

It looks like I joined TS1 forum about the same time that you did, since I "got hooked" because the salesman talked me into buying TS1 when I was pre-ordering SimCity 4 in December of 2003. I started playing immediately and even though I picked up my SC4 pre-order, I didn't play it until they came out with the patch for it. (I get a kick out of people complaining about patches not happening when it was about 6 months before we got the SC4 patch to make it playable at all. They forget how difficult it is to troubleshoot and *fix* some of the code without breaking something else. We learned that when we were "game testing" TS2!)
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Gosh, it's absurd how easily time flies! It doesn't even feel like five years since the first moment we played The Sims 4. Let's hope more and more exciting things are about to arrive for The Sims 4, so we can keep contributing to the forums. :D