Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 seasons vs. Sims 3 seasons

123457...Next

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Defiantly sims 4 due to the customisable calendar and being able to create the holidays I want. The only thing I miss from sims 3 are snow days and the autumn fog. I did like sims 3 seasons but hated there was only 4 holidays and they were very much Americanised and not diverse enough.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Even with the calendar I prefer Sims 3, another thing is the realism in Sims 3 when it came to snow depth. The snow depth in Sims 4 looks false and turns me off. For me this was expected as most packs are gimped in some shape or form.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Sims 3 Seasons.

I am that kind of player who loves a lot of activities provided for my sims and sends them out of town to do things all the time.
    So with Sims3 Seasons that was simple there. Made more sence and was thought trough. Trick or treating with the kids in fall, writing love letters and online dating in spring, playing socker in summer, or snowboarding in winter. It also had that seasonal and holiday feel, since you had several seasonal party events such as pool party and gift giving party. I personally loved the seasonal festivals. It was something for every age group, a family thing.

The activities in the Sims4, espacially the group activities are kinda bad,. I dislike the fact, that two sims can not skate together. I really dislike the fact, that you have to buy a 50.- pack just to get a suntan/burn or you have to buy a 10.- pack to crave pumpkin in fall. Not really thought trough out.
    I wished that sims4 came with the ability to set your own party events, with the options to determine the clothing attire and the activities. I know that is not a thing in the sims3

I dont really engage with the holiday traditions, because you can already do those things without it. I only keep like winterfest and new years eve, because these are two of the few ones that provide new gameplay. The calender is kinda nice to have, for a cute reminder, but i dont really need it to know that today is work out day, for my sim.
    But i can kinda see myself using the traditions a lot more after reading this thread, but i will say its not game changing or something that i was excited about.

I do wish, that you could set your own seasons length, and it would start from Monday till Sunday. Monday beeing the new day for a new season.

I wish that you could see how the weather will be on the other worlds too, when watching the television i guess.

I do think that the nailed some of the seasonal traditions such as new years eve party #Shooshobii. Love the new dishes, even though i wished that pumpkin would be its own ingredients, i miss pumpkin soup, but modds i guess...

I enjoy how seasons looks in the sims4, it is really immersive, even though the snow depth would made it even better, but ist not something that annoys me too much. . In the Sims3 i often would turn off snow... rain... or hail.... and set summer really long or play in a tropical world, so theres that.

Happy Simming.

__

• SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I love the three EP about Seasons in sims 2 , 3 and 4. One of the best released ever in the franchise as pets. That's what the studio makes and made all their hearts and souls in each.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)