Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why only Brazil?

I want to play it too.
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Look at http://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/60621/soft-launch/ and http://www.gameanalytics.com/blog/softly-does-it-3-steps-to-mastering-your-games-soft-launch.html and https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_launch to understand why more and more games are soft launched in only a single country before their worldwide release.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited August 2017
    Why only Brazil?
    EA Brazil has a 'special' connection with The Sims.

Most of the leaks about The Sims have come from Brazil.

More than likely it is to shut them up - ie throw them this and divert their attention.

However, we know we are getting Pets, so it is kind of fruitless.

Long live Pets!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited August 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Why only Brazil?
    EA Brazil has a 'special' connection with The Sims.

Most of the leaks about The Sims have come from Brazil.

More than likely it is to shut them up - ie throw them this and divert their attention.

However, we know we are getting Pets, so it is kind of fruitless.

Long live Pets!
    Earlier Canada was the most used country for a test release because it was similar to the US, had the same time zones and a limited population. But Brazil seems to be a good alternative. (The US is of course out of the question because a US release would always be seen as the official release of the game anyway.)
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    Brazilians spend a lot of time online being a large country (in size), gives them the opportunity to test servers with great access of people on the game.

A soft launch also makes the ideas of the community heard more easily and small chances of great disapproval of the public.

Since the launch the game has received good improvements and I believe we are close to an official release for all countries.
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    edited October 2018
    Well it never changed. Um ya tell me again. Idc anymore
    Post edited by Tiffany562411 on
  • SimfullysimminSimfullysimmin Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Tiffany562411 said:
    > Cause it isn't good enough to go global & maybe it never will cause EA don't realize what there doing wrong.
    >
    > (EA why u do this to me)
    >
    > I'm just about done with this game & ready to quit. I regret I paid money in this & EA if u don't get it right then I'm gone & only other mobile games i play will continue to get my money & not u. What's it gonna be EA? I got money for u if u make the right choice. My sims need energy to function & u capped them & now u make me regret buying sim cash from u. EA learn to appreciate your users & stop plum on us

Hello, I was very upset with the sim cap too, but they clarified on Instagram that it's not forever, it's so when the game launches globally everyone can catch up. It still took the need to want to play it if you ask me... Another mobile game that punishes long time players.. The same reason I stopped playing a certain game for the same reason. I don't even see why other newer players need "catch up" it's a game where you play on your own time... There's no community or real life events...
  • SimfullysimminSimfullysimmin Posts: 11 New Member
    I don't know why you don't just take away the energy crap anyways... Put a price tag on it say 4.99 (I've paid more for apps) and when you make expansions charge for them too.... I think the game has a lot of potential but I don't think it was executed well... I actually prefer the sims mobile over sims freeplay (I've spent a ton of money in that one too) because the sims look better and they don't walk funny. The whole energy cap is just BS and the recharges on our items is ridiculous... I actually liked the game before these stupid updates... When we started with 30 energies and could use our fridges for snacks and our beds to sleep in to recharge our energies. I really think you shouldn't punish the long time players to let new players play catch up.... It's annoying.... Plus there's never any info on this game and when it's going to release.... It was announced back in May and never any info on it.... I don't even know if that is a legit the sims mobile account but they said the game was in its final stretch in the apple/google play app review... How long does it take? 6 months? How long are we gonna have this cap for new players to catch up?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited September 2017
    All that's happening is a common, normal mobile app beta launch. It's normal for this to be geographically limited. It's normal for there to be several months between beta launch and full launch. It's also normal that this is when a lot of tweaking happens to an app. Constructive feedback can help support the data they get to see what players need in that tweaking.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    Simfullysimmin...Hello, I was very upset with the sim cap too, but they clarified on Instagram that it's not forever, it's so when the game launches globally everyone can catch up. It still took the need to want to play it if you ask me

Why would they do that for that reason? How long will this energy cap be for & will it go back to the way it was?
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    well ... i waited for this game to launch at last, it's been months meantime
    & today i discovered a new mobile game, which is very similar to the sims franchise
    seems also to be fun so far
    finally another company produced a direct competition, i am grateful for that, only competition makes good games
    cause
    so far TS4 disappointed, Sims Freeplay disappointed, TS3 for mobile disappointed & now it just takes too long for TSMobile to even launch,
    EA - either make The Sims better or just give up :tongue:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    i'm wait for simplified chinese version
  • Wyx2830Wyx2830 Posts: 129 Member
    @零35 No matter Which one performance,Mandarin is our language,you can't force any country accept our language,we don't have to wait others to make it,and why the simplified chinese version has been move,for now too much mod can fill this sadness.>>>>>>>