Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will be in the update before university?

Comments

• jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Buildable apartments. I could almost see a new lot type like this introduced in a patch. Especially one preceding university.

Just a want of mine, and in no way an expectation or speculation.
  • KerrahSimKerrahSim Posts: 13 New Member
    This should be really added!
  • The guesses people make are probably never right. So im just going to say that I don't care as long as its useful .
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I would love it if they added a graduation day for Sims it would give Sim kids & teens a reson to go to school and do homework 📚 don’t you think? However in the update we will probably online courses or something.

• An actual graduation ceremony, not a rabbit hole event, yes. And they should include high school graduation. Small things like that add depth and layer to the gameplaying experience.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited September 2019
    realistically:

maybe something small like possibility to hire skill tutors for your sims of all ages
    or furniture that fits in smaller spaces (aka ''furniture for your dorm'')
    or rabbit hole private school for kiddos so they are ''included''

hopefully but probably not:

something big like creating dorms or apartments yourself with some handy dandy mechanic idk
    editing common space perhaps? multiple lot types in one? rental lot type anywhere?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'd like to see a small education system overhaul, with homeschooling (basically a freelance career for kids) and private schooling (an expensive rabbit hole with a greater chance for a stressed modlet, but an increase to salary or an extra boost in starting position, beyond what getting an A in high school currently gives you) as options.

I'd like a graduation ceremony, but not as an active event. A rabbit hole where they come back with a picture in a graduation cap and gown shaking the hand of a sim created/designated as a school principal would be fine. I don't need to watch my sim cross a stage. Though a graduation party, where you could invite all those family members you don't actually have a relationship with would be good.

I'd also like bunk beds as a base game item. And/or loft beds with desks underneath them.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'd like to see a small education system overhaul, with homeschooling (basically a freelance career for kids) and private schooling (an expensive rabbit hole with a greater chance for a stressed modlet, but an increase to salary or an extra boost in starting position, beyond what getting an A in high school currently gives you) as options.

I'd like a graduation ceremony, but not as an active event. A rabbit hole where they come back with a picture in a graduation cap and gown shaking the hand of a sim created/designated as a school principal would be fine. I don't need to watch my sim cross a stage. Though a graduation party, where you could invite all those family members you don't actually have a relationship with would be good.

I'd also like bunk beds as a base game item. And/or loft beds with desks underneath them.

Hmm... if we can choose the outfit of the sim getting a graduation-pic I would be into that. We have a different type of cap here so I would prefer to not be restricted to the US cap and gown.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    I definitely want a homeschool and private school option. I do not mind if these are simple, text based interactions: i.e. sign up on a cell phone or computer, pay your tuition for private school or select homeschool. I'm not sure I want "impress NPC to gain entrance to private school period", but the option to impress an NPC for reduced price or even free private school would be neat for sure. Bunk beds and bikes would be cool too.

I imagine homeschool would need you to click a "upload homework" interaction as well. This would mean you'd definitely need at the very least a computer nook in your home, or a laptop in someone's inventory. That would mean a parent needs to be a freelance writer for a while, you need to cheat, or have Strangerville. Huh, I guess that brings me to: a basegame laptop you do not need to unlock in game/cheat unlock
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited October 2019
    My first thought was sitting where ever you want on the ground. That way Sims can do bookwork anywhere without chairs. Bunk beds is something I can easily see coming in a patch.

Cars and bikes would be an awesome addition to University. Can't see them doing it since both are crowd favorites and sellable, but it would make University worth it to people not into that part of the game.

Hopefully, both.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    My first thought was sitting where ever you want on the ground. That way Sims can do bookwork anywhere without chairs. Bunk beds is something I can easily see coming in a patch.

Cars and bikes would be an awesome addition to University. Can't see them doing it since both are crowd favorites and sellable, but it would make University worth it to people not into that part of the game.

Hopefully, both.

Bikes may come with Uni. I could see those being added but I'd love for cars to come in the Nov Patch for free.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Probably nothing. I wish it was something like a new school update but no doubt EA would try to monetize of that. If University does well maybe they’ll do a pack to revamp the school system.
    edited October 2019
    Probably nothing. I wish it was something like a new school update but no doubt EA would try to monetize of that. If University does well maybe they’ll do a pack to revamp the school system.

There will be something as this is a Pre EP Patch and we always get something added to the base game. I really want it to be cars but I"ll be suprised if it is. I would however be happy if it adds new relationships to CAS like boy/girlfriend and engaged.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Would be amazing if they finally (after 5 years).. add cars and bikes as transportation methods, but no way that will happen.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I really liked the idea some people mentioned, about different subjects of homework. I'd like to see that. Maybe you can choose which kind you do each day, and it'd provide a boost to a certain skill. If you want, you can tackle multiple kinds of homework to help improve your grade and gain skills. That way, you can kind of choose what your sim is learning in school, which would make it feel more personal.

Homework could also get fine-tuned to give certain sims bad moodlets. Doing your assignments without an adult's could make your sims bored, miserable or angry. It could drain fun.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Homework could also get fine-tuned to give certain sims bad moodlets. Doing your assignments without an adult's could make your sims bored, miserable or angry. It could drain fun.

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. As it stands now, if my simkids have been doing well in elementary school (A plus several bonus days off) and if the lot/house is big enough, they can be done with their homework before the adult tasked to "help with homework" can get to them. (Makes getting that Whiz Kid aspiration a little trickier if I don't do it first.) And this applies no matter what their trait is.

Granted I play on long life, so seeing "dominate homework" is normal for me.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    As someone mentioned I still don't know why we dont have the option to sit any where on the floor, sit on counters or tables or stairs etc. Seems such a simple thing. I always wanted teens to gather on the floor and do homework for a sleepover. Plus then we can have an actual picnic. I. Doubt it but it would be nice if It came with uni.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    As someone mentioned I still don't know why we dont have the option to sit any where on the floor, sit on counters or tables or stairs etc. Seems such a simple thing. I always wanted teens to gather on the floor and do homework for a sleepover. Plus then we can have an actual picnic. I. Doubt it but it would be nice if It came with uni.

I hope so, I miss having picnics
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    So we've all seen that the leaks are leaning truer and truer each day, and with the tease from The Sims team and the trailer for tomorrow it's all, but confirmed. My curiosity comes from the potential patch we could have. What do you think the free patch could have and what would you like to have it be? I feel like it could potentially be bunk beds (Or at least I am hoping), it would also be cool to have a patch based on school and education.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I have no idea what the patch might bring, but I want it to be the some basic bicycles (with more models and color options if you bought the EP).
    I've been hoping for bikes for some time now, but am not really interested in University.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I'm hoping for body hair!
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Hoping for something more with education. For a graduation ceremony, wouldn't we need a new "town hall" or "ceremony" venue that caters to graduation AND weddings? A church would be simple, but I feel so many people would be against calling that, even if there were no religious ceremonies OR imagery added so it would probably be best labeled as a town hall.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
    Relationship ties in Cas boy/girlfriend and online dating
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Something for non-young adults; like an overhaul for the school system for kids and teens, adding things like prom, diverse projects like essays and presentations, graduation, school dances, report cards, boarding/private school, schhol subjects, etc. Also pre-school for toddlers.

But it won't happen.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Something for non-young adults; like an overhaul for the school system for kids and teens, adding things like prom, diverse projects like essays and presentations, graduation, school dances, report cards, boarding/private school, schhol subjects, etc. Also pre-school for toddlers.

But it won't happen.

As this is about college and not grade/high school, probably not.

I would love a kids GENIUS trait that would allow a child to enroll in college. That could be fun to play. Young Sheldon.