Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well Origin Is Down Again!

Went to play my game, but can't because Origin is saying it's offline, I rebooted Origin, and tried login back in, and it still wont let me in!

I've been sick all weekend, and just wanted to relax and maybe create some Sims in CAS for fun, and now I can't! I hate that we are not even in control of any games we get through Origin, if it doesn't work, we can't play our game, even if there is nothing wrong with the games!

The game isn't supposed to rely on us being online, so they said, but it actually does, The Sims 4 has from the beginning! Of course I also have The Sims 3 and The Sims 2 through Origin too, so I can't play them either, thanks Origin/EA/Maxis whoever is responsible! NOT!
To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!

Comments

• momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    You can play it offline with no problem
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    You can still sign in to origin and play it offline. I just finished a gaming session for the last couple of hours by doing that.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    Yep. I'm playing it now. (I browse the forums while waiting on loading screens)
  • starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    Misery loves company, I guess. I had set aside two hours to play today, and now I can't. I can't even sign into Origin. How are you able to get to "offline" playing?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    When I brought up Origin today it told me it couldn't load my game library because I was offline. When I tried to sign it, it said I couldn't sign in and to try again later. When I tried again it signed me in, but still said it couldn't load my game library and to try again later. Loaded it up one more time, and now it says Origin servers are unavailable.
    This isn't an issue of playing online or offline. Origin isn't working at all. (For the two of us anyway.)
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    Different sections down for different regions maybe? I opened origin and it took forever to load but it did let me sign in as offline and I was able to play. Obviously that's not happening in your cases so regionally different issues? I didn't think that was a thing, but it must be! :/
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i saw it go offline, but I was able to sign back in and start the game up without issue.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I couldn't go online for about two hours, but I tried again a few minutes ago and... success! It's updating to the latest version right now.
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    When I brought up Origin today it told me it couldn't load my game library because I was offline. When I tried to sign it, it said I couldn't sign in and to try again later. When I tried again it signed me in, but still said it couldn't load my game library and to try again later. Loaded it up one more time, and now it says Origin servers are unavailable.
    This isn't an issue of playing online or offline. Origin isn't working at all. (For the two of us anyway.)

Thank you - that's what I was suspecting.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited October 2019
    MIne seems to be back now but these kinda things are precisely why I keep the TS4 icon in my Dock. Origin has issues way too often for my liking. (bonus ones on Macs too :/)

ETA: and to no one's surprise, there's a new Origin patch to fix crashes.
    I'm back on, too - but no Origin update. Seems... odd. But then again, it IS Origin.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    On twitter ea is giving some information on this topic. My game closed itself few hours ago, then there was a notification saying I went offline. I don't know why it closed my game 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    edited October 2019
    Origin is up and letting me sign in, but I still can't play. After I click play, the Sims 4 icon just bounces up and down on my task bar like it's thinking about it until I force quit.
    It did say it needed to update this time when it first opened, but nothing happened after I put in my password, it just went to my library.

Edit: I wasn't able to get it to play until I deleted my existing Sims 4 folder. I tried to put my saved game back in, that I had backed up on my desktop precisely so I wouldn't lose it, but then it went back to not starting. I tried just the tray, and that didn't work either.
    I lost my Sims, because I hadn't shared them, lost months of gameplay and some builds I was working on that I hadn't shared. I don't know what happened to Origin today, but I'm angry.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Origin is up and letting me sign in, but I still can't play. After I click play, the Sims 4 icon just bounces up and down on my task bar like it's thinking about it until I force quit.
    It did say it needed to update this time when it first opened, but nothing happened after I put in my password, it just went to my library.

Edit: I wasn't able to get it to play until I deleted my existing Sims 4 folder. I tried to put my saved game back in, that I had backed up on my desktop precisely so I wouldn't lose it, but then it went back to not starting. I tried just the tray, and that didn't work either.
    I my Sims, because I hadn't shared them, lost months of gameplay and some builds I was working on that I hadn't shared. I don't know what happened to Origin today, but I'm angry.

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you! :'(

I never realized that we could lose our libraries too.
    Camkat wrote: »

I lost my Sims, because I hadn't shared them, lost months of gameplay and some builds I was working on that I hadn't shared. I don't know what happened to Origin today, but I'm angry.

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you! :'(

I never realized that we could lose our libraries too.

If you don't back it up, or in my case do, but the game gets corrupted somehow, yes you lose it.
    I'm still ranting at my son this morning. lol. I had been playing with one Sim since I started playing a few months ago. She was around 200 sim days old, had completed a lot of aspirations, had nearly every skill. Had complete collections. I had just made her have a daughter and was deciding what to do with her when this happened.

@lisamwitt are you on a Mac by chance? & if so, did you update to Catalina? (& also, do you still have the saves backed up?)
    edited October 2019
    @darrenfroggy I am on a Mac. I did just update to Catalina. I wasn't going to because my husband said he wasn't sure if I'd have problems, so I held off until last night. I didn't mention it here, though I guess I should since it might be pertinent.
    After I tried and failed repeatedly to get Origin to work, I installed the update hoping that was why. It was after that, that Origin worked again, but I couldn't play until deleting the Sims 4 folder, and I couldn't put my saved game back in.
    No, I no longer have it. After I tried repeatedly to put it back in, or put parts of it back in and failed, I threw it all away. I kinda wish I hadn't, I'd continue trying to find a work around. But it was 1 AM by the time I gave up and I was just cranky and tired. An earlier version of it may be backed up in the cloud, because we do auto backups of our entire hard drives there, but I'm not sure.
    @lisamwitt if you do find the backup somewhere, this post might be worth trying out: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Info-The-Sims-4-macOS-Catalina-Troubleshooting/m-p/8291917#M20883
    I just spent the afternoon going through this step by step (had to do the deleting of the UserData.lock file more than once, fyi). So I absolutely understand the frustration and I’m sorry the system’s being such a nuisance. I hope that troubleshooting post helps (there are some more solutions in the thread too, in case it doesn’t). Catalina apparently doesn’t play well with anything that’s not Mac native. (Insert my shocked face. I love my Mac but honestly, ugh)
    @lisamwitt if you do find the backup somewhere, this post might be worth trying out: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Info-The-Sims-4-macOS-Catalina-Troubleshooting/m-p/8291917#M20883
    I just spent the afternoon going through this step by step (had to do the deleting of the UserData.lock file more than once, fyi). So I absolutely understand the frustration and I’m sorry the system’s being such a nuisance. I hope that troubleshooting post helps (there are some more solutions in the thread too, in case it doesn’t). Catalina apparently doesn’t play well with anything that’s not Mac native. (Insert my shocked face. I love my Mac but honestly, ugh)

Thanks! I'll take a look at our backups and see what's there, then check out this thread. I appreciate the help.

Thanks! I'll take a look at our backups and see what's there, then check out this thread. I appreciate the help.

I hope you’ll find a way to get your saves back. Good luck!
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I couldn't access the gallery, because I had the same trouble with being off line. I was able to play my game offline. I was disappointed I could not use the gallery though.
    edited October 2019
    The gallery is currently crashing the game.. If it doesn't crash, it freezes and has to be force quit.

Edit: Apparently its not just the gallery. I was only able to play my game for a minute before it froze. Loaded it up again, and again, it froze after only a minute. It's just unplayable.

Edit again: I *may* have found a solution (for me anyway).
    When I looked at the latest crash report for the game, there was line after line of "EAWebkit.so" preceded by numbers, like it was trying and failing to do something endlessly. So I found the Webkit folder in Sims 4 and deleted everything in it. Then I loaded up my game, made sure I was offline, all online features were disabled, and played. No crash or lag.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I couldn't play my game online since October 5th. Could only play it offline. I so missed being able to save it the gallery not just my library.
    My game is fine now. I was able to play for hours last night. This morning I turned the online features back on and tried the gallery with no problems at all. Interestingly, the initial loading screen where the plumbob would come up and freeze for several seconds since a couple patches ago, now loads quickly again.
    I don't know if what worked for me will be of any help to anyone else, but if you want to try it... look in your Sims 4 folder and see if there is a folder called EAWebkit. If there is, delete it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I was finally able to save my new households today. The gallery is very sluggish.