Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like worlds to not have FX Buildings?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Please no more FX houses
    I'd rather they put another lot in places where the FX pops up in game (Sulani) Fine if they can't be bothered to build on it, I can just give me the empty lot and I'll take care of the rest.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Please no more FX houses
    If it is in the game it needs to be usable except for distant horizons period. Do not put it in the game if it is close enough for a sim to walk to if it can't be used. If i wanted a picture book I would buy one. The game is a game and needs to be playable if there are building etc in the game I expect to use them.Get rid of useless FX.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited October 2019
    I don't really care either way
    The backdrop buildings are really well done but they annoy me because they constantly remind me just how small the neighborhoods (I refuse to call them worlds) are. But, unfortunately the neighbourhoods would feel totally desolate without them.

I would rather have some of them be rabbit holes for the careers than just scenery. At least they would have a use in game. I really dont understand why they touted the lack of rabbit holes as a feature when they gave us this.

I just ignore them when I'm building, so that's not an issue.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Please no more FX houses
    The backdrop buildings are really well done but they annoy me because they constantly remind me just how small the neighborhoods (I refuse to call them worlds) are. But, unfortunately the neighbourhoods would feel totally desolate without them.

I would rather have some of them be rabbit holes for the careers than just scenery. At least they would have a use in game. I really dont understand why they touted the lack of rabbit holes as a feature when they gave us this.

I just ignore them when I'm building, so that's not an issue.

They are neighborhoods and not worlds and there is less interactive activity within each neighborhood. It is great to connect the neighborhoods but there are limitations in doing that as well. I do agree the neighborhoods are small and also static so no matter what you lay as far as houses it is still the same neighborhood overall and has very little compromise.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen