Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happens to Sims 4 Toddlers in game Should Stop.

StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
My Sims Family likes to go out to restaurants for the holidays, so most of our Restaurants Serve all the Grand meals and deserts. So, of course, we also bring our toddlers alone because they are part of the family. But what happens should be against Sims 4 laws. If we neglect our toddlers we get a warning or them remove from our home. But Somehow EA/Maxis feels it's OK for their Daycare to abuse our Toddlers.

The family had just arrived at the restaurant for seconds but the toddler was sent to daycare for no reason, so I click on bring the toddler here and they did. the mother took the toddler to the waiting table with a toddler high chair set her town ready to click on the high chair to give her food. But she poofed and she was not allowed the option to bring her back again, the toddler did arrive at the restaurant with needs all green close to full. soon I could see the toddler turn to red and the family went home with the holiday ruined by the daycare with the toddler all the way red for potty, red for fun and red for sleepy. This is mean and unfair and it should stop. If they take responsibility for our toddler they should treat them well and they should always come home with their needs in green and a happy moodlet.

EA/Maxis Should not exclude, ignore and remove our toddler when they visit a restaurant with their family, :'( also allow highchairs to be attached to tables, and toddlers should get food served to their highchair or just allow the parent to click on it for their food. How can EA/Maxis be so mean as not to recognize the most special member of the family for such outings...

Have anyone else had their family outing ruined from their Toddler being removed.?
Feel free to discuss other life stages in-game that you feel are being ill-treated.
we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
Post edited by Stormsview on

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    What the...?! How the...?! Who the Flaming HECK thought THAT was a good idea?! That's some BULL!! I mean, I get that a lot of people hate screaming kids at restaurants, but that's no excuse to take that out on Toddlers in-game!! ...And I bet that IS someone's "revenge" on screaming pre-schoolers in real life restaurants, too... :(
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I feel you. Its ridiculous that restaurants weren't updated to include toddlers after they were added. Heck, there are a LOT of things that weren't and really should have been, but still aren't. GT clubs still can't have toddlers, GTW stores still don't have toddler manikins, heck even base game venues have never been updated to add toddler stuff, etc. The restaurants thing is a whole new level of ridiculous though. There is no excuse for why there are still no toddler foods and why tots get sent to daycare automatically.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    sims 4 feels like Sims 1 - all your sims with Things To Do are Adults, and the kids just sit around doing nothing til you get bored of them and kill them in the pool out back /s
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Unexcusable! Parents should have the say on their toddlers/kids, not EA! I fully agree with the suspicion that someone is venting their private peeve. Like the doghouse flap. Games are no place for the insertion of personal biases.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Toddlers have 3 costumes for the Costume tradition in Seasons......two are for Christmas and one is the BG pijamas....it's just 🐸🐸🐸🐸. It's really really 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

And yet they insist on adding ugly humongous YA costumes, which they don't even add to the costume list. It drives me insanely mad.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited October 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Toddlers have 3 costumes for the Costume tradition in Seasons......two are for Christmas and one is the BG pijamas....it's just plum. It's really really plum.

And yet they insist on adding ugly humongous YA costumes, which they don't even add to the costume list. It drives me insanely mad.

Yeah. The lack of tweaks to accommodate Toddlers in pre-Toddler Patch content, the lack of good non-object play interactions for Children, the weak snowball/water balloon fight animations, the fact that the recent magic pack had nothing for anyone younger than Teen...Sometimes, it's like the game is engineered more for giving Gen Y and Gen Z players the fantasy young adulthood we were robbed of the chance at due to the older generations' horrible economic decisions than anything.

"Here, Millennials and...whatever we decide to call you post-Millennials...we broke the economy and made college monstrously expensive while continuing to give you a K-12 education that does precious little to prepare you for the adult world, but, hey! We made a game for you where you can pretend you were able to move out of your parents' house, live away from them without room mates or student debt, have any real chance of advancement in your career, and can actually afford to own a home! Enjoy!"
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited October 2019
    I don't know about the other stuff, since I've never tried to take my toddler out with my adults. And my kids always come back from daycare fine.
    But I do know you can put a highchair at a table. Maybe it's not all the tables or highchairs? You just put it close to the table and it snaps to it, just like a chair.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Huh, that's odd. I've never had that problem with my toddlers. Maybe I'm just lucky?
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    sims 4 feels like Sims 1 - all your sims with Things To Do are Adults, and the kids just sit around doing nothing til you get bored of them and kill them in the pool out back /s

Except Sims 1 was 10 times more fun and enjoyable than Sims 4....

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Highchairs do snap onto tables.

Now, to business, WHAT ON EARTH!?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Toddlers have 3 costumes for the Costume tradition in Seasons......two are for Christmas and one is the BG pijamas....it's just plum. It's really really plum.

I've never been brave enough to take my toddler to a restaurant, because of how buggy they are (can only just get a date to work okay with 2 ya/a), but I'm so sad the game won't even allow me an opportunity. I also take issue with the lack of costumes (feel exactly the same as the above poster), normal toddler clothes, and activities.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The daycare system does stink for toddlers and all ages. Why I was hoping for some sort of active daycare for university at least because that is going to be a mess too with students trying to their classes and neglecting their kids. I would love the whole NPC system to be improved upon like have nannies and maids actually not be lazy all the time and bring back a real child protective service NPC again. It is weird having kids poof like the alien invasions. My dream would be to take my toddlers, babies, and kids on vacation and on any age appropriate lot. But that might be a pipe dream wishing even that basic of family play again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    The daycare system does stink for toddlers and all ages. Why I was hoping for some sort of active daycare for university at least because that is going to be a mess too with students trying to their classes and neglecting their kids. I would love the whole NPC system to be improved upon like have nannies and maids actually not be lazy all the time and bring back a real child protective service NPC again. It is weird having kids poof like the alien invasions. My dream would be to take my toddlers, babies, and kids on vacation and on any age appropriate lot. But that might be a pipe dream wishing even that basic of family play again.

I can't speak for restaurants (Dine Out doesn't interest me in the slightest), but daycare works just fine for my toddlers. They do come back with a yellow 'fun' bar, but they get fed and even improve some of their skills at daycare.

The nannies, however, are a nightmare. All they want to do is cook meals and read books. Every once in a while, they'll do something for the toddler, but it's usually not what the toddler needs.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'll admit I have not thought about this as deeply. The only place that my toddlers go out of their homes is a toddler park that I downloaded and tweaked specifically for them. They can have all of their needs met there. I haven't used it that much yet but maybe I'll have playdates for them there when I get more toddlers who know each other. Admittedly, I've never tried taking them to restaurants.

Some of the houses in my game are happy and functional families so I'm a player who ends up with some family play.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Yea the highchairs have been buggy for the longest time. Last time I played there was a thunderstorm in my game and my toddler kept getting queued to run inside while she was sitting in her high chair... INSIDE... So her mom or dad would always come up and take her out and she wouldn't eat in the chair. I haven't tried high chairs at restaurants as I've heard bad things about them and I'm not that brave. I usually take the family out to eat when there all beyond the toddler years sadly as I'm worried about bugs. But I mean the dine out experience is still bugged too but that's another story for another day 😩
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    edited October 2019
    Scobre wrote: »

I can't speak for restaurants (Dine Out doesn't interest me in the slightest), but daycare works just fine for my toddlers. They do come back with a yellow 'fun' bar, but they get fed and even improve some of their skills at daycare.

The nannies, however, are a nightmare. All they want to do is cook meals and read books. Every once in a while, they'll do something for the toddler, but it's usually not what the toddler needs.

Yes. Nannies are just as useless as they were in TS2. All they're good for is keeping the kids in bed so they can actually get a good night's sleep when both parents work overnight. The daycare, in my experience, doesn't do anything for the kids in terms of filling their sleep need. Childcare outside of household members in this game, like all Sims titles, is completely worthless...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    All sims kids and babies should be able to go with their parents places. The game has no business deciding otherwise. Strangers cannot come into our real houses and tell parents what to do with their kids (unless it is mistreating them of course) - neither should a game. That takes away from the reality of a life simulation. So I agree babies need to not be locked to a piece of furniture or forbid from entering where ever the parents can go. My kids went to restaurants with me. We had birthday parties at many restaurants over my kids lifetimes - why is my sims kids unable to have a chucke cheese birthday party? Nuturing kids is part of raising kids and they should be able to be with their parents not day care. My kids never went to day care - EVER!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I am not sure if I understand what is going on here. Don't get me wrong, i agree with all the neglect of all life stages accept YA&Adults after every new pack.

My experience when taking a toddler to a restaurant was actually very nice. I invited the whole family together for a meal at one of my build restaurants. I even invited my sim's sister who has a toddler and they came along. I have putted the toddler in the high chair and gave it ready peas. After that the father took him out and he just played while the rest was enjoying their meal.
    31-3-19-17-09-36.png

I do wish that I could have served the toddler restaurant food and just ordered a plate for the toddler or maybe a special section.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Thanks for all the excellent comments. Sorry, I could not get back sooner, was waiting for a new monitor deliver. I try to stay interested in The Sims 4. For the most part, I am a family player, even if I start out single.
    I am not sure if I understand what is going on here. Don't get me wrong, I agree with all the neglect of all life stages accept YA&Adults after every new pack.

My experience when taking a toddler to a restaurant was actually very nice. I invited the whole family together for a meal at one of my build restaurants. I even invited my sim's sister who has a toddler and they came along. I have putted the toddler in the high chair and gave it ready peas. After that the father took him out and he just played while the rest was enjoying their meal.
    31-3-19-17-09-36.png

I do wish that I could have served the toddler restaurant food and just ordered a plate for the toddler or maybe a special section.

This is a perfect picture. A sims family enjoying dinner. They do have the full toddlers menu at the restaurant its in the appetizer menu. And of course, Toddlers eat whatever parents are eating when served at home.
    I have fed a toddler at a restaurant before but it is rare that it works out well for me. What bothers me also is the restaurant staff is totally blinded by the fact that its a toddler there, When you order food for the table they do not show the toddler. What I wish EA/Maxis would do is... as long as a chair is attached to the table and a child is in the group it should be counted and recognize in the menu and in serving the food.

And I agree that we the parent should say if and when our child goes to daycare. Its no reason for EA to abuse toddlers at the daycare, they totally control that.

I have never had a toddler taken in-Sims 4 game. I am just like all simmers worry over our toddlers and take good care of them. So it is just no reason to take the toddler away at restaurants.

EA/Maxis Stop taking our Toddlers away its just no real reason for this. Why do you have applesauce and animal crackers on the menu if it is not to order for toddlers, is this another glitch that you did not bother to fix?

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited October 2019
    Stormsview wrote: »

Why do you have applesauce and animal crackers on the menu if it is not to order for toddlers, is this another glitch that you did not bother to fix?

I think this particular one isn't a bug or a glitch but rather the applesauce and crackers are there since they're quick meals that are available to all life stages and aren't toddler-specific (there is no meal that would be restricted to any life stage in the game).

ETA: the daycare situation seems very much like a bug though. There was an issue with it a few months back, but for me personally sending toddlers to daycare has been working just fine (minus, as someone else mentioned above, them having Fun while there).
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I think they have a list of fixes they should do and I believe allowing toddlers to be recognized in a restaurant is one of the things they have not gotten around to and perhaps never will. They also have on the list to fix the restaurant glitch of sometimes a Sim table never being served, it does not always happen but it happens too often. And that's a ruined family outing or date.

We should be able to order food for everyone in our group that comes to the restaurant.

A toddler can sit in a dining chair and eat and they do wish to as the toddler gets more skilled. everyone knows whats after a Highchair, a booster seat for toddlers in a normal dining chair, just the child would have to enter from the side or have a parent sit them there. In the toddler's home, I do sometimes pull back one of the dining chairs a foot away from the table so that they can eat with the family and they do go to that chair after they get their plate, they do sit and talk with the family. Having toddlers booster seats is a little sophisticated for the Sims? no not at all they can do it as a free update that would just affect dining chairs.

Another way that would be easier, is to make it so that when a toddler sits in a dining chair they climb in from the side and then they can auto-adjust them to sit a little higher so that they can be at eating level, all done without a parents help with an older toddler, with a younger toddler they could have the same with parents assisting them. This would make it easier for the toddler to be served and recognized at restaurants.

Toddlers not bring recognized in a restaurant and not being served is wrong and an insult to a member of the Sims family so when they get around to fixing Restaurant glitched this should be most important. Restaurants have needed to be restructured for some time.

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Don't get me started on this! It's just another blatant piece of Ageism in the game. Elders get nothing to do, Babies get strapped into cots, Toddlers are thrown in as an afterthought. Kids get neglected in every pack that's made and Teens have next to nothing. This kind of thing drives me nuts in my game and I've only just started to feel this having done the half of the 100 baby challenges. It amazes me how EA can say nobody plays the child lifestates so it doesn't really matter (in different words of course) Yet there is proof that there are people who do because of all of the Legacy type challenges that are out there. For a life simulator it's pretty ridiculous that you can't have a toddler in a restaurant without it being sent to daycare. I mean in real life nobody ever takes their toddlers out of the house do they so what makes them want to do it in a game? (Sarcasm) I'm shutting up now before I literally start screaming.

Not about toddlers, but I keep hearing about Elders having nothing to do, and how ageist that is, and I am genuinely confused. Aside from having to be mindful of overexertion with heavy physical activity, how do elders have nothing to do, since they can continue doing all the things all other stages of adulthood can do?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Don't get me started on this! It's just another blatant piece of Ageism in the game. Elders get nothing to do, Babies get strapped into cots, Toddlers are thrown in as an afterthought. Kids get neglected in every pack that's made and Teens have next to nothing. This kind of thing drives me nuts in my game and I've only just started to feel this having done the half of the 100 baby challenges. It amazes me how EA can say nobody plays the child lifestates so it doesn't really matter (in different words of course) Yet there is proof that there are people who do because of all of the Legacy type challenges that are out there. For a life simulator it's pretty ridiculous that you can't have a toddler in a restaurant without it being sent to daycare. I mean in real life nobody ever takes their toddlers out of the house do they so what makes them want to do it in a game? (Sarcasm) I'm shutting up now before I literally start screaming.

Not about toddlers, but I keep hearing about Elders having nothing to do, and how ageist that is, and I am genuinely confused. Aside from having to be mindful of overexertion with heavy physical activity, how do elders have nothing to do, since they can continue doing all the things all other stages of adulthood can do?

Pretty sure they’re just angry that we don’t have any canes or whatever for elders, or any stereotypical elder activities like knitting and bingo or something.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Pretty sure they’re just angry that we don’t have any canes or whatever for elders, or any stereotypical elder activities like knitting and bingo or something.
    Nah elders I know are quite active and social actually and like to play sports like water volleyball. I actually find them often more fit than young adults these days who are addicted to their electronic devices and very anti-social.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller