Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crash after latest update

This discussion was created from comments split from: That annoying moment when.....

Comments

• theavidpatienttheavidpatient Posts: 2 New Member
    So, new member here. I can't make my own post. I have tried searching discussions on TS4 game crashes after the new patch 10/03/19, but to much searching nothing specifically has come up. Since this thread is kinda touching base, or maybe some of you may lead me to the right direction.

After installing the new patch update on 10/03/19, my game kept crashing. It was to the extent where I couldn't even pass the opening menu and my computer would just black screen and shut down. I have touched base with Origins because something similar has happened before (they took two weeks after I @ them on twitter to check the queue on their reports). I have tried "turning it on and off again". I also uninstalled both origins and TS4 in hopes to just refresh everything. But, now another problem is that the downloading process has been painstakingly slow. I mean days, man, DAYS and I have only managed to get TS4 and 3 other expansions down the hatch.

I have never had this installing issue before. The computer is just for TS4 now and most of what was on my drive is now on an external drive, so nothing should be making this operation slow. Do any of you have any suggestions? Should I uninstall TS4 and Origins again? A link to a discussion geared towards this with other Simmers with this problem?

I appreciate you reading this and any helpful hints towards finding a solution.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @theavidpatient your best bet for help with tech issues is AHQ's tech support forum. (https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en)
    There are sections depending on which system you're on. But considering your mention of your machine being just for TS4: do you happen to be running MacOS Lion? If you are, you need to read this: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967129/information-for-mac-users-running-macos-lion-10-7#latest and then check the AHQ forums for possible solutions.
  • theavidpatienttheavidpatient Posts: 2 New Member
    @darrenfroggy thank you for the link! And no I am not on a mac at all. But I did read the update! Thank you for the info!