Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAKE SIMS 4 HOUSEHOLDS BIGGER!!!

12346...Next

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I think it depends on the household I am creating. For example, if I have a coven of Vampires all living together in an abandoned mansion then more than 8 would be awesome. Or if I was doing a household like The Bachelor/Bachelorette or Heart Signal (A Korean combination reality game show.) However, for other households, 8 is a good number still.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • VoraginousVoraginous Posts: 69 Member
    Yes, It's so annoying! (Comment below)
    I personally would prefer if the maximum size was at 12. With 8 as the maximum, I'm usually having to split the family at some point and pick an "heir" to play. My sims would be stuck with having a maximum of 2 children only to stay within the cap or I would have to use MCCC to expand the max size. Some challenges are also only possible if the maximum family size was bigger. Having a larger family size also stops me from micro-managing every sim's life.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    SimsterLiv wrote: »
    I wish dogs and cats didnt take up a playable spot of my household that could actually be used to control a sim. why couldnt they layer the slots like they did in sims 3. like instead of having a dog take up a spot for a sim that I can command where to go. idk its just a bit irritating knowing that my household is too big and my pets are taking unnecessary space. i love you pets but please D:

I don't have pets, as a result. I also recall having to give up my Sims' horse, it Sims3 to make room for children.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I was fine with 8 until cats and dogs came around and had your uncontrollable animals take up a household slot which can add up pretty fast if you want more than 1 pet. I'm use to playing Sims 2 where I could mod my household number and would play up to 14 Sims with no issues ever. I really dont see it changing but I would be happy if they raised it to 10 per household or removed pets from your household count I imagine if horses come they will take another slot so that if you want a dog horse and a cat you're only allowed 5 Sims.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SereneMossSereneMoss Posts: 128 Member
    i think it should be open based on what type of gameplay and what your own computer can handle. so if you want 20 or the 8 it should be allowed. kinda still weird there is only a very limited amount. i like to start by making the familys extended families too and most of the time i dont get to add them since to make people related you have to either in cas or birth and sometimes you wanna start with a huge family to be able to call over or go visit.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    This Day I hate it... I play with family Bunch, I buy oné dog for they. And I wish the parents have oné other chikd, bevause tehy have Brown hairs And all their childrens have yellow blond. And I wish that Lisa have chikd too, as teen, with her bad boyfriend VJ Alvi... BUT I can not. i muset send dog on other family... Is So creepy..
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I'd like the TS3 treatment: up to 10 with max 8 sims and max 6 pets.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I rarely reach the maximum so I'm fine with it. But it would be nice if pets would not take up slots for human sims.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    But even if they gave us more slots, those that are fine with the way it is now wouldn't have to do it. I would just like the option.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would like bigger households, lots & worlds please!
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I'm mostly entirely annoyed and upset about Pets taking up a house slot.

I cannot control my pets, I can't even LOOK at my pet's stats (WHY), so PLEASE tell me why they take up an entire family slot??

I cannot have a large family and many pets, which is ridiculous. Do NOT punish me for other's having terrible machines. If I want to take my dang gaming PC and have a house filled with 16 sims + their pets, they WHY CAN'T I DO THAT
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »

I cannot control my pets, I can't even LOOK at my pet's stats (WHY), so PLEASE tell me why they take up an entire family slot??

I cannot have a large family and many pets, which is ridiculous. Do NOT punish me for other's having terrible machines. If I want to take my dang gaming PC and have a house filled with 16 sims + their pets, they WHY CAN'T I DO THAT

Don't mince words @thecatsred, tell us what you really think. But I totally get what you're saying. Pets have no business filling playable Sims slots in the game. It's a waste of space.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »

Don't mince words @thecatsred, tell us what you really think. But I totally get what you're saying. Pets have no business filling playable Sims slots in the game. It's a waste of space.

completely agree on both points. my PC is just a store bought one from 2011 and for me and sims 4 it does alright. id still like to be able to see how many sims i can get in my house before it cracks and draws the line. id love to introduce pets but since i cant click them i cant see how many days into each life cycle they are and thats just frustrating.

its nearly 2020 and computers are more powerful than ever. its time we get the tick box in settings for 'max sims per household (including pets)' and have options for say 8, 10, 12, unlimited for example and that way each person can play based on their playstyle and what their machine allows and wed all be happier for it