Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of packs would you like next in line?

Since university is probably coming next month, we do not have to include this in our list.
After November, what are your next top priority packs that you like to install in your game?
And after that, what other packs would you want to see followed?

TOP priority packs:

* Farming pack (incl. a bunch of farm animals, new world, new farming related (freelance) active jobs and more off the gridd objects/features)
* Snow holiday world/Scandinavian based pack (New fully snow world for living+holiday, snow activities, owning property/running hotels)
* Vehicles stuff pack (but free cars in the basegame!)

Packs I would want to see after my priority packs:

* A romance pack/stuff pack (bunch of new romance interactions and woohoo options like kissing styles, slow dance, ask to marry while dining, break up/divorce in a friendly way, ask to prom (with real prom event!) and an attraction/repulse/gender preference system for our sims to set up.
* Vintage stuff pack (focuses on 80's/90's clothes/handbags and objects such like a landline phone, furniture, more plants and new radio station)

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I want future games to be only Expansion Packs.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    A Pack that allows Children to use magic/occult powers- This something that I especially miss from the Sims 1, and 3 also had this a little bit but not fully. It's cute to see the magic animation in CAS and if it's based on time constraints a new pack would allow developers to do this.

A pack that adds Fairies- I miss them from the sims 3, It's a lot of fun. Bringing back the moon phases from Supernatural would also be a great addition. Speaking of which...

A Werewolf Pack- And going off the moon reminds me we should have werewolves too...

A Carnival/ Amusement Park pack- Especially one that is in a perpetually autumn meadow. I think rollercoasters and other rides would be really fun and it's the only section of Magic Town from Sims 1 Making Magic left that's not in the sims 4 yet. (Forgotten Hollow similar to Creepy Hallow, Glimmerbrooke is similar to the Serra Glen section).

A pack similar to Sims 3 Generations that adds more to do with your family tree and events like Prom and Senior events. Maybe Boarding Schools too but I would want them to be more like University where you can control your Sim at the school.

A random event pack- I feel like the Sims 4 is lacking in silly events, so this would add things like prank calls, burglars, opportunities, and a bunch of chance cards to give your sims life's some chaos.

So basically I really like playing with occult Sims and I still hold Makin' Magic to be the gold standard of Magical sims even though that pack is 15+ years old.

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    Priority packs:
    * Werewolves GP (incl. ranks/strengths/weaknesses and customisable 'wolfman' form, body hair, a lunar cycle, new forest world etc.)
    * Romance GP (incl. chemistry system with turn ons/offs and star signs, couples cuddling in bed, ballroom/slow dancing and more romance interactions, upgraded weddings etc.)
    * Generations EP/GPs (but a free baby patch)

Others:
    * Hobbies GP (e.g. sewing, embroidery, origami etc.)
    * Hotel/Vacation G/SP (because I'm still waiting for my beach vacation world)
    * Horses GP (incl horse riding skill and shows/races)
    * Dangerous G/SP (incl upgraded ghosts with different needs/abilities and 'unfinished business')
    * Music/Bands SP (incl an upright piano, lute, harp, electric guitar)
    * Fairies GP (incl changelings and child fairies, not just teens and older)

I would also love cars/carpools and bikes, as well as various other additions, patched in.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    Here's my list:

Date Night
    Farming
    Hobbies & Sports
    Vacations
    Livin' Large (more realistic careers, more build assets, more realistic gameplay some extra NPC's and lot types)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Since university is probably coming next month, we do not have to include this in our list.
    After November, what are your next top priority packs that you like to install in your game?
    And after that, what other packs would you want to see followed?

TOP priority packs:

* Farming pack (incl. a bunch of farm animals, new world, new farming related (freelance) active jobs and more off the gridd objects/features)
    * Snow holiday world/Scandinavian based pack (New fully snow world for living+holiday, snow activities, owning property/running hotels)
    * Vehicles stuff pack (but free cars in the basegame!)

Packs I would want to see after my priority packs:

* A romance pack/stuff pack (bunch of new romance interactions and woohoo options like kissing styles, slow dance, ask to marry while dining, break up/divorce in a friendly way, ask to prom (with real prom event!) and an attraction/repulse/gender preference system for our sims to set up.
    * Vintage stuff pack (focuses on 80's/90's clothes/handbags and objects such like a landline phone, furniture, more plants and new radio station)

I just twitched at the thought of the 90s being considered vintage, since I was born in them.

I love your idea of a snowy holiday pack. It'd be the one vacation pack I got excited for.

As for me, I'd love a performance art pack, or at least, a hobbies pack full of performance art things to do. More instruments (woodwinds, brass, percussion) would especially be ideal.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Personal priorities (bolded) and wishlist (whoops this got long. who said there's nothing more to add to the game once Uni is done?):

EPs/GPs:
    - Werevolves. Ideally in their own game pack with an in-depth system the way vamps and spellcasters are.
    - Mountain living: a pack with a world that has winters longer (or snow earlier in autumn and later in spring) with chalet-style build items, skiing and snowboarding etc. Maybe heve ice skating as a standalone skill too (combined with rollerskating).
    - Rural living pack. Something in the lines of farming but with a heavy side of crafting of all kinds with deco/usable items like the woodworking table makes.
    - European living. Something with more architecture and CAS from anything between Ireland and Greece. More city/town-themed than rural.
    - Into The Future kind of pack, with maybe a spaceship as a possible career track/active career

SPs:
    "Decades" packs (split up so there's a decent amount of items per decade)
    - 80s/90s/00s pack (so very definitely not "vintage", I'm not THAT old yet lol)
    - 50s/60s/70s pack
    - 20s/30s/40s pack
    - IKEA stuff
    - Seniors stuff: more clothing suitable for Elders and some items for mobility and accessibility etc added (walking canes, hearing aids, etc)
    - Teen stuff: prom outfits, prom event, driving school, clothing specific to that age group, magazines to read, whatever else teens do these days
    - Hair and makeup stuff: new CAS options, a hairdresser/make up artist freelance career

One of the things I was thinking about recently would be a Vacations EP. We only have two vacation worlds at the moment and I think it would be fun to have an EP with several vacation worlds with rental lots and/or hotels added at once.
    - a beach vacation: might look like a yet unseen part of Sulani. Including sunbathing, beach volleyball, etc.
    - a city vacation: B&Bs or hostels to stay in (hostel would give use of a bed and a common kitchen or a private room). Including theatre rabbit holes or shopping as activities, a park and museum community lots, restaurants, maybe a castle to explore.
    - skiing vacation: extension of the above-mentioned mountain world but with rentables instead of residential lots.
    - theme park vacation (self-explanatory)
    - adventure trip: rafting, rock climbing, surfing, diving, spelunking, archery etc.

I don't know if it would count as a stuff pack, but I'd also like a worlds pack or some more (varied) worlds added to base game a-la Newcrest.

And then there's stuff I'd like added to BG or one of the packs:
    - an infant life stage to bridge the gap between babies and toddlers (crawling, rockers, baby toys, cribs, prams/strollers, CAS editing...).
    - more elder-specific activities like hobbies etc (it COULD be in a pack but I'd still like to see more for them)
    - more club activities, icons, CAS items, cross-pack additions to GT
    - kids and teens after-school activities: dance club, sports, ballet, music classes (with "attend event" options for family members)
    - bikes, trikes, etc for all suitable age groups
    - the ability for children to take dogs on walks, adults/teens to bring toddlers for a stroll, neighborhood walks for Sims without pets
    - a "challenge" mode: stronger consequences/challenges for the game for anyone who prefers to play that way
    - a trigger for previous timed challenges so everyone can repeat them in new saves (or if they weren't around for the challenges) like the magic beans or positivity one
    - cars/public transport mode for the worlds where it's possible: instead of walking off to work/school/etc, Sims would go to a nearby road to be picked up by a cab or bus that'd then drive off to the neighborhood edge & poof there
    - wading in water in non-Sulani neighbourhoods
    - ability to change a Sim into an occult in CAS without needing to start with that
    - starting funds, starting skills, job level editing in CAS
    - lot types (for BG or packs): clubhouse, cinema, market, shopping mall, playground, animal rescue, graveyard, photo studio, pet park (and probably some I can't think of at the moment).

(seriously sorry, this got long. it's also sorta in order besides the last section, I don't much care for order in that one)
  • TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    I actually want more baby and toddler stuff. In particular I'd love getting the crib and changing table back! Nothing is quite as funny as watching a toddler throw a fit in the crib. 😂
    Also more stuff would be awesome. Like a rocking horse, one of those wheeled gizmos so they can scoot around but not get hurt, a playpen totally! Maybe one of those baby swings and letting them crawl around again before they learn to walk well. And bottles! Giving a crawling toddler a bottle they don't need help with was one of my favorite things to do in Sims 2. I'm not fond of the immediate walking ability as soon as they age up. I no longer have a PC or even a laptop so I can't even go back and play my favorite Sims game. 😢
    But crawling babies and toddlers really need to come back. 😢
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2019
    * Alpine World - to live, not just to vacation. With skiing/snowboarding, Glühwein, winter markets, ice skating, many many more winter clothes (more gloves, more thick sweaters, more coats), little sleds for toddlers, little igloos sims can build and play in (incl. toddlers), maybe a secret cave with a real ice bear or Yeti (not a rabbit hole pls, sims team), hiking, etc. Just a nice wintery world with thick snow, long nights, maybe some Northern lights etc. with both residential lots aaaaaaaaaaand ..............

* Hotels - either as part of another pack (like the one above) or separately. Idc if they're separate as long as they're really, really fleshed out hotels that we can build ourselves wherever we want, with a real reception desk, hotel bar / restaurant / spa (if you own the relevant packs, even active ones), swimming areas, expensive rooms, cheap rooms, room service, etc.

* A Real Generations Pack - no explanation needed I think, just let's give our elders, tods & teens some love

* Farming - with both more traditional and more modern farming options (including off-the-grid living i.e. solar panels, water mills, etc.)
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    No more packs until we get a core gameplay overhaul re: emotions and traits and a lot more bug fixes.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I would love snow holiday and farming packs first.
    Then I'd love to have a pack that brings activities to teens, like parties, more hobbies and definitely more clothes for teens.
    Other than those I'm okay for whatever we'll get.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    - dancing pack adding COUPLES DANCING, ballet, modern dance, breakdance, new dancefloordesigns and dancestudios. also new dance career and dance stage to perform in front of others
    - fairytale/fantasy pack would be awesome, could include fairies, unicorns and dragons as pets, the ability to write fairytales, become a bard, a jester, a knight and a fairytale world....and so much more
    - forever young pack bringing hobbies and CAS/BB items exclusively to toddlers, kids and elders, adding playgrounds, duck ponds, knitting and more

and in general more animals/pets! I am guessing a farming pack would add some new ones.
    also a constantly snowy/cold world including a ski resort and residential areas.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Farming - rural style with a rural world. Focus on crops that make sense for farming corn, wheat ect.. Farm animals like chickens, cows, sheep. Craftables using things you produce on the farm.. with crafting that makes sense for this pack. Self sustainablity. Perhaps a farmers market or fair type of event or area. Tractors.

Hobbies - This could be in different packs but I want way more hobbies. Jewelry making, clothing making, juice making. Sports.

Cars/Other Transport- I think basic cars sims 2 style should be a free update. However I'd like a game pack could have a larger variety of styles of vehicles. I want the ability to make an automotive shop and to have a sim be able to be a hobbist that can repair/refurbish vehicles. Would also love things like a helicopter pad/ helicopter (just have them lift and disappear). Maybe flying cars could do the same for a futurist take on it.

Music/Band/Dance - Could be different packs but I'd like a functional band that can play a variety of genres of music. I'd like a singer to be a part of the band.. Couples dances a variety of them with skill levels. Couples to face their partner when inviting to a couple dance.

Romance - We need more cuddles/animations and the ability for sims to cuddle on the bed. Perhaps with a wedding/honeymoon theme. An attraction system would be nice if it's not overly invasive or you reset and even opt out of it (like we can with celebrity status).

Scary/Danger/Grimmy/and or Ghost additions - I still want working funerals and a dedicated cemetery lot. Would love to have more interactions with Grimmy and hope for some sort of underworld focus (don't think I'll get it but still want it). Some additions to our current ghosts would be great too. Still hoping for the addition of a fear emotion.

Hotels/Motels/B&B's - I want the ability to stay at smaller motel more than I want a hotel option as I don't think it would run well. Desk check in. Maid service... area that your sim is able to stay in becomes private or they have the ability to lock their door. Possible room service. Immersion wise I really want this as I already set up home away from homes on general lots for my sims.

Some other ideas I hope make it into packs:
    -Plastic surgery (in game possibility instead of cheating to go in CAS) especially for story and immersion purposes.
    -Futuristic themes, new area or world, new objects to bring it to life.
    -Birds! I really want some pet birds from caged birds to parrots. Also would love to have other little pets like snakes.
    -Martial Arts.. I don't care what direction they go in but would love this put into a smaller pack or even built up in a larger pack. Like an Asian themed one.
    egTcBMc.png
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    So many good ideas!!! :smiley:
    Definitely want fully fleshed out farms, hotels and hobbies/bands. And more packs that come with a new world :smiley:
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    No more packs until we get a core gameplay overhaul re: emotions and traits and a lot more bug fixes.

Have to agree, that simply having more, rather than better, is lacking. While I have been fascinated discovering that all Sims aren't the same, that they do seem to have hidden traits or something driving them that is concealed, it is too easy to make them act like mindless puppets, and particularly strange how an Enraged husband who just walked in in his wife in bed with his best friend, can suddenly be standing around chatting amicably with both of them in the next instant. It's too much like the Two-faced Politician in The Nightmare Before Christmas.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Hobbies game pack similar to Sims 2 freetime.

Generations expansion pack.

Romance game pack.

Teen stuff pack

I really want the rest of my supernaturals too like genies and werewolves but I'm not sure where they fit in.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited October 2019
    - A werewolf game pack
    - A hobbies expansion. This could actually be one the strongest expansions of this iteration if it has a lot of hobbies that are really fleshed out(like TS2 Freetime)
    - I guess farming. I'm more interested in the farm animal aspect. And country living.
    - a romance EP pack. A bunch of new romance interactions. Turn ons/off, honeymoons, weddings revamped, online dating, a chemistry system
    - a pool stuff pack. We still dont have diving boards and we could always use more pool stuff
    - a ski lodge snowy mountain vacation resort world game pack
    - a teen stuff pack

I am so curious as to what the next pack will be. After university, we will have all the traditional expansions so now we're going to start seeing some creative and new unique packs coming out.
    Post edited by LoveMcQueen5683 on
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    As everyone has been saying, it would be nice to have an official "Generations" pack. I guess Parenthood was supposed to be the pack that focused on family stuff, but it was only focused on as it says "Being a Parent" and didn't really give you anything as a Kid/Teen and was a gamepack. Generations should be an expansion pack that would help close the gap between each age group and expand on said age group as well.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited October 2019
    My top priorities:

1. Werewolves, faeries, and other occult life states like genies etc. all getting their own game packs
    Fairies GP (incl changelings and child fairies, not just teens and older)
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    fairytale/fantasy pack would be awesome, could include fairies, unicorns and dragons as pets, the ability to write fairytales, become a bard, a jester, a knight and a fairytale world....and so much more

I LOVE these ^ ideas btw, I would absolutely love a fantasy world where faeries are able to swap their babies with human ones, and I really want to see Celtic inspiration throughout this pack too, not just generic UK <3

2. A proper Generations EXPANSION PACK, not a game pack. We need WAY more family content. Parenthood is nice but it's more for the enjoyment of the parents. It doesn't add a whole lot of content for the kids themselves. We need a pack that gives a lot more gameplay for children and toddlers (and a heck of a lot more clothes for them both, especially toddlers). And before this pack is released I want a free update that overhauls babies. I would also prefer that we don't get a new world with that expansion pack so more resources can be put into good family gameplay.

3. A snowy vacation world in a Slavic-style country!
    Snow holiday world/Scandinavian based pack (New fully snow world for living+holiday, snow activities, owning property/running hotels)

I like the ideas the OP put for this too, though I would prefer Slavic styles to Scandinavian ones. I would love this to be a vacation world with hotels that you can run yourself, and not a liveable world. We only have 2 vacation worlds in Sims 4. That's pretty sad imo, I want more vacation choices for my sims. We also really need more cold weather outfit options, and a pack like this could offer a bunch of new coats and sweaters in addition to some more traditional Russian/Slavic clothing (I want a kokoshnik!) I would also love this world to have skiing, northern lights, a light viewing activity at night, and a Christmas/New Year's market.

Other things I'd like to see:

- return of burglars and npc cops, possibly in a dangerous stuff pack that you losers could have voted for instead of heckin' laundy, i really hope they didn't scrap that idea

- speaking of those stuff packs that lost to freakin' chores, i'd love to see that wedding stuff pack that would focus on wedding traditions from other cultures

- a hobbies pack that adds a bunch of recreational things AND a system that makes sims gain/lose interest in those hobbies the more they play with them, and this pack should update existing hobbies to fit into this pack too like basketball and soccer/football would give points to a sports hobby and there'd also be more sports included in that pack like golf, baseball, etc.

- a farming pack that focuses on animal-raising, and if there's no llamas in that pack i'll riot

- an active firefighter career, i have no idea what pack that would be included in, maybe a game pack instead of an expansion, and i'd love to see npc firefighters return in this pack as well

- some sims 2 style cars, especially a fixer-upper one, possibly add a small amount for free and then have a car stuff pack after the update, and you'd also see your car parked somewhere in the world you're visiting when you go to other lots, and you're able to go make out and woohoo in it whenever you want. though i really wouldn't mind if they never give us cars in sims 4, that's not a top priority for me but i'd be happy if we did get it.
    Post edited by Sheepiling on
  • gwennygwenny Posts: 8 New Member
    I would like a pack that fixes the things that frustrate me about The Sims 4. Such as: incorporating toddlers into the later games (stuff for them), giving us more things to do in a home (open curtains, tidy up around the place, lay on the couch to read or watch TV, etc), make the relationships you make with other sims more unique, and give us more whims, traits, and aspirations.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    happyopi wrote: »

Absolutely not.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Give me Werewolves in a dedicated Game Pack or as part of an Expansion pack (Alpine world, Farming.. whatever makes sense) about 2-3 packs down the line, and a real Faerie Game pack with more options than pretty Pixies a few packs after that and I'll be happy.

See, I don't even need what I want to be next, just in the pipeline. :)
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    My priorities:

1. Werewolf GP. Quit yanking my chain, already! And with how long the wait has been, they'd better be 1000X better than the ones in TS3 both functionally and aesthetically (Really, TS3 werewolves are a train wreck on both fronts. It's like they stacked their dev team with werewolf haters or something and gave the werewolf form default design assignment to someone who would rather have had orcs in the game instead...)!! And don't skip out on the tails or furry skin textures this time!!!!!!

2. Superhero/Mutant GP/EP: I've been a fan of superheros since I was barely out of diapers. My childhood spanned the late 80's through the 1990's, when mutants, superheros, and mutant superheros dominated kids' T.V. blocks 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. I don't care how controversial gene splicing has become as the tech has begun to transition from science fiction to science fact, I don't care that 12-year-old Susie in upper-middle class suburban Iowa doesn't like fighting and creepy things, I don't care if the heads of the dev team and EA's execs just want to make a sparkles-and-rainbows-and-gumdrops-all-daggone-day "chick game" out of The Sims. I want superheros, supervillains, superpowers, mutations of the awesome AND grotesque sorts, monsters-of-the-week (both friendly and rampaging), gadgets, secret HQ's, decent-looking fights (not that cartoon cloud bull), and all the weird and impossible stuff that dominated my childhood viewing and influenced my imagination well into adulthood. #QuitPanderingToWimpsAndWeaklings.

3. Outer Space EP: You know, command and live on your own starship, visit way more of Sixam, maybe LIVE on Sixam, get into dogfights with rival ships, give us some additional perks from the Scientist career and both branches of the Astronaut career to really get things going, have space stations and starports...that sort of thing. What? If you didn't notice by now, I'm a major nerd.

4. Inheritable unnatural-color hair: Not really an expansion, just a feature that's long overdue to be patched in. This needs to be fixed. Add a "Natural Color" and "Dyed Color" option set in CAS, and get this thing done, already. How, pray tell, is anyone supposed to make a no-cc Tenchi Universe household if we can't make Sasami because Child sims can't have blue hair? You know you have a lot of players who are anime fans. You know what we want. Quit jivin'!!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I still want a lot more careers and hobbies, and functional hotels/other accommodation that we can build and run in any world. Farming with chickens and farmer's markets is high on my list too. More small pets and more instruments would be nice.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    edited October 2019
    * Apologies, double post - bad connection on a train ride.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Here is my list.

1. Time Travel pack with Steampunk & futuristic theme where the Sims can either travel to the past or to the future.
    2. Far East Vacation pack where the Sims could learn martial arts, be a ninja, new culture and of course new vacation spots.
    3. Harvest pack where it should focus on farming with improved crops and the ability to cook a homemade cheese, mayonnaise with lots of farm animals.
    4. Adventure pack where it let the Sims to unlock and explore the 7 wonders of the Sims world where it could improve the existing worlds where the Sims can explore the underwater world (Simslantis), Cave of Wonders and many more.
    5. Underworld pack where it gives the ghosts an option to live as a "normal ghost", which comes with a cemetery lot type and perhaps introducing zombie.
    OID:- x4m1r4